Liberals, riddle me this on healthcare proposal?

Hell, when the insurance companies got hold of my medical records, they no longer wanted me as a client. So no, I'm really not that concerned. Am I concerned about rationing? Of course I am. I've already felt the blunt of rationing with this great private system we have.

So you are OK with it getting worse? Gov run anything....The VA, DMV, Education. They are not my idea of well run.

The public healthcare option is a De Facto single payer system. It is designed to push private insurance over the cliff. All the usual lib suspects are on record as having said as much.

WHY would it push the private sector insurance over the cliff. BECAUSE it would be CHEAPER and more people would drop their private insurance and go with the cheaper plan?

Because the employers would just drop the private insurance as a benefit for their employees because the employees could afford to buy a public or coop plan on their own? which is happening as we speak only without a coop plan or public plan option available to them??

If the government can't do anything right, as many on the republican side say alot, then how in the world will the Public plan be cheaper than the, BETTER, private sector for any of these doomsday scenarios that you voiced, to happen?

care

Can you post anymore rightwing alarmist propaganda? Have you read the actual proposals working their ways through congressional committees? Because if you had, you'd see that there isn't an invasion of privacy anymore than your hospital invades your privacy, and that the government doesn't do anything medical and only sets up the system of finances for those who aren't insured. Give me a break! All this is Lumbaugh-barf that's been swallowed and then re-thrown back up.

As opposed to the lefts alarmist tactics ?

OMGWEREINANECONOMICCRISIS..........we get that piece of dung stimulus bill

OMGWEREINANENVIRONMENTALCRISIS...........we get a bigger piece of dung cap and trade bill

OMGWEHAVEAHEALTHCARECRISIS .........we'll get another piece of dung guvment "healthcare" bill ......

But hey, let's spend all our time demonizing Limbaugh ....... :rolleyes:

Liberals historically have always held themselves up as the 'defender' of privacy.

After 9-11 lib's screamed bloody murder that the Patriot Act was an 'invasion' of privacy. True libs don't even want to intercept calls originating from known terrorist countries! Nope, invasion of privacy they say.

They say it's a woman's right to control her OWN body. Roe v Wade

They are staunch defenders of the HIPAA legislation protecting one's private medical information.

We could go on and on and on....... I'm sure someone else will add more.

So, riddle me this lib's, WHY on God's green earth are you SO WILLING to give up control of YOUR ENTIRE BODY to faceless bureaucracy in Washington?

Talk about an invasion of privacy! This is the ULTIMATE invasion of privacy. Any behavior "THEY THINK" is risky and costly to the 'system' will be penalized in one way or another. Want to do a little hiking in the wilderness, nope to dangerous! Want to go snowboarding, nope to dangerous. If you a vegan, want to have a big ole plate of french fires smothered in cheese. Nope, bad for your heart and on and on and on................................................ ................................................

One of the plans 'cost savings' measures is to digitize and centrally locate ALL medical records. You've seen the IBM commercials. Great, let's have your entire health history in a database the government has control over! Probably would use MS Windows as the OS. HA, that's a secure platform.

WHY, WHY, WHY are you willing to do this?? How much of your body are you willing to 'give up' to the government? Your body and your mind are pretty much the LAST autonomous space you STILL control!!

Blind sheep being led to the slaughter.

Every other Western democracy has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because they don't have to pay liability lawyers, insurance company overhead, and Big Pharma. A single payer system is more efficient.

Liberals historically have always held themselves up as the 'defender' of privacy.

After 9-11 lib's screamed bloody murder that the Patriot Act was an 'invasion' of privacy. True libs don't even want to intercept calls originating from known terrorist countries! Nope, invasion of privacy they say.

They are staunch defenders of the HIPAA legislation protecting one's private medical information.

So, riddle me this lib's, WHY on God's green earth are you SO WILLING to give up control of YOUR ENTIRE BODY to faceless bureaucracy in Washington?

Talk about an invasion of privacy! This is the ULTIMATE invasion of privacy. Any behavior "THEY THINK" is risky and costly to the 'system' will be penalized in one way or another. Want to do a little hiking in the wilderness, nope to dangerous! Want to go snowboarding, nope to dangerous. If you a vegan, want to have a big ole plate of french fires smothered in cheese. Nope, bad for your heart and on and on and on................................................ ................................................

One of the plans 'cost savings' measures is to digitize and centrally locate ALL medical records. You've seen the IBM commercials. Great, let's have your entire health history in a database the government has control over! Probably would use MS Windows as the OS. HA, that's a secure platform.

WHY, WHY, WHY are you willing to do this?? How much of your body are you willing to 'give up' to the government? Your body and your mind are pretty much the LAST autonomous space you STILL control!!

Every other Western democracy has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because they don't have to pay liability lawyers, insurance company overhead, and Big Pharma. A single payer system is more efficient.

Tell me which country the single payer system is successful Mr. Gibbs ? .......:eusa_whistle:

Tell me which country the single payer system is successful Mr. Gibbs ? .......:eusa_whistle:

Almost all of them.

Are you really this dumb?

Almost all of them.

Are you really this dumb?

So who is the idiot then ?

A) Obama
B) Gibbs
C) You
D) All of the above

rhetorical numbnuts .........

I judge whether something is true or not based on how well Gibbs answers questions about it too.

I judge whether something is true or not based on how well Gibbs answers questions about it too.

Are you saying Gibbs is a moron ? .....

One of the plans 'cost savings' measures is to digitize and centrally locate ALL medical records.

I would recommend that you stop listening to fearmongers, because you are starting to sound like Terral.

The above will not, nor will it ever, happen.

One of the plans 'cost savings' measures is to digitize and centrally locate ALL medical records.

I would recommend that you stop listening to fearmongers, because you are starting to sound like Terral.

The stimulus bill does proved significant funding for EMR (electronic medical record) incentives.

The two bills, “HR1” and “S1,” continue to barrel down the legislative track and continue being amended, but as currently written they create real incentives for adopting certified electronic health records – upwards of $40,000 per physician starting in 2011.

The legislation emphasizes rewarding designs that improve care and create a path for certification of records with added functions, such as decision support, order entry, connections to other systems and reporting on quality measures. The bill focuses on implementation by tying the physician bonuses to proven, effective use. The stimulus package also formalizes the Office of the National Coordinator for Health information Technology (ONC).

The Health Care Blog: Stimulus bill offers docs big incentives for technology, but demands effective use

The stimulus bill does proved significant funding for EMR (electronic medical record) incentives.

The two bills, “HR1” and “S1,” continue to barrel down the legislative track and continue being amended, but as currently written they create real incentives for adopting certified electronic health records – upwards of $40,000 per physician starting in 2011.

The legislation emphasizes rewarding designs that improve care and create a path for certification of records with added functions, such as decision support, order entry, connections to other systems and reporting on quality measures. The bill focuses on implementation by tying the physician bonuses to proven, effective use. The stimulus package also formalizes the Office of the National Coordinator for Health information Technology (ONC).

The Health Care Blog: Stimulus bill offers docs big incentives for technology, but demands effective use

All of what you speak is definitely true. The eventual goal will be that every medical provider will have electronic medical records, with the ideal situation be that one's entire medical record can be saved as a zipped or compressed file, and then transferred to another physician, and that both EMRs would be able to read the medical record.

It would be impossible, impractical, exorbitantly expensive, and would serve absolutely no purpose for every American's electronic medical record be stored in a central location. Patient's medical records will remain electronically stored in their doctor's office and will only be accessible by their physician and others to whom the patient gives access.

The question is to republicans and several Libertarians and Democrats as well:

Are you saying that you accept Obama's method of reforming health care using the private sector with Insurance companies and that you are primarily against the part of obama's plan to have a public option available?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back