like father like son - rand paul lone vote against idiotic law

Why do republicans tounge business' asshole but wont even flirt with the working man?

Rand is pretending that Coal reducing levels of black lung is too much. They are doing it now, its the cost of doing business. This free market that he wants is one where when a company cant make money, get government to loosen saftey on workers so they make more money

Will it stop black lung? No. Do miners get black lung? Yes

Should mining companies do what is needed to provide a healthy work environment? Yes

It's just another senseless regulation Stalinist control freaks want to impose on businesses they don't like. The cost of doing businesses always includes the senseless and unnecessary costs imposed by the government. this is just another maneuver by the Obama administration to shut down the coal industry.

The only miners who get black lung disease are the ones who smoke. It's a self inflicted disease.

Smoking causes black lung diesease not mining coal? :lol:

Gawd, you guys are horrible

Not only horrible. That guy is a fucking moron. I'm sorry. I've been trying to behave myself; but I have to call that guy what he is. Anyone who says shit like that is out of their fucking mind. :cuckoo:

The KKK was very local and economically had little to no effect. I agree it is rhetorically over blown to mention them. But hey, it's the internet.
You cannot blame trucking for the decline in railroads. Railroads have enormous cost advantages just from the beginning. No, it was union salary demands and feather bedding that caused their decline.
The nuclear power industry in this country is a joke. Mining is not losing out because of that. Again, it is high demands for wage and benefits that cost most miners their jobs.
The US has a vibrant profit making auto industry. Just none of it from traditionally American companies. Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Nissan all make cars here. Guess what? Unions play a small to non-existent part in every one of those operations. Coincidence? I think not.
No one is blaming "the working man." We are blaming the union boss, who bleeds the working man dry every paycheck so he can sit back in his cigar smoke filled office and talk to "important" people like politicians. Rank and file are the useful idiots of union bosses.

I'm glad you agree with the KKK. That was retarded.

The railroads and coal industry are not competitive industries, my conservative friend. The demand never changes regardless of the price. It's not like power plants can call China and say "send us coal" or Mexico and say "ship us coal on our railroad tracks". So to say that Unions caused any kind of decline is disingenious at best. What are power plants gonna do? Tell a coal mine that "your coal is too expensive so we'll just shut down electricity production"?

You're not serious, right? Raise the price of something, you sell less of it. That is basic Econ 101, and it holds for every industry under the sun.

Ok...then you'll have no problem showing me how the price of coal has lowered production or the use of it in the US. And while you're at it please show me just ONE power plant (far and away the largest consumer of coal) that has shut down and stopped making electricity due to the price of coal. Or one railroad that has stopped shipping coal and other goods due to labor costs. But I'm betting that you can't and will attempt to dodge the scenarios. The bottom line is that, again, THESE ARE NOT COMPETITIVE INDUSTRIES.

Or better yet, you can simply admit that you were mistaken in your examples.

Last edited:
I'm glad you agree with the KKK. That was retarded.

The railroads and coal industry are not competitive industries, my conservative friend. The demand never changes regardless of the price. It's not like power plants can call China and say "send us coal" or Mexico and say "ship us coal on our railroad tracks". So to say that Unions caused any kind of decline is disingenious at best. What are power plants gonna do? Tell a coal mine that "your coal is too expensive so we'll just shut down electricity production"?

You're not serious, right? Raise the price of something, you sell less of it. That is basic Econ 101, and it holds for every industry under the sun.

Ok...then you'll have no problem showing me how the price of coal has lowered production or the use of it in the US. And while you're at it please show me just ONE power plant (far and away the largest consumer of coal) that has shut down and stopped making electricity due to the price of coal. Or one railroad that has stopped shipping coal and other goods due to labor costs. But I'm betting that you can't and will attempt to dodge the scenarios. The bottom line is that, again, THESE ARE NOT COMPETITIVE INDUSTRIES.

Here ya go
New report warns against investments in coal-fired power plants | News from the Grand Canyon Trust

The cost of constructing or retrofitting coal-fired electric power plants and the rising cost of coal have made coal power an extremely risky long-term investment, according to a report released today by the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS).

That took all of 10 seconds on Google. Try doing some research sometime. It'll make you sound less stupid.

Here ya go
New report warns against investments in coal-fired power plants | News from the Grand Canyon Trust

The cost of constructing or retrofitting coal-fired electric power plants and the rising cost of coal have made coal power an extremely risky long-term investment, according to a report released today by the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS).

That took all of 10 seconds on Google. Try doing some research sometime. It'll make you sound less stupid.

From your link........

U.S. coal prices are rising and could be driven much higher by soaring global demand, especially from Asia. Spot prices for Appalachia coal spiked dramatically in 2008, largely due to international demand, and those prices are steadily rising again with the global economic recovery. And the price for a one-month contract for coal from Wyoming’s Powder River Basin rose 67 percent between October, 2009 and October, 2010. While western coal has been less exposed to volatile global markets, that situation appears to be changing since major coal producers in the West have announced plans to increase their exports to China and other Asian markets.

Hey STUPID.....don't you read your own links? If you did you might have not come off sounding so IGNORANT. Show me in your link where labor costs caused this.

Swing and a miss but DO try again......DUMBASS.

Here ya go

From your link........

U.S. coal prices are rising and could be driven much higher by soaring global demand, especially from Asia. Spot prices for Appalachia coal spiked dramatically in 2008, largely due to international demand, and those prices are steadily rising again with the global economic recovery. And the price for a one-month contract for coal from Wyoming’s Powder River Basin rose 67 percent between October, 2009 and October, 2010. While western coal has been less exposed to volatile global markets, that situation appears to be changing since major coal producers in the West have announced plans to increase their exports to China and other Asian markets.

Hey STUPID.....don't you read your own links? If you did you might have not come off sounding so IGNORANT. Show me in your link where labor costs caused this.

Moving the goal posts, shit-head?
You asked for what I bolded in your post. I supplied it.
Now STFU.

Here ya go

From your link........

Now STFU.

Wow....I thought I was conversing with someone who had at least normal intelligence. Try and keep up dick-wad. YOU posted........

There is not a single major industry dominated by unions that has not seen decline. Railroads, mining, steel, autos--all of them are shadows of what they once were. Unions have cost more jobs by insisting on inefficient outmoded practices and high labor costs.

So YOU'RE the one moving the goal posts unless you care to admit you were 100% WRONG on the lies you posted on unions, the railroad and the coal industry.

And since you FAILED to back up your claim then YOU were WRONG and YOU can STFU.

Class dismissed, Junior.

Last edited:
From your link........

Now STFU.

Wow....I thought I was conversing with someone who had at least normal intelligence. Try and keep up dick-wad. YOU posted........

There is not a single major industry dominated by unions that has not seen decline. Railroads, mining, steel, autos--all of them are shadows of what they once were. Unions have cost more jobs by insisting on inefficient outmoded practices and high labor costs.

So YOU'RE the one moving the goal posts unless you care to admit you were 100% WRONG on the lies you posted on unions, the railroad and the coal industry.

And since you FAILED to back up your claim then YOU were WRONG and YOU can STFU.

Class dismissed, Junior.

You either cannot admit you were wrong or cannot follow the discussion. You asked specifically for proof that the price of coal influenced its consumption. I supplied that.
You never asked for proof about any of the indutries and their decline due to labor. You mentioned some other reasons and I showed that was not so. Now you want to declare victory and go home.
You are wrong wrong wrong. Get used to it.

Now STFU.

Class dismissed, Junior.

You either cannot admit you were wrong or cannot follow the discussion. You asked specifically for proof that the price of coal influenced its consumption. I supplied that.
You never asked for proof about any of the indutries and their decline due to labor. You mentioned some other reasons and I showed that was not so. Now you want to declare victory and go home.
You are wrong wrong wrong. Get used to it.

When you butted in on this conversation YOU made the comment that unions were the reason why coal prices were so high. After I crushed your silly statement(s) you suddenly tried to turn it around. But I tore you up on that too.

Bottom line.....I didn't HAVE to ask for proof "of the indutries and their decline due to labor" since that's what the subject was about in the first place.

Wow......:cuckoo:

Sniveling Kentucky rich kid and Republican US Senator, Rand Paul, thinks big coal can't afford to abide by proposed regulations designed to lessen chances that miners will get black lung disease

Another typical intellectually lazy Rand Paul argument. Rand Paul believes people should be free to make their own decisions with their own lives and they should suffer the consequences of those choices. This has lead to a plethora of stupid arguments, like yours, that wow, people can make choices that lead to bad effects and government didn't protect them from that.

All I can say is, no duh. Go ahead and think of whatever you can that you want government to stop you from doing to protect you because you're too lazy to do it yourself, and you'll find another Rand Paul doesn't think government should protect you from this...

Sniveling Kentucky rich kid and Republican US Senator, Rand Paul, thinks big coal can't afford to abide by proposed regulations designed to lessen chances that miners will get black lung disease

Another typical intellectually lazy Rand Paul argument. Rand Paul believes people should be free to make their own decisions with their own lives and they should suffer the consequences of those choices. This has lead to a plethora of stupid arguments, like yours, that wow, people can make choices that lead to bad effects and government didn't protect them from that.

All I can say is, no duh. Go ahead and think of whatever you can that you want government to stop you from doing to protect you because you're too lazy to do it yourself, and you'll find another Rand Paul doesn't think government should protect you from this...

What are you blathering about now? Intellectually dishonest? How? I used Rand Paul's own words. Since when do safety regulations have anything to do with personal choice? If I choose to work somewhere, the company is not responsible for safety simply because I chose to work there? Is that your argument? Miners who work in hazardous situations are lazy for relying on safety regulations, because safety is their own personal responsibility? The latest dumb ass right-wing complaint: People who take advantage of safety regulations are lazy. The stupidest fucking argument I've ever heard. You, sir, are a moron.

Here's a way you can avoid black lung 100% of the time: Don't work in a coal mine.
Or a metal foundry. Yes, you can get pulmonary silicosis of sorts there too.

Pay's good comparatively. Don't expect to enjoy retirement long though. And the fewer people willing to work in such environments, the better the pay gets.

Here's a way you can avoid black lung 100% of the time: Don't work in a coal mine.

And you can avoid having to make your mines safe, and taking care of your workers, by moving your operation to another country.
You want total safety, don't get out of bed in the morning.
Sorry, most people die in bed. Beds aren't very safe. God forbid you go to sleep! Sleep in restaurant booths. Slide in, pull the brim of your hat down and sunglasses. Ever hear of someone dying in their sleep in a restaurant booth?

What are you blathering about now? Intellectually dishonest? How? I used Rand Paul's own words. Since when do safety regulations have anything to do with personal choice? If I choose to work somewhere, the company is not responsible for safety simply because I chose to work there? Is that your argument? Miners who work in hazardous situations are lazy for relying on safety regulations, because safety is their own personal responsibility? The latest dumb ass right-wing complaint: People who take advantage of safety regulations are lazy. The stupidest fucking argument I've ever heard. You, sir, are a moron.

I"m a moron and you ignored my point, which makes your claim dubious. Rand Paul consistently opposes government making choices for individuals to protect individuals. As I said, you can pick any subject and he thinks that. The post thread is intentionally misleading to make a political point, focus on his view, not some contrived implementation of it.

I am closer to his view then the liberal view government should be our kindergarten teacher, but I'm not in complete agreement with it either. My point was on his view, and the intellectual dishonesty of the thread title. Address his view directly.

Last edited:
I am beginning to like this guy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJKO6Pma40]YouTube - 04/12/11: Sen. Rand Paul Rips Collective at Energy and Natural Resources Committee Hearing[/ame]

He has voted against all of these things which other proclaimed conservatives fully or partially supported:

social issues:
1) health care reform
2) plan D
3) s-chip

empire building:
1) iraq war
2) afghan war

civil liberties:
1) patriot act
2) fisa update
3) dhs

I would to hear how hes not a conservative while the other people clamoring for trillions of dollars of spending a year somehow are

Dr. Paul is not a Conservative. To be a True Conservative one must be an Isolationist, Nationalist, and both a Fiscal and Social Conservative. Dr. Paul is only ONE of those four things.

the term "conservative" has so many potential meanings that it is no wonder the word is now meaningless. As for myself, I use the word originalist, because it has a clearly defined meaning ;)

He has voted against all of these things which other proclaimed conservatives fully or partially supported:

social issues:
1) health care reform
2) plan D
3) s-chip

empire building:
1) iraq war
2) afghan war

civil liberties:
1) patriot act
2) fisa update
3) dhs

I would to hear how hes not a conservative while the other people clamoring for trillions of dollars of spending a year somehow are

Well there is the bastardised and convoluted redefining of the word Conservative that allows for any number of sins to fit into the rubric.

Dr. Paul is not a Conservative. To be a True Conservative one must be an Isolationist, Nationalist, and both a Fiscal and Social Conservative. Dr. Paul is only ONE of those four things.

are you on drugs?

please explain how social conservatism (wanting to run other's lives by your own beliefs) and isolationism are conservative values?

Forum List

Back