Liberals, riddle me this on healthcare proposal?

I've worked in an HMO and I know first hand that the HIPPAA laws get violated everyday, so much so that it has become common practice and quality controllers are so desensitized they don't even notice it.
Then answer isn't to make healthcare another state run organization...the answer to ask the already current standing HMO's to help curb the uninsured populations with programs and creating a state medical system that is effective in not only seeing patients but providing quality healthcare. I've heard a lot of people talk about this could potentially make insurance premiums go up and thats simply not the case...that can and should be mandated by the state. Kaiser Permanente and others like it, have millions upon millions in cash reserves that literally just sit there...thats money that could be used and inserted back into the economy through health care initiatives and programs.

What is being mandated??

I don't like mandates!

Do you have a car? Do you have insurance for your car? If not, you're breaking the law, because IT IS MANDATED.

Liberals historically have always held themselves up as the 'defender' of privacy.

After 9-11 lib's screamed bloody murder that the Patriot Act was an 'invasion' of privacy. True libs don't even want to intercept calls originating from known terrorist countries! Nope, invasion of privacy they say.

They say it's a woman's right to control her OWN body. Roe v Wade

They are staunch defenders of the HIPAA legislation protecting one's private medical information.

We could go on and on and on....... I'm sure someone else will add more.

So, riddle me this lib's, WHY on God's green earth are you SO WILLING to give up control of YOUR ENTIRE BODY to faceless bureaucracy in Washington?

Talk about an invasion of privacy! This is the ULTIMATE invasion of privacy. Any behavior "THEY THINK" is risky and costly to the 'system' will be penalized in one way or another. Want to do a little hiking in the wilderness, nope to dangerous! Want to go snowboarding, nope to dangerous. If you a vegan, want to have a big ole plate of french fires smothered in cheese. Nope, bad for your heart and on and on and on................................................ ................................................

One of the plans 'cost savings' measures is to digitize and centrally locate ALL medical records. You've seen the IBM commercials. Great, let's have your entire health history in a database the government has control over! Probably would use MS Windows as the OS. HA, that's a secure platform.

WHY, WHY, WHY are you willing to do this?? How much of your body are you willing to 'give up' to the government? Your body and your mind are pretty much the LAST autonomous space you STILL control!!

Blind sheep being led to the slaughter.

Every other Western democracy has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because they don't have to pay liability lawyers, insurance company overhead, and Big Pharma. A single payer system is more efficient.

Tell me which country the single payer system is successful Mr. Gibbs ? .......:eusa_whistle:

The "success" or not of universal care in other countries is in the eye of the one needing health care. There is not, however, a single country that provides it where the population in general would get rid of it. Which says volumes.

Liberals historically have always held themselves up as the 'defender' of privacy.

After 9-11 lib's screamed bloody murder that the Patriot Act was an 'invasion' of privacy. True libs don't even want to intercept calls originating from known terrorist countries! Nope, invasion of privacy they say.

They are staunch defenders of the HIPAA legislation protecting one's private medical information.

So, riddle me this lib's, WHY on God's green earth are you SO WILLING to give up control of YOUR ENTIRE BODY to faceless bureaucracy in Washington?

Talk about an invasion of privacy! This is the ULTIMATE invasion of privacy. Any behavior "THEY THINK" is risky and costly to the 'system' will be penalized in one way or another. Want to do a little hiking in the wilderness, nope to dangerous! Want to go snowboarding, nope to dangerous. If you a vegan, want to have a big ole plate of french fires smothered in cheese. Nope, bad for your heart and on and on and on................................................ ................................................

One of the plans 'cost savings' measures is to digitize and centrally locate ALL medical records. You've seen the IBM commercials. Great, let's have your entire health history in a database the government has control over! Probably would use MS Windows as the OS. HA, that's a secure platform.

WHY, WHY, WHY are you willing to do this?? How much of your body are you willing to 'give up' to the government? Your body and your mind are pretty much the LAST autonomous space you STILL control!!

Healthcare
It's not a liberal thing ...

... it's an idiots dream.

Microsoft
Windoze is obsolete ...

... even Mac is going Linux.

Privacy
No such thing.

Liberals
The neoliberals ... like neocons ... are not truly liberals.

So now that liberal isn't a dirty word but Conservative is, you think you can coin the term neo liberal?

What is the difference between a lib and a neo lib?

Um ... no, simple answer, anyone from either the conservative or liberal "groups" that want more government control are neos and are the true anti-Americans, period.

So you are OK with it getting worse? Gov run anything....The VA, DMV, Education. They are not my idea of well run.

I'm a vet and the VA works really well, actually. The few problems it does have would be taken care of with sufficient funding, but since conservative politicians have historically under-funded the VA and then claimed that it doesn't work well (because they under-funded it) it hasn't gotten the money it needed. Clinton helped improve the VA, and now with Obama the VA is getting more money. The Denver VA is, in fact, moving to a new building that it is under construction currently. The VA in Grand Junction is just as nice as any hospital that I've ever been to, and nicer than many.

The DMV, well, that's state run. And something SHOULD be done about it. Not only do they fuck up, but they're inefficient. But, like I said, that is something the states deal with.

Education is also state run, but it receives extra funding from the FED and has to follow certain guidelines to receive Federal funding. Public schools, except in wealthy counties, typically need more money and since they don't receive money because the public is unwilling to pay more taxes...well, you can see there is a flaw in that system. Complaining about public schools and then not wanting to fund them seems kinda stupid to me.

Healthcare
It's not a liberal thing ...

... it's an idiots dream.

Microsoft
Windoze is obsolete ...

... even Mac is going Linux.

Privacy
No such thing.

Liberals
The neoliberals ... like neocons ... are not truly liberals.

So now that liberal isn't a dirty word but Conservative is, you think you can coin the term neo liberal?

Um ... no, simple answer, anyone from either the conservative or liberal "groups" that want more government control are neos and are the true anti-Americans, period.

Some things need more regulating and some need less. Are things really that black and white in your world?

Oil companies and insurance companies need more regulations, corporations that pollute need more regulations too.

Not just more regulations across the board, but the proper regulations. If there are BS regulations that are not helping and only hurting, please tell us what those are.

And think of government as the referees. Of course the Yankees (rich) would love for there not to be any referees, but the Tigers (middle class and poor) need refs and rules or else things won't be fair. In completely free markets, anything goes. That doesn't exist, nor should it.

And things will never be completely even, because the Yankees have more money, and always will. And, the Yankees can buy off some of the referees too.

Vegans don't eat cheese.

the difference.....one is more extreme than the other.....kinda like you and your girl friend Pelosi.....

Every other Western democracy has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because they don't have to pay liability lawyers, insurance company overhead, and Big Pharma. A single payer system is more efficient.

:blahblah:.....same old shit.... and :gives:.....

I've worked in an HMO and I know first hand that the HIPPAA laws get violated everyday, so much so that it has become common practice and quality controllers are so desensitized they don't even notice it.
Then answer isn't to make healthcare another state run organization...the answer to ask the already current standing HMO's to help curb the uninsured populations with programs and creating a state medical system that is effective in not only seeing patients but providing quality healthcare. I've heard a lot of people talk about this could potentially make insurance premiums go up and thats simply not the case...that can and should be mandated by the state. Kaiser Permanente and others like it, have millions upon millions in cash reserves that literally just sit there...thats money that could be used and inserted back into the economy through health care initiatives and programs.

What is being mandated??

I don't like mandates!

Do you have a car? Do you have insurance for your car? If not, you're breaking the law, because IT IS MANDATED.
only in states that require ins......

Tell me which country the single payer system is successful Mr. Gibbs ? .......:eusa_whistle:

The "success" or not of universal care in other countries is in the eye of the one needing health care. There is not, however, a single country that provides it where the population in general would get rid of it. Which says volumes.

that might be Maggie because they dont know anything else....just like here we dont know what it would be like with UHC....fear mongers are alive in both places....

Not just more regulations across the board, but the proper regulations. If there are BS regulations that are not helping and only hurting, please tell us what those are.

Bobo you know dam well no matter who is in power,BS regulations are the heart and soul of regulations......just think if your boss said "hey new regulation,no posting that is not work related".....there would go your social life....

Because if my body is broken or sick, I'd like to be able to have it fixed before it gets worse. It's a no-brainer.

Haven't been to a country with government run health care have ya? Or studied basic econ. If you think there will shorter waits for a product that costs less you're in for a surprise.

Last edited:
as opposed to being handled by someone at an insurance company whose job it is to make sure they let you die before they pay for your treatment if you become too costly?

if we can pick one or the other ---fine. its like pro choice

I think that's going to be the end result of all this. A choice to keep your private coverage and an affordable government run product available as well.
That is President Obama's plan, to give you a choice of what you have or a public plan. He's made that very clear. Those opposed to choice pretend he didn't say that.

Those records are already on your insurance company's computers.
I want my record available if I collapse and can't tell anyone the meds I take or my medical condition. It's secure and I could die if they give me a med that conflicts with what I'm taking.

Well, there are MANY Democrats that are upset with Obama's health care reform proposals because IT IS NOT UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, and it is still done through the private sector, for profit, middle man...the insurance companies...

Obama's health care proposal is not a government run universal health plan, NOT EVEN CLOSE, so why people keep acting like it is, is utterly ridiculous to me...

Well, there are MANY Democrats that are upset with Obama's health care reform proposals because IT IS NOT UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, and it is still done through the private sector, for profit, middle man...the insurance companies...

Obama's health care proposal is not a government run universal health plan, NOT EVEN CLOSE, so why people keep acting like it is, is utterly ridiculous to me...

talk to Bobo and Chrissy....well Bobo anyway Chris will just say the same shit he has said since someone told him about it....

if we can pick one or the other ---fine. its like pro choice

I think that's going to be the end result of all this. A choice to keep your private coverage and an affordable government run product available as well.
That is President Obama's plan, to give you a choice of what you have or a public plan. He's made that very clear. Those opposed to choice pretend he didn't say that.

no you are wrong,as usual,....those opposed are saying that because the govt is offering ins.that sooner or later the companies that offer the private plans will drop the plans,feeling why should we spend money on this if a system is out there that they can opt into,and the more Companies that do so,the less choice you will have.....Got IT....

no you are wrong,as usual,....those opposed are saying that because the govt is offering ins.that sooner or later the companies that offer the private plans will drop the plans,feeling why should we spend money on this if a system is out there that they can opt into,and the more Companies that do so,the less choice you will have.....Got IT....
But Harry....
The companies that are providing health care as a benefit now are dropping these benefits as we speak because they are too costly for the companies to carry and still be profitable. About a million policies each year so far, being dropped...and as health care becomes more expensive even more businesses are dropping this benefit or reducing the health care coverage to a minimum, and charging the employee more and more for it, in order to afford it....

I think there is going to be a problem with such, one way or the other...there is already a problem NOW with this happening, as said....thus the need for some kind of reform.

care

Forum List

Back