Life

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
How do you think life started on earth. Science has proved "the big bang theory couldn't have started it, darwinism only starts after it has begun. They've proved it impossible to have just evolved on it on. Something to ponder on.

No idea how God created everything. Im sure He will tell me when He is ready.

How do you think life started on earth. Science has proved "the big bang theory couldn't have started it, darwinism only starts after it has begun. They've proved it impossible to have just evolved on it on. Something to ponder on.

honey, science "proved" no such thing.

again, why the consternation about what others to believe?

i've never understood that kind of mindset.

Evolution and the original creation of matter have nothing to do with each other. Except they originate from the same place...God.

Evolution and the original creation of matter have nothing to do with each other. Except they originate from the same place...God.

why would you negate the possibility that G-d used science to effectuate his will?

good point. Politicians use idiots to effectuate their will.

interesting... now given that i'm not exactly a bible thumper and have a pretty loose view of what the creator is, i feel free to say that that was a pretty disingenuous comment. both militant belief and militant non-belief are pretty offensive because they presume that only someone who thinks exactly the same has the key to the universe.

why would you negate the possibility that G-d used science to effectuate his will?

good point. Politicians use idiots to effectuate their will.

interesting... now given that i'm not exactly a bible thumper and have a pretty loose view of what the creator is, i feel free to say that that was a pretty disingenuous comment. both militant belief and militant non-belief are pretty offensive because they presume that only someone who thinks exactly the same has the key to the universe.

Au Contrare. Politics has always palyed a major role in religion.
And most religions have been/are currently militant.

I do get your point though. I do not believe in any supreme being or an afterlife.
I also have no desire to worship any supreme being.
But then I am abbienermal as I have no hero worship genes in my body.

Au Contrare. Politics has always palyed a major role in religion.
And most religions have been/are currently militant.

I do get your point though. I do not believe in any supreme being or an afterlife.
I also have no desire to worship any supreme being.
But then I am abbienermal as I have no hero worship genes in my body.

actually, i'd say religion has played a major role in politics because, historically, religion has been used as a means of controlling populace, getting people "all on the same page", as it were. I think more blood has been shed in the name of religion than for any other reason.

i also happen to think militancy in religion is dangerous. luckily i come from a belief system that doesn't evangelize. i do, however, have a belief, in something... it's just not some old, white guy who sits on a throne.

but... i DO believe that anyone should be able to believe what comforts them and what makes sense to them, or not believe in anything at all -- so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or impose itself on anyone else.

i'm not sure religion is genetic... lol. i suspect it's more sociological than biological ;)

Last edited:
In the primordial ooze of ancient planet Earth, some people seem to believe a lightning strike combined some molecules together in JUST the right way to create amino acids etc.

Others maintain that the very high order of complexity of even the simplest cellular life form is far too complex to be "explained" by lightning striking a chemically laced mud puddle.

I saw a flick crafted by Ben Stein on HBO. I suspect froggy saw it too. He addressed this topic.

Darwinism might serve to explain "natural selection" which involves adaptations and changes to the forms of life and species over time. But Darwinism doesn't begin to explain the ORIGIN of life itself.

The truth is: neither science nor religion has any ability to conclusively "prove" that life was "created" by a higher entity or by the infinitessimally small chance of mere happenstance.

Some people like to claim that they are far too rational to accept a magical notion of a "creator." They mock and deride anybody with a faith-based belief. But when it comes to the almost infinitely small chance of life being created out of some random connection of chemical accidents, a belief in science also involves magical thinking.

A sufficiently advanced society would appear as magical to a less advanced one.

We could appear as godlike to those of the time of Jesus.

Last edited:

honey, science "proved" no such thing.

again, why the consternation about what others to believe?

i've never understood that kind of mindset.

scientist have tried to recreate every ideal evolusunist have come up with with failure as the result.

Forum List

Back