like father like son - rand paul lone vote against idiotic law

Why do republicans tounge business' asshole but wont even flirt with the working man?

Rand is pretending that Coal reducing levels of black lung is too much. They are doing it now, its the cost of doing business. This free market that he wants is one where when a company cant make money, get government to loosen saftey on workers so they make more money

Will it stop black lung? No. Do miners get black lung? Yes

Should mining companies do what is needed to provide a healthy work environment? Yes

It's just another senseless regulation Stalinist control freaks want to impose on businesses they don't like. The cost of doing businesses always includes the senseless and unnecessary costs imposed by the government. this is just another maneuver by the Obama administration to shut down the coal industry.

The only miners who get black lung disease are the ones who smoke. It's a self inflicted disease.

Bullshit. The common working people disagree with you.

A worker enjoying everything unions have done for ALL workers saying that unions aren't needed is like cursing farmers with your mouth full.

wtf? the COMMON working people?
How many common working people BELONG TO A UNION out of 350million people in the country.
what a friggen JOKE

First of all the population isn't 350million...it's right around 310million. I'm not one to nitpick on statistics, but yours is way off. Second you're assuming that all 310million people are able to join unions (minors who can't work yet cannot-and retirees generally aren't in unions either). So out of the 310 million people...around 62million of them are children under the age of 15, and another 16million are 70+ (and 80 as an age to retire is obviously VERY generous). So that's around 78/310 million right off the bat...which is 1/4. So roughly 1/4 of the population shouldn't be factored in looking at who belongs to unions, and who doesn't.

I get your point, and I agree the overwhelming majority of Americans in the work force aren't in unions (I think somewhere around 85-90% off the top of my head). But that doesn't mean necessarily mean they shouldn't have the right to have unions. Oh and also, try and use accurate facts, instead of numbers that aren't accurate-otherwise you just look silly.

No my dear, you look silly with your nitpicking.:lol:

What do you expect from a corporatist?

Worker health and safety has always been something that corporations fought tooth and nail.

From a corporatist's standpoint, replacing laborers is cheaper than protecting the existing workers from harm IF there are no laws in place to protect the workers.

Rand Paul is an extremist, I don't even know how he won with the problems he had in his campaign. His political life is playing out in such a way that he follows in his father's footsteps.

He will be considered just another crazy Paul.

LOL, we see the talking points MEMO of the DNC is alive and well.

Everyone is a EXTREMIST if they don't believe in the PROGRESSIVE AGENDA.:lol:

As a Safety Professional who has studied OSHA Regulations I can very well decide what an acceptable risk would be given any occupation and specific jobs within those occupations.

How about you? What expertise do you bring to the discussion?

"Safety professional?" It sounds like you're some parasite sucking on the government tit.

"Acceptable risk" depends on who is taking the risk. "Acceptable" for Evil Knievel is not the same as acceptable for Paris Hilton.

Your belief that you're qualified what is "acceptable" for everyone else is the height of arrogance. That's the mindset of your typical liberal. It's the mindset of a Stalinist.

He's a union "safety professional", which means "nobody works, nobody gets hurt".

And how many of them have benefitted from the laws that unions have fought to put in place? EVERY ONE OF THE 350 million.

Wake up!!

None have benefited. Unions have done more harm to this country than any other institution, including the KKK.

Ok. It's official. You're in the NUTCASE column now.

Actually he makes a lot of sense. There is not a single major industry dominated by unions that has not seen decline. Railroads, mining, steel, autos--all of them are shadows of what they once were. Unions have cost more jobs by insisting on inefficient outmoded practices and high labor costs. You would have to go back 100 years to find positive contributions by unions.
Outlaw them now.

None have benefited. Unions have done more harm to this country than any other institution, including the KKK.

Actually he makes a lot of sense. There is not a single major industry dominated by unions that has not seen decline. Railroads, mining, steel, autos--all of them are shadows of what they once were. Unions have cost more jobs by insisting on inefficient outmoded practices and high labor costs. You would have to go back 100 years to find positive contributions by unions.
Outlaw them now.

Not when he references the KKK. That puts him in the NUTCASE column.

The sale of new homes have declined significantly so I guess we should outlaw real estate agents?

Railroads are losing out to the trucking industry.

Mining (who sells almost all its coal to power plants) is losing to nuclear technology and the increase in wind farms.

Steel and autos face competition from nations with sub-standard wages and much lower standards of living.

I find it unbelievable that everyone wants to point the finger of blame to the working men and women who are slugging it out in the trenches. What you should do is run out to that poor bastard who works for the city picking up garbage and tell him "YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!" as he is holding your maggot infested garbage bags.

Has anyone given an argument as to why the private coal industry and the private insurance industry can't handle this? Why does government HAVE to be involved?

If working in a coal mine is too dangerous the private citizen can choose any industry.

If a coal mining company is having their workers work in dangerous unsafe conditions the media will expose this, they won't get the best workers, their business will suffer, huge p-r hit, and they'll suffer the natural way capitalism causes things to suffer when consumers choose another option.

If a private citizen wants to be covered he can purchase quality insurance that a private insurance company can provide if they so choose.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with any of the points I listed?

Outlaw them now.

The sale of new homes have declined significantly so I guess we should outlaw real estate agents?

Mining (who sells almost all its coal to power plants) is losing to nuclear technology and the increase in wind farms.

Steel and autos face competition from nations with sub-standard wages and much lower standards of living.

I find it unbelievable that everyone wants to point the finger of blame to the working men and women who are slugging it out in the trenches. What you should do is run out to that poor bastard who works for the city picking up garbage and tell him "YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!" as he is holding your maggot infested garbage bags.

The KKK was very local and economically had little to no effect. I agree it is rhetorically over blown to mention them. But hey, it's the internet.
You cannot blame trucking for the decline in railroads. Railroads have enormous cost advantages just from the beginning. No, it was union salary demands and feather bedding that caused their decline.
The nuclear power industry in this country is a joke. Mining is not losing out because of that. Again, it is high demands for wage and benefits that cost most miners their jobs.
The US has a vibrant profit making auto industry. Just none of it from traditionally American companies. Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Nissan all make cars here. Guess what? Unions play a small to non-existent part in every one of those operations. Coincidence? I think not.
No one is blaming "the working man." We are blaming the union boss, who bleeds the working man dry every paycheck so he can sit back in his cigar smoke filled office and talk to "important" people like politicians. Rank and file are the useful idiots of union bosses.

Why do republicans tounge business' asshole but wont even flirt with the working man?

Rand is pretending that Coal reducing levels of black lung is too much. They are doing it now, its the cost of doing business. This free market that he wants is one where when a company cant make money, get government to loosen saftey on workers so they make more money

Should mining companies do what is needed to provide a healthy work environment? Yes

It's just another senseless regulation Stalinist control freaks want to impose on businesses they don't like. The cost of doing businesses always includes the senseless and unnecessary costs imposed by the government. this is just another maneuver by the Obama administration to shut down the coal industry.

The only miners who get black lung disease are the ones who smoke. It's a self inflicted disease.

You are a supreme idiot.

Outlaw them now.

The KKK was very local and economically had little to no effect. I agree it is rhetorically over blown to mention them. But hey, it's the internet.
You cannot blame trucking for the decline in railroads. Railroads have enormous cost advantages just from the beginning. No, it was union salary demands and feather bedding that caused their decline.
The nuclear power industry in this country is a joke. Mining is not losing out because of that. Again, it is high demands for wage and benefits that cost most miners their jobs.
The US has a vibrant profit making auto industry. Just none of it from traditionally American companies. Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Nissan all make cars here. Guess what? Unions play a small to non-existent part in every one of those operations. Coincidence? I think not.
No one is blaming "the working man." We are blaming the union boss, who bleeds the working man dry every paycheck so he can sit back in his cigar smoke filled office and talk to "important" people like politicians. Rank and file are the useful idiots of union bosses.

I'm glad you agree with the KKK. That was retarded.

The railroads and coal industry are not competitive industries, my conservative friend. The demand never changes regardless of the price. It's not like power plants can call China and say "send us coal" or Mexico and say "ship us coal on our railroad tracks". So to say that Unions caused any kind of decline is disingenious at best. What are power plants gonna do? Tell a coal mine that "your coal is too expensive so we'll just shut down electricity production"?

You have a point on auto production (and other goods). But again....the only way to compete is to lower our standard of living to that of third world nations. Is that what you're advocating? Because even non-union wages are MUCH HIGHER than that of say....Mexico. Right?

Every four years I have the chance to elect Union Presidents, Business Agents and Stewards. If they don't do the job then they are OUT.

The "union bosses" are still responsible to the membership. I went from a non-union coal mine job to a union power plant. My wages and benefits increased dramatically and far outstripped the dues I have to pay. Not a bad trade off, eh? So yes, you attack unions and you attack police, firefighters, garbage collectors, road workers. The common working people that work everyday building this great nation.

The railroads and coal industry are not competitive industries, my conservative friend. The demand never changes regardless of the price. It's not like power plants can call China and say "send us coal" or Mexico and say "ship us coal on our railroad tracks". So to say that Unions caused any kind of decline is disingenious at best. What are power plants gonna do? Tell a coal mine that "your coal is too expensive so we'll just shut down electricity production"?

You're not serious, right? Raise the price of something, you sell less of it. That is basic Econ 101, and it holds for every industry under the sun.

You're not serious, right? Raise the price of something, you sell less of it. That is basic Econ 101, and it holds for every industry under the sun.

The Red Sox have raised ticket prices every year for the last five years and continue to sell out every game.

wtf? the COMMON working people?
How many common working people BELONG TO A UNION out of 350million people in the country.
what a friggen JOKE

First of all the population isn't 350million...it's right around 310million. I'm not one to nitpick on statistics, but yours is way off. Second you're assuming that all 310million people are able to join unions (minors who can't work yet cannot-and retirees generally aren't in unions either). So out of the 310 million people...around 62million of them are children under the age of 15, and another 16million are 70+ (and 80 as an age to retire is obviously VERY generous). So that's around 78/310 million right off the bat...which is 1/4. So roughly 1/4 of the population shouldn't be factored in looking at who belongs to unions, and who doesn't.

I get your point, and I agree the overwhelming majority of Americans in the work force aren't in unions (I think somewhere around 85-90% off the top of my head). But that doesn't mean necessarily mean they shouldn't have the right to have unions. Oh and also, try and use accurate facts, instead of numbers that aren't accurate-otherwise you just look silly.

No my dear, you look silly with your nitpicking.:lol:

I don't think 40 million people is nitpicking. :eusa_eh:

Smoking causes black lung diesease not mining coal? :lol:

Gawd, you guys are horrible

Forum List

Back