Liberals for wealth redistribution

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RetiredGySgt, Jul 13, 2010.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,941
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,920
    Wealth Redistribution already happened.

In the 50s and 60s, a CEO made 30 times the pay of the average worker. Now, they make 300 to 400 times more. And what are they doing? Where are the jobs.

Then Bush and the Republicans passed a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut that had ZERO offset in spending. 52% of the 2.4 trillion went to the top 1% of Americans. How did it help the economy? More wealth redistribution.

Warren Buffet didn't even try for any tax breaks:

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent.

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

More Redistribution of wealth.

Since Ronald Reagan, Republicans have worked tirelessly to create the most massive redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the very rich. It's not like they have tried to hide it. In fact, with Joe Barton apology, it's apparent that Republicans feel the rich are entitled to a free pass, even when they cause the disaster.

No one is better at getting Republicans to vote against their own self interests. We are paying the least amount of taxes in 50 years, and Republicans are screaming they are being over taxed. It's pathetic. They're pathetic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  3. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Warren Buffett only pays his secretary $60,000 a year? What a dick.

4. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Don't get me wrong. As an accountant, knowing the tax rates many people pay infuriates me. But knowing what the Democrats want to do with the tax dollars, I'd rather the rich people hold on to them. Until we are SPENDING our tax dollars appropriately, I don't support taking in more.

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,920
    She's a secretary. What should he pay her? Rich people aren't obligated to pay the people that work for them "extra". In fact, I suspect Republicans squeeze the people that work for them the way they do the middle class.

Wanna bet she gets full dental, vision and health care?

6. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    The wealthy should pay their share. The tax burden on the wealthy is much less than that of the middle class. And that is just about as liberal as I get.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    This is the richest man in the world, and he can't pay his secretary accordingly. Yet, you like what he says because it jives with your fucked views. That's not a surprise.

And the reason Buffett didn't have to "try" for tax breaks is because most of his income was from dividends, which are already taxed at a lower rate. He didn't try, because his income was already structured to reduce tax from the beginning. Don't let his words fool you. Of course, it's clear words are enough to fool you. You supported Obama.

8. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    I agree. But until spending is under control, I don't care what the wealthy do with their money. I don't support redistribution of wealth, and that's what this administration has in mind. If they want to tax ALL Americans to pay off the debt, I'm all for it. But taxing the rich to give handouts to those unwilling to work? No thanks.

9. R.C. Christian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    Jon, I don't live but 22 miles from you and there is no way in hell an a stupid adminitrative assistant should make that kind of change.

10. R.C. Christian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    Missed your last post. Paying off the national debt is impossible. It shouldn't even be worthy of discussion.