Libs, where did all of Obama's borrowed money go?

At least with Bush I & everyone else I know got a few hundred bucks. Under Obama I only know a few who were getting unemployment. Most of my friends & I were 1099 workers, independent contractors or small business owners. They & I have got nothing but screwed from this administration. Not a dime for small business & most have gone out of business. There is a very large segment of the population that fall into this category who see unions & pension getting bailed out, but regular mom & pop business, 1099 workers & contractors get nothing. Nothing for the hardest working unprotected citizens who work without a safety net.

Small businesses got plenty of tax incentives. But how could a bailout or tax incentive be applied for 1099 workers? Since there's no employer to pay into the unemployment compensation fund, that's one of the pitfalls of being an independent contractor. Would you have been in favor of another cash bailout like Bush did in 08? (I can hear the screaming already, maybe not from you, but from those who resent such things.)

Two unfunded wars
tax cuts
medicare Part D in 2007 was only 150 billion short
where did the other 5 trillion come from?
In fact 1 war is done with. Those troops cost the same if there where at fort Bragg, just about

Do you have any idea how much a war costs and why?

Evidently not
The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

your information is not accurate (the 5 trillion and 3 trillion)
this link provides accurate information
As far as the war goes
troops are here no matter as well as those things we use to support them
All i know is Iraq is done
in 2007 we where wide open in Iraq and was 150 billion over budget
its 1.5 trillion today

The $5 trillion and the $3 trillion refer to the national debt under each President

Debt increased from $6 trillion to $11 trillion under Bush
$11 trillion to $14 trillion under Obama

Your link does not address the national debt

a couple million went towards hiding his birth certifacate, if that helps.

Not true, of course. I guess you've never heard of retainers, or law firms that represent clients on a variety of issues, not just single issues.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-claims-obama-has-spent-2-million-lega/
In an Oct. 27, 2009, article, WND reported that, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission, the Obama campaign had paid approximately $1.7 million to the campaign's law firm, Perkins Coie, since Obama was elected.

So that's where we started our research. We did our own tally of payments made to Perkins Coie, all of which were reported, as required by law, in quarterly disbursement reports filed to the FEC by his campaign organization, Obama for America. We found that in the last quarter of 2008 -- which is roughly the period after Obama was elected in early November -- and the first three quarters of 2009, which is when WND wrote its story, Obama for America did, in fact, pay Perkins Coie $1.7 million. If you add in the payments made in subsequent months, the fees paid to Perkins Coie between October 2008 and December 2010 rises to $2.6 million.

But what does that $2.6 million number mean? Not what Trump and others have assumed.

Specifically, the payments by Obama for America to Perkins Coie covered all sorts of legal expenses -- not just expenses related to birth certificate issues.

a couple million went towards hiding his birth certifacate, if that helps.

Is this not amazing?
not one liberal has responded

The stupid post has only been up for a fucking hour, asshole. You birfer morANS are on the road to assuring a victory for Obama, I hope you know. Most grownups already know that and have backed away from that unprovable allegation.

Its one thing to have the largest deficit in the history of the United States govt
Its another for no-one to know where it went
I am serious Libs
if i was yawl I would be screaming

I suppose you haven't notice the quieting of the sucking sound (job loss) that was so loud when he first took office, huh?

That's not true either.

Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009
The hemorrhaging of American jobs accelerated at a record pace at the end of 2008, bringing the year's total job losses to 2.6 million or the highest level in more than six decades.

A sobering U.S. Labor Department jobs report Friday showed the economy lost 524,000 jobs in December and 1.9 million in the year's final four months, after the credit crisis began in September.

When do you people plan on checking facts before spewing the same bullshit I've been seeing for well over two years now?

If money is to be printed, then it should go to the citizens first instead of government employees & big business.

Printed money should be divided equally among every US citizen with a social security number. Mail them all out a check & let them spend it. It is the absolute fastest & only fair way to stimulate the economy. When citizens spend the money then business & government can get theirs.

Aren't you a "conservative" on everything else? You're beginning to sound like one of those welfare queens spitting out babies every year in order to live off gubmit dole that most cons believe all libs/dems do.

Its one thing to have the largest deficit in the history of the United States govt
Its another for no-one to know where it went
I am serious Libs
if i was yawl I would be screaming

Maybe the same place Iraq's WMD went? Y'all don't seem nearly as concerned about that....

Syria?
and those 500 that where found I guess went no where

Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria
The history books on this issue shouldn’t be written just yet.
June 6, 2010 - by Ryan Mauro Page 1 of 2 Next -> View as Single Page

Share |

Ha’aretz has revived the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.

The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.

One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Richard Radcliffe, one of my co-writers at WorldThreats.com, noticed that Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.

It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened. The media blasted the headline that Charles Duelfer, the head of the Iraq Survey Group tasked with finding out if Saddam had WMDs, concluded that a transfer did not occur. In reality, his report said they were “unable to complete its investigation and is unable to rule out the possibility that WMD was evacuated to Syria before the war” due to the poor security situation.

Although no conclusion was made, Duelfer has since said that he is “convinced” that no WMD went to Syria. He is a competent and credible individual, but there is evidence that key information on this possibility was not received by the Iraq Survey Group, which had many of its own problems.

On February 24, 2009, I went to see a talk Duelfer gave at the Free Library of Philadelphia to promote his book. He admitted there were some “loose ends” regarding the possibility that Iraqi WMD went to Syria, but dismissed them. Among these “loose ends,” Duelfer said, was the inability to track down the Iraqis who worked for a company connected to Uday Hussein that sources said had driven “sensitive” material into Syria. A Pentagon document reveals that an Iraqi dissident reported that 50 trucks crossed the border on March 10, 2003, and that his sources in Syria confirmed they carried WMD. These trucks have been talked about frequently and remain a mystery.

During the question-and-answer period and during a follow-up interview, Duelfer made several interesting statements to me that reinforced my confidence that such a transfer occurred, although we can not be sure of the extent of it.

General Georges Sada, the former second-in-command of the Iraqi Air Force, claimed in his 2006 book that he knew two Iraqi pilots that flew WMD into Syria over the summer of 2002, which came before a later shipment on the ground. I asked Duelfer if Nizar Nayouf or the two Iraqi pilots were spoken with.

“I did not interview the pilots nor did I speak with the Syrian journalist you mentioned,” he said. “We were inundated with WMD reports and could not investigate them all. … To narrow the problem, we investigated those people and places we knew would have either been involved or aware of regime WMD activities.”

He then told me that the lack of testimony about such dealings is what convinced him that “a lot of material went to Syria, but no WMD.” He cited the testimony of Naji Sabri, the former Iraqi foreign minister, in particular.

“I knew him very well, and I had been authorized to make his life a lot better, or a lot worse,” he told me.

Psst -- Nobody's going to revisit that horseshit again, pal. You can cling to it until your blankie shrinks to nothing, but the fact remains THERE WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, which even George W. Bush himself admits to.

Did you get the Making Work Pay tax credit?

That cost 60 billion a year, added to the deficit.

Was that in 2007?
so thats where the 150 billion came from?
so about the other 1.4 trillion?

WTF 2007?

The deficit for 2008 Bush's last year was 458 billion.

2009 tax revenues fell 420 billion from 2008, so there's 880 billion that had to be borrowed just to support the 2008 budget expenditure.

The rest would be increased spending. Can't you look up each sector of government yourself to see where the increases occurred?

Maybe the same place Iraq's WMD went? Y'all don't seem nearly as concerned about that....

Syria?

Share |

Ha’aretz has revived the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.

The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.

One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Richard Radcliffe, one of my co-writers at WorldThreats.com, noticed that Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.

It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened. The media blasted the headline that Charles Duelfer, the head of the Iraq Survey Group tasked with finding out if Saddam had WMDs, concluded that a transfer did not occur. In reality, his report said they were “unable to complete its investigation and is unable to rule out the possibility that WMD was evacuated to Syria before the war” due to the poor security situation.

Although no conclusion was made, Duelfer has since said that he is “convinced” that no WMD went to Syria. He is a competent and credible individual, but there is evidence that key information on this possibility was not received by the Iraq Survey Group, which had many of its own problems.

On February 24, 2009, I went to see a talk Duelfer gave at the Free Library of Philadelphia to promote his book. He admitted there were some “loose ends” regarding the possibility that Iraqi WMD went to Syria, but dismissed them. Among these “loose ends,” Duelfer said, was the inability to track down the Iraqis who worked for a company connected to Uday Hussein that sources said had driven “sensitive” material into Syria. A Pentagon document reveals that an Iraqi dissident reported that 50 trucks crossed the border on March 10, 2003, and that his sources in Syria confirmed they carried WMD. These trucks have been talked about frequently and remain a mystery.

During the question-and-answer period and during a follow-up interview, Duelfer made several interesting statements to me that reinforced my confidence that such a transfer occurred, although we can not be sure of the extent of it.

General Georges Sada, the former second-in-command of the Iraqi Air Force, claimed in his 2006 book that he knew two Iraqi pilots that flew WMD into Syria over the summer of 2002, which came before a later shipment on the ground. I asked Duelfer if Nizar Nayouf or the two Iraqi pilots were spoken with.

“I did not interview the pilots nor did I speak with the Syrian journalist you mentioned,” he said. “We were inundated with WMD reports and could not investigate them all. … To narrow the problem, we investigated those people and places we knew would have either been involved or aware of regime WMD activities.”

He then told me that the lack of testimony about such dealings is what convinced him that “a lot of material went to Syria, but no WMD.” He cited the testimony of Naji Sabri, the former Iraqi foreign minister, in particular.

“I knew him very well, and I had been authorized to make his life a lot better, or a lot worse,” he told me.

Psst -- Nobody's going to revisit that horseshit again, pal. You can cling to it until your blankie shrinks to nothing, but the fact remains THERE WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, which even George W. Bush himself admits to.

Anyone who goes WMD's-went-Syria has completely given up on any hopes of being taken seriously.

If money is to be printed, then it should go to the citizens first instead of government employees & big business.

Printed money should be divided equally among every US citizen with a social security number. Mail them all out a check & let them spend it. It is the absolute fastest & only fair way to stimulate the economy. When citizens spend the money then business & government can get theirs.

Aren't you a "conservative" on everything else? You're beginning to sound like one of those welfare queens spitting out babies every year in order to live off gubmit dole that most cons believe all libs/dems do.

I am not for certain groups getting free money if everyone does not get some. If I have a savings account that is getting devalued by a weakened dollar then I should get paid for that plus the extra portion of the national debt I will be responsible for. I do not believe in paying only the political support groups. From what I can see nearly all the money went to military contractors & government dependants "welfare queens".

There are a lot of hard workers & small mom & pop business that have no access to the free money pot. If small businesses customers default on their invoices & put them out of business then no amount of tax incentives or unemployment will help those people. Most of these people are to proud to take hand-outs but this massive economic failure has punished them hardest of all.

BTW I was fine with Bush giving everyone the same stimulus. Since we are deficit spending $1.5 Trillion a year (same as printing money). If we divided that by our 300 million citizens that will be responsible for paying it back & suffer the effects of inflation. It would equal $5,000 per citizen per year. There would be no recession if this happened.

Obama ($3 trillion)
Tax credits
Public Works projects
Teacher, Police and Firefighter salaries
Loans to Banks and Automakers

Bush ($5 trillion)
Two unfunded wars
$2 trillion in tax cuts
Medicare Part D

ere where at fort Bragg, just about[/QUOTE]

Bush was president for 8 years. Obama's total is over a two year period.

His budget projects an increase in debt to $20.8T by the end of 2016. Total debt was $10.6T when he took office. His own budget predicts that he will add double the debt compared to what Bush did, and this is an optimistic view.

In reality, GDP growth will be slower, the deficits bigger, and the pressure to increase debt even more will be greater.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2012/assets/tables.pdf

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/mspd/2009/opds012009.pdf

Syria?

Share |

Thats not what he admitted to mam
By the way how do you feel about these remarks?
all of them prior o March 2003

Lets start with the UN

lix: weapons and anthrax still unaccounted for
3:40PM GMT 27 Jan 2003
Iraq has not yet come to genuinely accept disarmament, according to Hans Blix, the United Nations's chief weapons inspector.
Iraq has co-operated with his team on providing access but it needed to go further, Mr Blix told the UN Security Council.
He said: "It would appear from our experience so far that Iraq has decided in principle to provide co-operation on process, notably access.
"A similar decision is indispensable to provide co-operation on substance in order to bring the disarmament task to completion, through the peaceful process of inspection, and to bring the monitoring task on a firm course."
Touching on the question of how much time inspectors need, he said he shared "the sense of urgency" to achieve disarmament within "a reasonable period of time".
The UN Security Council was meeting to hear Mr Blix's first report following the return of weapons inspectors to Iraq last November.
Of the declaration of weapons made by Iraq under UN resolution 1441, he said: "Regrettably, the 12,000-page declaration does not seem to contain any new material."
Mr Blix said the declaration had failed to account for 6,500 chemical warfare bombs, adding that 12 empty chemical warheads recently found in a bunker south of Baghdad "could be the tip of the iceberg".

Iraq had also failed to prove it had destroyed all of its anthrax, Mr Blix said. There were "strong indications" that it had produced more than it had admitted.
He recalled that Iraq had declared that it produced 8,500 litres of anthrax and unilaterally destroyed the stock in the summer of 1991. But there was "no convincing evidence of destruction," he said.

He added that Iraq had not fully accounted for stocks of precursor chemicals used to make VX nerve gas. Baghdad had also lied about how close it had come to weaponising the gas in the late 1980s.
Mr Blix added that Iraq has refused to co-operate with a request from UN weapons inspectors regarding flights of U-2 spy planes for aerial imagery and surveillance.
Mr Blix, who is charged with overseeing the elimination of Iraq's chemical and biological weapons and long-range missiles, was accompanied by Mohamed ElBaradei, the director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Mr ElBaradei said that his inspectors had found no evidence that Iraq had revived its weapons programme after it was destroyed following the Gulf War.
But he said that inspectors needed more time to provide "credible assurance" that Iraq has no nuclear weapons programme.
He also urged Iraq to provide more information about the pre-1991 weapons programme.
John Negroponte, the United States ambassador to the UN, said that nothing Mr Blix and Mr ElBaradei had said indicated that Iraq had disarmed. He said: "Iraq is back to business as usual."
how about some dems
One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Obama ($3 trillion)
Tax credits
Public Works projects

Bush ($5 trillion)
Two unfunded wars
$2 trillion in tax cuts
Medicare Part D

I did a bit of research. Obama in his first two years increased Debt Held By The Public more than Bush did during his entire eight years.

Over 8 years, Bush increased Federal Debt by $4.9T, $2T of that was Intragovernmental Holdings (i.e. borrowing from the SS Trust Fund). Bush increased Debt Held By The Public by $2.9T.

Over the first two years of his Presidency, Obama increased total debt by $3.5T. Only $300B of that was Intragovernmental. He increased Debt Held By The Public by $3.2T - more than over Bush's entire two terms, and over 1/3 of the entire cumulative historical balance.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/mspd/2011/opds012011.pdf

ftp://ftp.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opds012001.pdf

Last edited:
Two unfunded wars
tax cuts
In fact 1 war is done with. Those troops cost the same if there where at fort Bragg, just about

Evidently not
The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

As far as the war goes
its 1.5 trillion today
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your inaccurate link does not include Bush's OFF BUDGET deficit spending!!!!

How stupid do you have to be to think off budget DEFICIT SPENDING is not DEFICIT SPENDING!!! :cuckoo:

In 2007 the lying BushWhacker was over $500 billion over budget, 2008 over $1 trillion over budget!!!! What does your link's phony chart show?????
For all 8 Bush Budgets he was $6,1 trillion over budget!!!!

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

Obama ($3 trillion)
Tax credits
Public Works projects

Bush ($5 trillion)
Two unfunded wars
$2 trillion in tax cuts
Medicare Part D

I did a bit of research. Obama in his first two years increased Debt Held By The Public more than Bush did during his entire eight years.

Over 8 years, Bush increased Federal Debt by $4.9T, $2T of that was Intragovernmental Holdings (i.e. borrowing from the SS Trust Fund). Bush increased Debt Held By The Public by $2.9T.

Over the first two years of his Presidency, Obama increased total debt by $3.5T. Only $300B of that was Intragovernmental. He increased Debt Held By The Public by $3.2T - more than over Bush's entire two terms, and over 1/3 of the entire cumulative historical balance.

Again, to CON$ intergovernmental DEBT is not DEBT, just as off budget DEFICIT SPENDING is not DEFICIT SPENDING. :cuckoo:

Two unfunded wars
tax cuts

Evidently not

As far as the war goes
its 1.5 trillion today

From your "blog source":

TARP was necessary to save the economy from collapse. Letting the banks fail was not the right thing to do and it would have led to a Great Depression.

Hilarious. That was before Obama, and yet right wingers want to blame it on Obama. What about all those "tax cuts" and the millions of jobs they were supposed to "create"? Oops.

Syria?

Share |

Thats not what he admitted to mam
By the way how do you feel about these remarks?
all of them prior o March 2003

Lets start with the UN

lix: weapons and anthrax still unaccounted for
3:40PM GMT 27 Jan 2003
Iraq has not yet come to genuinely accept disarmament, according to Hans Blix, the United Nations's chief weapons inspector.
Iraq has co-operated with his team on providing access but it needed to go further, Mr Blix told the UN Security Council.
He said: "It would appear from our experience so far that Iraq has decided in principle to provide co-operation on process, notably access.
"A similar decision is indispensable to provide co-operation on substance in order to bring the disarmament task to completion, through the peaceful process of inspection, and to bring the monitoring task on a firm course."
Touching on the question of how much time inspectors need, he said he shared "the sense of urgency" to achieve disarmament within "a reasonable period of time".
The UN Security Council was meeting to hear Mr Blix's first report following the return of weapons inspectors to Iraq last November.
Of the declaration of weapons made by Iraq under UN resolution 1441, he said: "Regrettably, the 12,000-page declaration does not seem to contain any new material."
Mr Blix said the declaration had failed to account for 6,500 chemical warfare bombs, adding that 12 empty chemical warheads recently found in a bunker south of Baghdad "could be the tip of the iceberg".

Iraq had also failed to prove it had destroyed all of its anthrax, Mr Blix said. There were "strong indications" that it had produced more than it had admitted.
He recalled that Iraq had declared that it produced 8,500 litres of anthrax and unilaterally destroyed the stock in the summer of 1991. But there was "no convincing evidence of destruction," he said.

He added that Iraq had not fully accounted for stocks of precursor chemicals used to make VX nerve gas. Baghdad had also lied about how close it had come to weaponising the gas in the late 1980s.
Mr Blix added that Iraq has refused to co-operate with a request from UN weapons inspectors regarding flights of U-2 spy planes for aerial imagery and surveillance.
Mr Blix, who is charged with overseeing the elimination of Iraq's chemical and biological weapons and long-range missiles, was accompanied by Mohamed ElBaradei, the director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Mr ElBaradei said that his inspectors had found no evidence that Iraq had revived its weapons programme after it was destroyed following the Gulf War.
But he said that inspectors needed more time to provide "credible assurance" that Iraq has no nuclear weapons programme.
He also urged Iraq to provide more information about the pre-1991 weapons programme.
John Negroponte, the United States ambassador to the UN, said that nothing Mr Blix and Mr ElBaradei had said indicated that Iraq had disarmed. He said: "Iraq is back to business as usual."
how about some dems
One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Why do idiots keep posting quotes from years and years ago? It was Bush who attacked Saddam. Bush. Bush and the Republicans. No one else. Before the smoking gun becomes a "mushroom cloud". WMDs. To "liberate" the Iraqi people (the least Bush could have done is wait until they asked. Guess not.) Republicans don't care what other people say now. Why quote, out of context, what was said years ago by people they call names? So very strange.

The real question:

Libs, where did all of Obama's borrowed money go?

Don't forget, more than a third of that was "tax cuts". Didn't work for Bush, didn't work for Obama. Typical of Republicans failed economic strategies. But if you don't give in to a little Republican "failure", they fight everything.

What Republicans should be doing is asking their leadership:

Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) Held A Job Fair Where Nearly Half The 30 Organizations Received Stimulus Funds; Cantor Also Supported Using Stimulus Funds To Build A Washington To Richmond Rail.
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) Took Credit For $35 Million In Stimulus Highway Funds.
Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) Issued Pres Releases Bragging About Bringing Stimulus Jobs To His District.
Rep. Elton Gallegly (R-CA) Claimed Credit For Stimulus Grants In His District.
Rep. Steve King (R-IA) Claimed Credit For Highway Stimulus Funds He Voted Against.
Rep. Joseph Cao (R-LA) Working To ‘Channel’ Recovery Act Funds To New Orleans.
Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-OH) Quietly Asked For Stimulus Funds For Her Constituents.
Rep. Steve Buyer (R-IN) Wrote Letters Asking For ‘Vital’ For His District.
Rep. Mary Fallin (R-OK) Requested Army Secretary Use $8.4m in Stimulus Funds for Projects in Oklahoma.
Rep. Dan Lungren (R-CA) Praised $127.5 million in Stimulus Funds to Sacramento As a Solution To “Energy, Environmental and National Security Issues.”
Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-GA) Hands Out Giant Stimulus Check In Georgia.
Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) Praised Stimulus Funding For Local Courthouse.
Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) Wrote A Letter Stating ‘We Know’ A Stimulus Grant Would ‘Provide Jobs And Investment.’
(remember him? Apology to BP?)
Rep. Todd Platts (R-PA) Demanded That The Obama Admin Shift Stimulus Money Back To PA Universities.
And a hundred more Republicans who voted against “Obama’s borrowed” money and begged for some of that money for their own states to create jobs and help the economy.
Love it when right wingers start these threads and have no clue what their leaders are doing.

And that's just a few of the Republicans who asked for and received stimulus money. You can find the other hundred here:

114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

Obama ($3 trillion)
Tax credits
Public Works projects

Bush ($5 trillion)
Two unfunded wars
$2 trillion in tax cuts
Medicare Part D

Again, to CON$ intergovernmental DEBT is not DEBT, just as off budget DEFICIT SPENDING is not DEFICIT SPENDING. :cuckoo:

That's not what I said. Both are forms of Debt, but one is with external parties, the other internal. Considering the debt ceiling issue is one of being under the thumb of external parties who will demand higher interest payments, owing money externally is the worse position - the other type will catch up with us soon enough as SS craters into insolvency.

Forum List

Back