Liberals love free speech

Progressives do not believe in free speech if it comes from someone they disagree with

Liar
Why do you say such very stupid things? Liberty - Liberalism - free speech. It's core to the philosophy of your betters.
I have explained to you and Pogo, you guys are full of shit. Todays liberals are NOT the Founders type of liberalism. Statists and conformists. That's it
Your made-up version of the word liberal is entirely wrong. You are calling people who are illiberal liberals so, knock it off. Stop calling progressives, fascists, communists, greens, radicals, Democrats, etc. liberals. They might be somewhat liberal but they are not liberals.

liberal
play
adjective lib·er·al \ˈli-b(ə-)rəl\
Popularity: Top 1% of lookups
Simple Definition of liberal
  • : believing that government should be active in supporting social and political change : relating to or supporting political liberalism

• Liberal : of or belonging to the liberal political party in countries like Canada and the United Kingdom

• : not opposed to new ideas or ways of behaving that are not traditional or widely accepted
  • Definition of LIBERAL

If a far right professor was telling students to vote republican because democrats were thugs, would you still consider it 'free speech'?

Sure. Why would it not be?

If your child was in that class, would you raise an up roar.

Maybe, maybe not. But what's that got to do with whether it's free speech or not?

And where do you get the idea that college students are some kind of robot on which whatever you imprint is permanent, i.e. that they're incapable of critical thinking or ever challenging an assertion with a simple "that's bullshit".

If people work like that ----- how does this message board exist?

Think about it.

Liar
Why do you say such very stupid things? Liberty - Liberalism - free speech. It's core to the philosophy of your betters.
I have explained to you and Pogo, you guys are full of shit. Todays liberals are NOT the Founders type of liberalism. Statists and conformists. That's it

The fact that you can't identify what a Liberal is, that's not our doing. It's your own failure.

We've been down this road before. Y'all dictionary revisionists always lose. There is no such thing as a term that means the opposite of itself. Can't be done. Period.
So if I call myself a muslim, that's what I am? Despite what the term ACTUALLY is?
I think a word that sums up your whole argument is "ignorance"
Statists and conformists are not really liberal. Stop being an idiot.

Liar
Your made-up version of the word liberal is entirely wrong. You are calling people who are illiberal liberals so, knock it off.
My mad eup version of the word? People that support limited government and individual freedom? That's what liberal ACTUALLY is. Your post-Marxist bullshit is just that. Bullshit.

Progressives do not believe in free speech if it comes from someone they disagree with
A progressive is not a liberal. They might be liberal in certain things but they are not liberals. Liberals value free speech, as free as it can be.

A progressive is not a liberal. They might be liberal in certain things but they are not liberals. Liberals value free speech, as free as it can be.
Liberals believe in those things only if they can control others

Liar
Your made-up version of the word liberal is entirely wrong. You are calling people who are illiberal liberals so, knock it off.
My mad eup version of the word? People that support limited government and individual freedom? That's what liberal ACTUALLY is. Your post-Marxist bullshit is just that. Bullshit.

What "post-Marxist bullshit" is this then? Link?

I just told you --- a term cannot mean its own opposite. Doublethink is a device used in a novel .... you can't actually DO it.

Liar

The fact that you can't identify what a Liberal is, that's not our doing. It's your own failure.

We've been down this road before. Y'all dictionary revisionists always lose. There is no such thing as a term that means the opposite of itself. Can't be done. Period.
So if I call myself a muslim, that's what I am? Despite what the term ACTUALLY is?

I have never maintained, here or anywhere else, that "statists and conformists" have anything to do with "Liberal".

Perhaps YOU did, but as I just said --- that ain't MY problem. It's YOURS.

Get it yet?

Liar
I support individual freedoms, liberty, rights, limitations on government power, things which allow for the balance of the rights of one not to infringe upon the rights of another. I am a liberal. When you find someone who says such things then you have a liberal. Anyone looking for total government control or a "safe space" is not a liberal.

Just knock off your fucking stupid habit of calling people who aren't liberals liberals.

Liar

I just told you --- a term cannot mean its own opposite. Doublethink is a device used in a novel .... you can't actually DO it.
:spinner:

Liberals believe in those things only if they can control others
That is total nonsense. It's so stupid why do you even bother saying it? Don't repeat dogma.

We gave you free speech and we defend it. We are the only ones who do.

Liar

I have never maintained, here or anywhere else, that "statists and conformists" have anything to do with "Liberal".

Perhaps YOU did, but as I just said --- that ain't MY problem. It's YOURS.

Get it yet?
My claim was that todays self branded liberals are not liberals AT ALL.
Todays liberals overwhelmingly support conformism and statism. THAT isn't a goddamn liberal. Liberal got raped just like racist and bigot.

:spinner:

Here's the bottom line Hunior ----

Y'all McCarthyites and Jonah Goldbergs and sloppythink pundits who want to turn a respectable term into its own opposite as some kind of demonization tactic, are simply not getting away with it.

We're taking it back. Cleaning up your mess, as it were.

Liar
I support individual freedoms, liberty, rights, limitations on government power, things which allow for the balance of the rights of one not to infringe upon the rights of another. I am a liberal. When you find someone who says such things then you have a liberal. Anyone looking for total government control or a "safe space" is not a liberal.

Just knock off your fucking stupid habit of calling people who aren't liberals liberals.
I try not to call anyone a liberal. Because 99% of the time, they are not one.
If you believe in that stuff, maybe you should be preaching to statists that are raping the meaning of your belief.

Liar

Its true, most of the Democrat establishment is NOT Liberal, their control freaks

Forum List

Back