Lifelong Registered Member od GOP calls it quits...burns his registration.

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge

This is what snakes like Ted Cruz are doing to the Republican Party.

As much as I hate to say it, I want the Republican nominee to LOSE!

Screw the GOP!

~ 150 million registered voters in the USA, each with their own viewpoint and opinion, God bless 'em.

~ 150 million registered voters in the USA, each with their own viewpoint and opinion, God bless 'em.
Is it your opinion that it's okay for a candidate to steal the votes in a public election, thus making it meaningless to vote?

you may call it "stealing", but there is a legal process in place... therefore, not really "stealing".

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus says
GOP is preparing for possible brokered convention
RNC chair says GOP prepping for possible brokered convention

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus admitted Sunday that his party could be headed toward a contested or brokered convention and wouldn’t commit to Donald Trump being the nominee even if he entered the July event with the most delegates.

“I think it’s possible,” the GOP boss said on ABC’s “This Week” when asked if he felt a brokered convention could happen. “We’re preparing for the possibility.”

“History would show ... when someone’s a little bit short, you let the process play out,” he said during a separate appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union,” suggesting that it could mean nothing for Trump to enter the convention the delegate leader but short of the 1,237 necessary to secure the nomination.

Priebus also wouldn’t shut the door on the possibility that the Republican Party could ultimately rally around a candidate who is not currently on the ballot.

UNPRECENDENTED 2016 REPUBLICAN PRIMARY COULD CONCLUDE WITH HISTORIC, CHAOTIC BROKERED CONVENTION

“I think it would be somewhat, very unusual,” he said on ABC when asked if the nominee would be one of the three remaining candidates in the race. “But I can’t 100% guarantee that.”

Under GOP rules, the party, in the event of a brokered convention, could feasibly end up choosing a nominee who wasn’t a formal candidate.

[URL="http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/13818995/"]Everything You Wanted to Know about the Republican Convention[/URL]

you may call it "stealing", but there is a legal process in place... therefore, not really "stealing".
A corrupt but legal process that negates the voters right to choose who represents him is definitely a theft of his vote. Ted stole the man's vote.

I guess we have to consider the fact that Ted is a goddamned snake. He stole votes from Ben Carson in his lying pronouncement that Ben had quit the race just before the primary.

Screw Ted Cruz!

seems to me that it would be counter productive---IN THE LONG RUN----for the
honest elephant to do such an underhanded thing

Is it your opinion that it's okay for a candidate to steal the votes in a public election, thus making it meaningless to vote?
It's a fact that this is ignorant and ridiculous.

The GOP is a private organization, and not required to abide by any election results; no votes have been "stolen," Cruz has done nothing wrong or inappropriate.

always such a pity whenever the donald is forced to play by the rules. :(

So what happens if Trump or someone else hasn’t locked up a majority of the delegates before the convention starts?

In a word: chaos. In a few more: Roughly 95 percent of the 2,472 GOP delegates will arrive at the convention “bound” to a candidate—that is, they will be required by their state party (or, in a few cases, state law) to vote for the candidate they were assigned to as a result of their state’s primary or caucus. (The other 5 percent arrive “unbound” and can vote however they like; we’ll get to them later.) That means the first vote tally should look more or less like the delegate trackers kept by the Associated Press and other news outlets. But if no candidate wins a majority of delegates during the first round—which they wouldn’t in this scenario—many of those delegates would then be unbound and allowed to vote however they want during the second round. Even more would become free agents in the rounds that followed, until eventually we’re looking at a free-for-all that would make the Republican debates look like ordered affairs.

Is there time between rounds for negotiations? Or do the votes just come one after another in rapid fire?

Conventions run on a slightly modified version of Robert’s Rules of Order, which means that decisions like the timing of the votes will likely be decided by the convention chairman and by the delegates themselves. The most likely scenario, though, is that there will be plenty of downtime between each vote in order to allow candidates, party officials, and delegates to cobble together a big enough coalition to select a nominee.

How many rounds of voting could we be looking at?

As many as it takes to come to a consensus. In 1924, it took Democrats 103—yes, 103!—ballots to finally settle on John W. Davis as a compromise nominee following a protracted fight between frontrunners William McAdoo and Al Smith. Unsurprisingly after that mess, Davis did not win the general.

[URL="http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/13764917/"]Everything You Wanted to Know about the Republican Convention[/URL]

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus says
GOP is preparing for possible brokered convention

RNC chair says GOP prepping for possible brokered convention

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus admitted Sunday that his party could be headed toward a contested or brokered convention and wouldn’t commit to Donald Trump being the nominee even if he entered the July event with the most delegates.

“I think it’s possible,” the GOP boss said on ABC’s “This Week” when asked if he felt a brokered convention could happen. “We’re preparing for the possibility.”

“History would show ... when someone’s a little bit short, you let the process play out,” he said during a separate appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union,” suggesting that it could mean nothing for Trump to enter the convention the delegate leader but short of the 1,237 necessary to secure the nomination.

Priebus also wouldn’t shut the door on the possibility that the Republican Party could ultimately rally around a candidate who is not currently on the ballot.

UNPRECENDENTED 2016 REPUBLICAN PRIMARY COULD CONCLUDE WITH HISTORIC, CHAOTIC BROKERED CONVENTION

“I think it would be somewhat, very unusual,” he said on ABC when asked if the nominee would be one of the three remaining candidates in the race. “But I can’t 100% guarantee that.”

Under GOP rules, the party, in the event of a brokered convention, could feasibly end up choosing a nominee who wasn’t a formal candidate.

Everything You Wanted to Know about the Republican Convention
I think the GOP convention is guaranteed to be a 3-ring circus.

Turn out the lights
The party's over
They say that all
Good things must end
Call it a night
The party's over.........................................

It's a fact that this is ignorant and ridiculous.

The GOP is a private organization, and not required to abide by any election results; no votes have been "stolen," Cruz has done nothing wrong or inappropriate.
By that same reasoning, Donald Trump did nothing wrong in exercising imminent domain or in using bankruptcy laws. I don't see you liberals backing off of attacking him for those things.

Forum List

Back