Liberals, riddle me this on healthcare proposal?

I would recommend that you stop listening to fearmongers, because you are starting to sound like Terral.

The above will not, nor will it ever, happen.

The stimulus bill does proved significant funding for EMR (electronic medical record) incentives.

The two bills, “HR1” and “S1,” continue to barrel down the legislative track and continue being amended, but as currently written they create real incentives for adopting certified electronic health records – upwards of $40,000 per physician starting in 2011.

The legislation emphasizes rewarding designs that improve care and create a path for certification of records with added functions, such as decision support, order entry, connections to other systems and reporting on quality measures. The bill focuses on implementation by tying the physician bonuses to proven, effective use. The stimulus package also formalizes the Office of the National Coordinator for Health information Technology (ONC).

The Health Care Blog: Stimulus bill offers docs big incentives for technology, but demands effective use

All of what you speak is definitely true. The eventual goal will be that every medical provider will have electronic medical records, with the ideal situation be that one's entire medical record can be saved as a zipped or compressed file, and then transferred to another physician, and that both EMRs would be able to read the medical record.

It would be impossible, impractical, exorbitantly expensive, and would serve absolutely no purpose for every American's electronic medical record be stored in a central location. Patient's medical records will remain electronically stored in their doctor's office and will only be accessible by their physician and others to whom the patient gives access.

What if i wanna go to a dermatologist and rather he didnt have access to other parts of my anatomy ?

The stimulus bill does proved significant funding for EMR (electronic medical record) incentives.

The Health Care Blog: Stimulus bill offers docs big incentives for technology, but demands effective use

All of what you speak is definitely true. The eventual goal will be that every medical provider will have electronic medical records, with the ideal situation be that one's entire medical record can be saved as a zipped or compressed file, and then transferred to another physician, and that both EMRs would be able to read the medical record.

It would be impossible, impractical, exorbitantly expensive, and would serve absolutely no purpose for every American's electronic medical record be stored in a central location. Patient's medical records will remain electronically stored in their doctor's office and will only be accessible by their physician and others to whom the patient gives access.

What if i wanna go to a dermatologist and rather he didnt have access to other parts of my anatomy ?

huh?

huh?

Why should a doctor have access to all my medical records?

huh?

will they be allowed, without your permission? I thought this was an easier, universal means to get to them, but did not know it would be done without us signing a release to such, as it is now? does it say that somewhere?

care

will they be allowed, without your permission? I thought this was an easier, universal means to get to them, but did not know it would be done without us signing a release to such, as it is now? does it say that somewhere?

care

Well Im'sure I have to sign a release-----hopefully it can be a restricted one but the government manageging them ??? no thanks

care

Well Im'sure I have to sign a release-----hopefully it can be a restricted one but the government manageging them ??? no thanks

i agree, AND the government WON'T be managing them....just fear mongering and looks like you bought it.;)

So, riddle me this lib's, WHY on God's green earth are you SO WILLING to give up control of YOUR ENTIRE BODY to faceless bureaucracy in Washington?

Nonsense.

That's not at all what that proposed system does.

It no more gives the goverment control of your body, than your private insure is given "total control" oover you body.

Seriously, get a grip.

I'm not at all a supporter of the current proposal, but your hysterical description of it is silly to the extreme

care

The releases will have to be HIPPA compliant just like they are now.

care

Rgiht---and handled by the government---oh goody

as opposed to being handled by someone at an insurance company whose job it is to make sure they let you die before they pay for your treatment if you become too costly?

care

Exactly, Jillian. HIPPA was the prelude to EMR for a reason. It's supposed to streamline everything for efficiency and improve overall care. The upfront cost is a short term loss for a long term gain. Editech is right in that ultimately it's really no different than Medicare or any other insurer knowing your info.

Exactly, Jillian. HIPPA was the prelude to EMR for a reason. It's supposed to streamline everything for efficiency and improve overall care. The upfront cost is a short term loss for a long term gain. Editech is right in that ultimately it's really no different than Medicare or any other insurer knowing your info.

what if I dont want insurance ?

as opposed to being handled by someone at an insurance company whose job it is to make sure they let you die before they pay for your treatment if you become too costly?

if we can pick one or the other ---fine. its like pro choice

I think that's going to be the end result of all this. A choice to keep your private coverage and an affordable government run product available as well.

if we can pick one or the other ---fine. its like pro choice

I think that's going to be the end result of all this. A choice to keep your private coverage and an affordable government run product available as well.

if it doesn't cost me--fine----somehow I dont think that;s gonan happen

Exactly. And no insurance company is covering you without knowing your entire health profile anyway since they won't cover pre-existing conditions. That might actually change under a new construct and that's all to the good.

But aren't you liable to wind up needing care eventually? It happens to ALL of us, naturally we need medical care, right?

Why should society absorb the liability for your choice when they have to care for you at the ER and so forth anyway?

But aren't you liable to wind up needing care eventually? It happens to ALL of us, naturally we need medical care, right?

Why should society absorb the liability for your choice when they have to care for you at the ER and so forth anyway?

and if I don't---?

and if I don't---?

You want to get your money back? :lol: Seriously, it's a very difficult issue because then you are talking about giving people the incentive to not care for themselves. It's not like they could say, okay you can opt out, but if you're sick don't come crying to me!

Tax incentives for medical savings accounts are a good way of insuring yourself so to speak. Probably there should be a minimum indemnity or catastrophic coverage requirement and then a choice of further types of coverage.

If you're sick or injured you will be cared for regardless, right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back