Liberals Win Again!

This countrys' preoccupation with all things gay is another sign of our un-exceptionalism when we are actually facing a multitude of significant pressing problems that take a back seat to the whims of what amounts to 4% of our population.

it's a preoccupation with civil rightrs.

something that offends the rabid right....

What about the Religious Civil Rights?
It violates their 1st amendment right.

In what way?

When they are Forced to bake cakes or cater at gay weddings.
This is against the 1st amendment and prohibits them from their free exercise.
It does not prohibit any gay couples to go to another business that will do it for them nor does it stop any other sale products from those businesses selling to gays.
Both groups have their rights and gay rights are not being violated when they have plenty of businesses to choose from.
Gays are not being banned from the businesses that would be a violation of their rights.
Forcing religious businesses owners to go against their religious views is a violation of their rights.

But it does violate the rights of others

Nobody is forcing religious beliefs or establishing a religion. You have a freedom of religion guaranteed in the first amendment, but you don't have the right to use your religion to violate the equal rights of others

They are not violating their rights, now if there was a sign in the window that said no gays allowed that would be a violation of their rights.
To some Religious people marriage is a contract between a couple and God.
Thus the words till death do us part, because there is no marriage in heaven.
The marriage between two men or two women is not just a sin it's an abomination in Gods eyes. This is their right to their religious beliefs based on the Bible.

In what way?

It does not prohibit any gay couples to go to another business that will do it for them nor does it stop any other sale products from those businesses selling to gays.
Both groups have their rights and gay rights are not being violated when they have plenty of businesses to choose from.
Gays are not being banned from the businesses that would be a violation of their rights.
Forcing religious businesses owners to go against their religious views is a violation of their rights.

Nobody is forcing religious beliefs or establishing a religion. You have a freedom of religion guaranteed in the first amendment, but you don't have the right to use your religion to violate the equal rights of others

They are not violating their rights, now if there was a sign in the window that said no gays allowed that would be a violation of their rights.
The marriage between two men or two women is not just a sin it's an abomination in Gods eyes. This is their right to their religious beliefs based on the Bible.

Nobody is asking them to marry them. You own a business and must not discriminate. Nobody is asking you to condone a marriage

If the bride is pregnant, should your business provide a cake? Isn't that an abomination?

Ultra-Conservative Senator/Governor Mike Pence has changed his position.

Southern Conservative Senator/Governor Asa Huchinson is calling for a re-write before he signs it, making clear there will be no discrimination, and pointing out that the Federal law will be his guidepost, not a 'States Rights' position.

Liberals win again.

Well, pack yer' ass with gerbils, and jump for joy!
another expert on gerbil packing speaks.

This countrys' preoccupation with all things gay is another sign of our un-exceptionalism when we are actually facing a multitude of significant pressing problems that take a back seat to the whims of what amounts to 4% of our population.

Even the ACLU in Indiana said that the law is constitutional.

Ultra-Conservative Senator/Governor Mike Pence has changed his position.

Southern Conservative Senator/Governor Asa Huchinson is calling for a re-write before he signs it, making clear there will be no discrimination, and pointing out that the Federal law will be his guidepost, not a 'States Rights' position.

Liberals win again.
So this is a "win"?.....How so.. These laws are going in effect...Dumb
Umm....

Repubs took back the House, then the Senate; they already have i believe 30 of the Governor's seats. yea the Left sure is on a winning streak!! lol

the guy that gave obama his Nobel in his first year recently got demoted!

libs are losers who lie to themselves

obamacare is still being delayed from full implementation; by obama himself, not Republicans

keep up the good work leftardz!!

They are not forced to be in business. They can bake cakes for pleasure and deny anyone they wish.

i agree the Left is winning in some cases though. more than 14 million more on obamacare in obama's seventh year. the welfare state has been expanded and more Americans are dependent on the government for their survival

Nobody is asking them to marry them. You own a business and must not discriminate. Nobody is asking you to condone a marriage

The only way that I could even consider agreeing with that is if the couple could be FORCED to sign a Confidentiality Agreement on where (whatever service/product you provide) came from.

I got married last summer. My wife and I STILL occasionally get requests for information on who/where provided different products or services for our event. Who was the DJ? Who did your flowers? Where did the cake come from? etc......

Forcing a business to interact with individuals whom they do not philosophically agree with has a significant chance of putting that business's owners in a bad spot if they hold particular religious or social beliefs. I'm not sure some of you people realize how strict some churches and other social organizations can be with their requirements for members. I grew up in a church organization that severely reprimandeed and punished a member of its clergy for being involved in the Multi-Denominational Prayer Service at Giant's Stadium after September 11th because their doctrine says clergy may not participate in multi-denominational services. Others won't even allow their members to be involved in the BSA or the Knights of Columbus or join a Union.

why are there so many stupid people on the Left that lie to themselves about so much of what is happening these days?

I believe shoes are bad for my feet so I go barefoot all the time. I'm constantly denied service in most businesses (no shoes, no service!).
I want liberals to pass me a law........waahh......waahh.........:crybaby:.......:crybaby:....

Yes, Synthaholic, you're right.. Liberals win again.

It's what happens when more Conservative folk elect Gutless, Nutless Wonders, who are all talk and no action.

Live and learn.

This isn't the end.

Just the beginning.

In what way?

If the bride is pregnant, should your business provide a cake? Isn't that an abomination?

NO it is sin to have the kid out of wedlock.
They are being forced to bake the cakes by the court.
Judge Orders Colorado Cake Maker To Serve Gay Couples CBS Denver

Both sides have their rights not just one and they should not be forced to bake a wedding cake through the courts.
Just like businesses have signs that say no shirt, no shoes no service.
Why does that not violate shirtless, shoe less peoples rights?

It's what happens when more Conservative folk elect Gutless, Nutless Wonders, who are all talk and no action.

Live and learn.

This isn't the end.

Just the beginning.
No, it's the end.

Conservatism is dying.

Live and learn.

This isn't the end.

Just the beginning.
No, it's the end.

Conservatism is dying.
Remember your apocryphal Churchill?

--------------------

"He who is not a Liberal in his Youth has no heart.

He who is not a Conservative in his Old Age has no brains."

--------------------

Today's Liberals are tomorrow's Conservatives.

Conservatism, like Liberalism, has cyclical risings and fallings of fortune and popularity and power.

If anything, given the 'shellacking' that Liberals took in the 2010 and 2014 mid-terms, well...

I'm not so sure, that Conservatism is dying at the moment, or if it is now re-ascendant, as it is from time to time, during the course of any given cycle.

You're not so sure, either.

Forum List

Back