Lies, Damn Lies, and Liberals

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Although the author Daniel Silva used this description in a different connection, nothing could be more appropriate as a description of Liberals:
They come in two varieties- those willing to be used, and those too stupid to realize that they are being used.

Actually, the difference is a fine line, as when the truth is revealed.....Liberals of either description simply shrug.

Case in point, the constellation of lies told by Obama and his Democrats to ram through ObamaCare.....now clearly exposed by Jonathan Gruber.

1. " ED HENRY, FOX NEWS: At your Burma townhall a couple of days ago, you tried to inspire young leaders by saying, "governments need to be held accountable, need to be responsive to the people." I wonder how you square that with your former adviser, Jonathan Gruber claiming you were not transparent about the health law because in his words the American people, the voters are stupid. Did you mislead Americans about the taxes, about keeping your plan in order to get the bill passed?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, I did not. I just heard about this. I get well-briefed before I come out here. The fact that some adviser who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with in terms of the voters, is no reflection on the actual process that was run. We had a year-long debate, Ed. I mean, go back and look at your stories. The one thing we can't is that we did not have a lengthy debate about health care in the United States of America. Or that it was not adequately covered. I would just advise -- every press outlet here, go back and pull up every clip, every story, and I think it will -- it's fair to say there was not a provision in the health care law that was not extensively debated and was fully transparent. Now, there were folks who disagreed with some of the various positions. It was a tough debate." Obama on Gruber Comments I Just Heard About This Video RealClearPolitics

In that paragraph is the total disregard the Democrat/Liberal has for truth.

2. "President Obama dismissed ObamaCare architect Jonathan Gruber yesterday as just some adviser who was never on his staff and with whom he doesn’t agree.

In a 2006 speech, however, Obama said that he has stolen ideas liberally from Gruber. '..... Obama said Gruber’s name without looking down at the paper, suggesting he already knew him and didn’t have to reference his name."
Obama in 2006 I ve Stolen Ideas from Jonathan Gruber Liberally Fox News Insider

So you quote a site as bullshit as Fox News and expect us to be impressed with your assessment about liberals? You have the worst critical thinking skills. Do you even know any liberals? I mean putting us in two categories makes you sound like a computer from the 1980s.

So you quote a site as bullshit as Fox News and expect us to be impressed with your assessment about liberals? You have the worst critical thinking skills. Do you even know any liberals? I mean putting us in two categories makes you sound like a computer from the 1980s.
So you are saying the video is a lie? because it was taken from fox news?

Just don't tell her that her azz looks big in those pants and the world will live in harmony..

I don't care what the video says. Whether he is lying or not doesn't change the fact that it is juvenile and borderline retarded to make a generalization of liberals in general from it:

How about MSNBC STUPID!

HOST TOURÉ: I think that Grubergate is probably the dumbest self-inflicted wound to happen to Obamacare since the rollout of Obamacare. He calls voters dumb, and he contributes to this notion they had to be secretive in order to get this thing passed. Does this become a lasting stain on the way that people perceive this whole law, do you think?

SEITZ-WALD: Well, it’s hard to tell how much this will penetrate the larger consciousness outside of the beltway and New York. Jonathan Gruber, I’m guessing his name I.D. is 0.00001 percent among most Americans. But it does confirm all the worst suspicions that Republicans had, everything that they’ve been saying about Obamacare, that it was passed on a platform of lies, that Democrats were not transparent in passing this bill. His words, his own words, kind of confirm all of that, so they’ll point to that, and it’s just yet another hurdle in trying to get the numbers back above water for Obamacare.

MSNBC Reporter Gruber Comments Confirm 8216 All The Worst Suspicions Republicans Had 8217 About Obamacare VIDEO The Daily Caller

It's not like Fox news has ever been known to lie...oh no...

Here is the lie STUPID!

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, I did not. I just heard about this. I get well-briefed before I come out here. The fact that some adviser who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with in terms of the voters, is no reflection on the actual process that was run. We had a year-long debate, Ed. I mean, go back and look at your stories. The one thing we can't is that we did not have a lengthy debate about health care in the United States of America. Or that it was not adequately covered. I would just advise -- every press outlet here, go back and pull up every clip, every story, and I think it will -- it's fair to say there was not a provision in the health care law that was not extensively debated and was fully transparent. Now, there were folks who disagreed with some of the various positions. It was a tough debate."Obama on Gruber Comments I Just Heard About This Video RealClearPolitics

Showing how stupid you are, I admit, is beating a dead horse....but, it is fun.

"OBAMA: No. I -- I did not. Uhhh, I just heard about this... I -- I get well briefed before I come out here. Uh, th-th-the fact that some advisor who never worked on our staff, uhh, expressed an opinion that, uhh, I completely disagree with wuh, uhh, in terms of the voters, is no reflection on the actual process that was run.

RUSH: (laughing) This is unbelievable. This little sound bite of 23 seconds may be more jam-packed with lies than any 23-second presidential sound bite I've ever played for you. "I did not. I just heard about this just now. I get well briefed. I just heard about this. The fact that some advisor who never worked on our staff..." He was in meetings with Obama! Gruber has been bragging about them!

Obama has talked about Gruber being in meetings. Someone who "never worked on our staff, expressed an opinion I completely disagree with." He was not just a member of the staff, he was paid 400 grand alone just for this! We have done the numbers, by the way. Gruber has made almost $6 million in government contracts advising them on various things. Gruber even has his hands in..."
Obama Tells Us How Stupid He Thinks We Are - The Rush Limbaugh Show

I don't care what the video says. Whether he is lying or not doesn't change the fact that it is juvenile and borderline retarded to make a generalization of liberals in general from it:

Now that is an interesting observation. I will bet money that liberals generalize the definition of being liberal. By what I read liberals think themselves as the most astute knowledgeable people on Earth, a generalization of course. They say what they do is "for the people." Although generally it doesn't turn out that way.

Generally I would say that most liberals I know are always so sure of themselves but always so wrong. There are few exceptions.

OP says..."...a description of Liberals:
They come in two varieties- those willing to be used, and those too stupid to realize that they are being used."

And the Liberal comes right in with: "I don't care what the video says. Whether he is lying or not doesn't change the fact..."

Priceless!

You can always measure the degree to which a scandal is fake by how many threads the RWnuts start about it.

It's an inverse proportion (look it up, 'nuts).

Now that is an interesting observation. I will bet money that liberals generalize the definition of being liberal. By what I read liberals think themselves as the most astute knowledgeable people on Earth, a generalization of course. They say what they do is "for the people." Although generally it doesn't turn out that way.

Generally I would say that most liberals I know are always so sure of themselves but always so wrong. There are few exceptions.

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

Ronald Reagan

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

Ronald Reagan
Here is another over used quote of Reagans',,,Well....

Forum List

Back