Life After Death?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by auditor0007, Oct 28, 2010.

1. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I lost my wife to Leukemia over eight years ago. Approximately one year after she died, something happened that was truly unexplainable. I won't go into the details of that happening, but for me, it really solidified that there is something beyond our physical lives.

What I want to get to though, is what happened just the other day. Now I realize that what took place the other day can well be written off to coincidence, but I choose to see it differently. I have this light in my kitchen, it is one of those long lasting lights that is supposed to last for nine years. Well, about four or five months ago, it went out on me. So I went and bought a new bulb. Well, that didn't work out too well. The damn thing didn't work. I figure it has to be a short somewhere; I think it's probably in the switch. Anyway, I haven't bothered to try to fix it yet.

Anyway, getting closer to the point of this story, this past weekend my youngest son needed some family pictures for a school project. I have never been very organized when it comes to our pictures as they are all in two huge boxes in complete disarray. Anyway, we began going through them; something we don't do often enough. We went through a lot of old pictures of my wife, and it got us all thinking about her again. While I do think of her from time to time, it has been a while, and it just isn't an every day occurrence. Anyway, my boys and I were talking about her and I was making jokes about the nicnames my wife gave to my sons when they were younger. At that moment, my youngest son went to turn on the kitchen light so he could make a sandwich. We have another set of lights for the kitchen besides the big one on the ceiling that is not working. Well, he turned on both switches, and low and behold, the light that had not been working for all this time came on.

Now had this happened at any other time, I would not have thought anything unusual, but the damn thing came on right when we were talking about my wife. Well, the light worked all day and evening as we turned it off and on numerous times. The next morning when I turned it on, it was no longer working. And it hasn't worked since. So was this just a fluke coincidence or something more? I know what I believe, but I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything here. I'm just throwing the story out there. I'm sure each of you will come to your own conclusion based on your own beliefs.

And yes, I do know that it may just have been a fluke coincidence. But the timing of it all, well, it is really pretty interesting to say the least.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    NO one has been recalled from the grave yet. No one has gone to heaven or been resurrected and won't be until Judgement day.

That is what I believe and that is what the Bible states.

If it makes you happy to believe otherwise, I see no problem with that it just isn't true.

3. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Where in the bible does it say he'll come back on judgment day?

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    On Judgement day all the dead are recalled from the grave to be Judged. Those found to have followed Satan will be returned to the dead. Those found to have followed God will be granted everlasting life. The rest will be given a chance to be accepted.

Only 144000 thousand ascend to Heaven, the rest populate a restored Earth with Jesus as their King.

5. Adamo

Adamo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Judgement day? That movie stank.

So a man wrote in a book that judgement day is coming? Whatever you do, don't read Harry Potter! :eek:

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Auditor, I am very sorry for your loss, and your wish that your wife remain present in your life is completely understandable. My view is, dead is dead. Finito. Everything else is whistling in the dark comfort fantasies.

7. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Where have the dead been going for the past 100,000 or so years then? Some psychic cold storage unit?

8. Suzanne

Suzanne Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, it isn’t a fluke coincidence. God is light (1 John 1:5 (AV). I’m sure this means more insight placed into your first experience, after losing your wife to Leukemia. Yes, there’s life beyond death. I have no doubt about this, as I experienced it. There’s a personal account written in my novel’s story. It’s given the genre of Christian biography and its title is “Mommy’s Writings: Mommy, would you like a sandwich?” Life as we live and know it is but one breath, one step, away from the next plane of existence. Earth is a learning ground in one’s growing relationship with a divine creator who’s known as God. Everyone sees things in a different light. Still, even Albert Einstein had his own insight on such happenstance.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author (early 2011)

9. Urbanguerrilla

Urbanguerrilla Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +148
    The light comes on...sometimes and...sometimes it doesn't - and this is sign that the power which created the universe exists or does not exist?

Sue, please dont tell me you honestly believe something so absolutely tenuous as this, please :doubt:

10. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    I believe that when one dies, there is nothing. Consider that when we're in a sound sleep, we really have no idea what's going on all around us. It's just black nothingness that you can't recall.

The spirit world is created by man's yet untamed psychic ability to create a third dimension when there is a strong emotional connection to a thing, event, or person. And that's when we "see" what really isn't there at all--except in our own minds.

As for Auditor's light switch, that too could be related to a strong psychic interaction among him and his children. There's scientific evidence that objects can in fact be moved just using the power of the mind. Collective minds concentrating on one thing are even more powerful (i.e., seances).

Bottom line is I believe when you die, that's it. You will have been born, gone through the good, bad, ugly, then died. The "afterlife" is the power of the people left behind who miss you!

But God deciding who will get to live in a Shangri-La setting upon death? I would ask the question why, then, does "God" suddenly take an innocent child who has a perfectly happy life right here on earth? Where does that child X millions more fit into the 144,000 privileged to rise on Judgment Day according to Revelations?