Liberals for wealth redistribution

The costs are out of control because there's too much interference with normal market forces, not too little.

Nonetheless, just because something is expensive is as flimsy a reason as there is for creating a gargantuan federal Rube Goldberg, in order to try and make it "free".

Dude?

Dishing out misinformation again? I thought you were over that

Where in the Healthcare Bill does it say anything about "free" ?

If you don't think totally federalized and socialized "free" medical services isn't the end game, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I wish it was, but it's not.

Every other industrialized nation has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Congress has turned healthcare over to the greedheads, and they are ripping us off.

That's why I don't have health insurance. I won't pay someone to lobby Congress to deny me coverage.

If you don't think totally federalized and socialized "free" medical services isn't the end game, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I am sure many want that as their "end game".
However, this bill is the furtherest from that as night and day,black and white.
This bill mandates PRIVATE INSURANCE, more of the same old same old.
I know there are many that want what you claim but please point to ANY evidence in this bill that proves that.

Fantasy bills don't count Dude

"Yea...but they WANT it to be free...thats the same thing"

However, this bill is the furtherest from that as night and day,black and white.
I know there are many that want what you claim but please point to ANY evidence in this bill that proves that.
The idea is to make private insurance so prohibitively expensive that it drives everyone to Big Daddy Big Gubmint for their coverage....From that point, a takeover of the entire industry is only inevitable, under the phony rubric of "See?...The market just doesn't work."

Wanna buy a bridge?

Read carefully. If you're too poor to afford insurance, you don't have to buy and you won't be penalized. You can still get the free coverage by showing up at the ER with your head cold and never paying the bill, though.

Those with money, however, either HAVE to buy insurance or pay a penalty. We also still have to pay higher premiums to over the people that can't pay.

Simple solution? Stop providing free health care, or make it free for everyone.

rddean
Member #20394

"No one is better at getting Republicans to vote against their own self interests. We are paying the least amount of taxes in 50 years, and Republicans are screaming they are being over taxed. It's pathetic. They're pathetic."

No what's pathetic is that I have any money left from my pay check.How dare I take money home to spend on my needs.All my money should go to the state because who knows better then the state how to spend my money.I love these Libs who bitch about companies making money....I can't remember the last time I got a job from a poor man.Oh wait a second I can....Never.

Last edited:

Read carefully. If you're too poor to afford insurance, you don't have to buy and you won't be penalized. You can still get the free coverage by showing up at the ER with your head cold and never paying the bill, though.

Those with money, however, either HAVE to buy insurance or pay a penalty. We also still have to pay higher premiums to over the people that can't pay.

Simple solution? Stop providing free health care, or make it free for everyone.

Oh......I get it now

They can get the same as they always did

rddean
Member #20394

"No one is better at getting Republicans to vote against their own self interests. We are paying the least amount of taxes in 50 years, and Republicans are screaming they are being over taxed. It's pathetic. They're pathetic."

No what's pathetic is that I have any money left from my pay check.How dare I take money home to spend on my needs.All my money should go to the state because who knows better then the state how to spend my money.I love these Libs who bitch about companies making money....I can't remember the last time I got a job from a poor man.Oh wait a second I can....Never.

Never got a job from a poor man? When was the last time a rich man provided labor for you? It goes both ways my friend. The worker provides a service for which the owner makes money. The problem is that the wealthy owners are making more money and poor people like you have less to show in their paycheck

The reason you get so much taken out is because the wealthy have to pay significantly less

The idea is to make private insurance so prohibitively expensive that it drives everyone to Big Daddy Big Gubmint for their coverage....From that point, a takeover of the entire industry is only inevitable, under the phony rubric of "See?...The market just doesn't work."

Wanna buy a bridge?

well that's one h*llova conspiracy theory you have there Dude, especially given that the HC bill was infiltrated, lobbyied, and so utterly OWNED by big insurance bent on having their piece of American pie stay in their back pocket(s) here

otoh, the growing spectre of socilaism here is predicated on capitalism being let to run amock, as such your concern should not be discounted

~S~

So, insurance companies are doing the grabbing while the grabbing is good....What else is new?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE]YouTube - Obama on single payer health insurance[/ame]

Do you think that Barry Obolshevik would've signed the bill if it moved America away from what he openly proclaimed that he wanted?

Lets see, the Government we have almost no input in, since we at most control 1 person in a 435 seat House and 2 people in a 100 seat Senate, OR a company I CHOSE to pay, one that DEPENDS on customer payments to stay in business. Hum that IS a tough choice indeed.

Perhaps you've revealed it somewhere in this thread, but I'm curious: who, "RetiredGySgt," is your payer? Medicare, the VHA, a private payer?

As Rand often admonished: Check your premise.

Who says he doesn't pay out of pocket?

A "Retired" Gunny?

We know where he gets his insurance...and it ain't out of pocket

So what?

Does it automatically follow that someone who was a lifer will automatically go stand in line for mediocre service (a prominent feature of military life), rather than whip out the wallet to get treatment on demand?

Wrong on every level.

Patient satisfaction with VA medical care is among the highest in the nation.

And I have never known a single miltary family that doesn't use the VA.

Forum List

Back