Life After Death?

Where in the bible does it say he'll come back on judgment day?

On Judgement day all the dead are recalled from the grave to be Judged. Those found to have followed Satan will be returned to the dead. Those found to have followed God will be granted everlasting life. The rest will be given a chance to be accepted.

Only 144000 thousand ascend to Heaven, the rest populate a restored Earth with Jesus as their King.

Where have the dead been going for the past 100,000 or so years then? Some psychic cold storage unit?

Then have gone to their graves to rot away. God will restore them on Judgement day. Pretty simple concept and well established by the Christian faith.

I lost my wife to Leukemia over eight years ago. Approximately one year after she died, something happened that was truly unexplainable. I won't go into the details of that happening, but for me, it really solidified that there is something beyond our physical lives.

I believe in after life wether it is in hell or in heaven gardens as I wish for myself and for all .

as to your story, I believe you and I think you were a good husband,,this is my own analysis

On Judgement day all the dead are recalled from the grave to be Judged. Those found to have followed Satan will be returned to the dead. Those found to have followed God will be granted everlasting life. The rest will be given a chance to be accepted.

Only 144000 thousand ascend to Heaven, the rest populate a restored Earth with Jesus as their King.

I agree with you on resurrection issue , but we as Muslims have different aspect of the rest of what you said .

Where have the dead been going for the past 100,000 or so years then? Some psychic cold storage unit?

Then have gone to their graves to rot away. God will restore them on Judgement day. Pretty simple concept and well established by the Christian faith.

You are not dealing with reality here, ghosties and ghoulies dont exist, there wont be any MJ thriller moment when we all rise up. These were the beliefs of people 2,000 years ago, they should have no part in modern thinking. :cuckoo:

Those you asked abut are there listed in a book at our Lord , nithere He go astray nor He forget !

if we cannot expect what will happen to us after 5 minutes , then how could we guess or analyse what had happened befor hundred thosand years ?

this is verses from the Holy Qu'ran chapter 20

020.049 (When this message was delivered), (Pharaoh) said: "Who, then, O Moses, is the Lord of you two?"

020.050 He said: "Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further, gave (it) guidance."

020.051 (Pharaoh) said: "What then is the condition of previous generations?"

020.052 He replied: "The knowledge of that is with my Lord, duly recorded: my Lord never errs, nor forgets,-

020.053 "He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others.

The Jesus I know and follow will turn down the job of King.
Believe what you want and I respect that but just because you or I claim it doesn't make a hill of beans.
To each his own.

No, it isn’t a fluke coincidence. God is light (1 John 1:5 (AV). I’m sure this means more insight placed into your first experience, after losing your wife to Leukemia. Yes, there’s life beyond death. I have no doubt about this, as I experienced it. There’s a personal account written in my novel’s story. It’s given the genre of Christian biography and its title is “Mommy’s Writings: Mommy, would you like a sandwich?” Life as we live and know it is but one breath, one step, away from the next plane of existence. Earth is a learning ground in one’s growing relationship with a divine creator who’s known as God. Everyone sees things in a different light. Still, even Albert Einstein had his own insight on such happenstance.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author (early 2011)

The light comes on...sometimes and...sometimes it doesn't - and this is sign that the power which created the universe exists or does not exist?

Sue, please dont tell me you honestly believe something so absolutely tenuous as this, please :doubt:

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't? No, it hasn't come on in over four months, and now I still can't get it to come back on again. It only happened the one time when we were reminiscing about her. As I said, it could have been a fluke, but I have my doubts about it being a fluke.

The other incident I referred to that took place approximately one year after she died was actually a multitude of incidents. At the time, I was only working part-time. Just a bit after 1:00 PM the television turned itself on. At first, it didn't even phase me. I just thought it a bit odd, but I just turned it off. Well, this went on for two months. After the first few times, I tried to figure out what was causing this. What made it hard to figure was that it only happened when I was home eating my lunch.

Anyway, at first I thought maybe the kids had inadvertantly set the timer on the television, so that was the first thing I checked. The timer was not set, so I ruled that out. I checked all the wiring but couldn't find anything. The other thing that was odd was that only the tv came on. Normally when I would turn on the tv, I would just turn on the cable box and it was set up to turn both the tv and cable on at the same time. However, in these instances, only the tv came on and it went to channel 61, which was just static. Channel 61 did have some significance however, as this was the year my wife was born.

I never really grasped the concept that it could be her trying to contact me, at least not for the first twenty or so times that this happened. However, after not being able to figure out a logical cause, I began to think that just maybe it was her. Despite the fact that it may have been her, it was actually beginning to annoy me. Remember, this only happened if I was at home around 1:00 PM. If I was out and came home at 3:00, the tv would not be on. Well, one day it just got the best of me. I had come to the conclusion that the only reasonable explanation was that it was her. So on this particular day when it came on, I walked over to the tv and shut it off, and I yelled out "OK Bridget, I know it's you; now knock it off, because you're aggravating me."

This had been going on for two months at this point. But that was the last time. After I told her to stop, it never happened again. Looking back seven years later, I still have to conclude that it was exactly as it seemed, that it was her. And this makes me believe all the more that this latest incident was her too.

And just so you know, I am not particularly religious. I consider myself a Christian because I believe Jesus' teachings were profound. However, I find many things in all religions to be perplexing to say the least. I don't have an issue with a greater power being all good and allowing innocent people to die, but I find it hard to believe an all loving "God" would send his bad children to an everlasting "Hell" of burning fire and torment. And why did God not make himself known to all people in the first place? Why only the chosen few? Why didn't God make Himself known to those of the Far East and the rest of the world?

Religion to me is much more complex, and for the most part, I try not to judge. But from what I have experienced, yes I do believe there is something beyond this life. And even with the scientific knowledge that we have, we certainly do not and cannot know or even have the ability to comprehend what may or may not be possible, at least not yet.

the soul is energy....i believe we go back to one soul where we spin out again when it is our time...some pass over quickly and return quickly others do not pass easily....i dont believe in being trapped here on earth....after death...spirits are not trapped..they just arent ready to pass over...
the body is merely a vehicle that carries the soul

Forum List

Back