Philosphy of Life?

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Do you base your life philosophy on what is, or on what you hope will be?

Hmm...

I base it on alcohol %.

What is, was, will be, and is remembered in a way may or may not have been, is or will be.

Hmm...
"Hope" isn't action, but it can be a positive seed.

I try to live my life with a simple credo, "positively sincere and sincerely positive" wherein I always try to plant positive seeds in myself and others.

Some people get up in the morning and think to themselves, "damn, I don't wanna go to work today" or whatever. That's a negative seed.

"Fuck, I hope I don't get fired or laid off today" is a negative seed, using "hope" as well.

Seeds planted, positive or negative, are self-fulfilling prophesies.

To me it's all in the approach, all the time. Stopping negativity is a 24/7/365 mission. But as a great man once said,

"Gentlemen, we are pursuing perfection here. Knowing that we will never attain it, because nothing is perfect. But in our pursuit of perfection, we will attain excellence. I have no interest at all in simply being pretty good."

Folks who let this simple philosophy permeate their being and everything they do in life (Yes, everything. Even "small" stuff like taking a little extra time to check your spelling and structure before posting on message boards) will find it works very well.

Last edited:

Hmm...
"Hope" isn't action, but it can be a positive seed.

I try to live my life with a simple credo, "positively sincere and sincerely positive" wherein I always try to plant positive seeds in myself and others.

Some people get up in the morning and think to themselves, "damn, I don't wanna go to work today" or whatever. That's a negative seed.

"Fuck, I hope I don't get fired or laid off today" is a negative seed, using "hope" as well.

Seeds planted, positive or negative, are self-fulfilling prophesies.

To me it's all in the approach, all the time. Stopping negativity is a 24/7/365 mission. But as a great man once said,

"Gentlemen, we are pursuing perfection here. Knowing that we will never attain it, because nothing is perfect. But in our pursuit of perfection, we will attain excellence. I have no interest at all in simply being pretty good."

Folks who let this simple philosophy permeate their being and everything they do in life (Yes, everything. Even "small" stuff like taking a little extra time to check your spelling and structure before posting on message boards) will find it works very well.
Sounds a bit like mindfulness (positive) - good stuff. I try this as well.

I'm generally trusting until I'm given a reason not to trust. I try to stay away from the kind of people who are going to get me in trouble and I put a lot of value on the importance of the advice contained in the Ten Commandments.

Forum List

Back