Liberals & Education & Prisons ...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I find this kinda difficult to believe but here it is anyway...liberals own the California state legislature and have for far to many years...

11251282_10152851413171623_6542383569735852155_n.jpg

I find this kinda difficult to believe but here it is anyway...liberals own the California state legislature and have for far to many years...]

And had a republican governor.

Correlation is not causation.

There are a lot more prisons than schools all over our country. Focusing on California is pointless and silly.

I find this kinda difficult to believe but here it is anyway...liberals own the California state legislature and have for far to many years...]

There are a lot more prisons than schools all over our country. Focusing on California is pointless and silly.

I've missed you jillian...I can certainly understand why you're flummoxed. Perhaps we could explore other states where the Democratic Party controls education and governance as well.

Last edited:

I've missed you jillian...I can certainly understand why you're flummoxed. Perhaps we could explore other states where the Democratic Party controls the governance as well.

Or cities. How about Baltimore?

I've missed you jillian...I can certainly understand why you're flummoxed. Perhaps we could explore other states where the Democratic Party controls the governance as well.

Yes indeed, a prime example of Democratic Party control and success...:beer:

how about texas?

:cuckoo:

I've missed you jillian...I can certainly understand why you're flummoxed. Perhaps we could explore other states where the Democratic Party controls education and governance as well.

i'm not flummoxed. you're doing the usual winger spin thing.

you mean like new york city?

seems to do pretty well.

or we could talk about the fact that uniformly the least educated states in the country are red states. they also have the highest poverty levels.

how 'bout we talk about that?

how about texas?

:cuckoo:

Before or after Obama opened the border?

seems to do pretty well.

or we could talk about the fact that uniformly the least educated states in the country are red states. they also have the highest poverty levels.

New York City is a national embarrassment now. Too many educated idiots from my perspective.

Have they completed re-building the Twin Towers area yet and how much corruption has been involved? New York City sure showed those terrorist the countries resolve and resilience didn't they?

Democrats control most of the inner cities with poverty problems and the problems have only gotten worse over the years.

Last edited:
guess NY didn't need to build more universities because they already had plenty...

aren't liberals the ones seeking decriminalization of minor drug offenses which incarcerate way too many people?

Although the overall U.S. prison population declined slightly in 2011, the federal prison population continued to rise, with rates of drug and immigration offenders that eclipse those held for violent crimes.

While only 8 percent of federal prisoners were sentenced for violent crimes in 2011, almost half of federal inmates – 48 percent – were in prison for drug crimes, according to Department of Justice statistics. Another 11 percent were held for immigration offenses – one of the largest-growing segments of the prison population.

These numbers reflect the impact of the aggressive U.S. “War on Drugs,” a major contributor to the United States’ standing as the number one jailer in the world. Overall declines in U.S. prisons of 0.9 percent are attributable to state prisons, as some states have been moved by budget crises to adopt innovative reforms, and some jurisdictions have moved toward decriminalizing minor drug offenses.

Almost Half Of Federal Prisoners Held For Drug Crimes ThinkProgress

Last edited:
guess NY didn't need to build more universities because they already had plenty...

aren't liberals the ones seeking decriminalization of minor drug offenses which incarcerate way too many people?

Yup, I think you are correct.

I expect the Democratic Party campaign motto to be "thanks to us, your children are stoned" in the next election.

Last edited:

seems to do pretty well.

New York City is a national embarrassment now. Too many educated idiots from my perspective.

Have they completed re-building the Twin Towers area yet and how much corruption has been involved? New York City sure showed those terrorist the countries resolve and resilience didn't they?

Democrats control most of the inner cities with poverty problems and the problems have only gotten worse over the years.

No. NYC is not.

Again the least educated and poorest places in the country are red states.

seems to do pretty well.

No. NYC is not.

Again the least educated and poorest places in the country are red states.

pssst. yes it is, hell, even New Yorkers hate New Yorkers imagine how the rest of the country feels about them.

If you'd like I could quite easily give you a list of why America believes New York City is a huge embarrassment to the country. We could start with that N.Y. Mayor having his tongue stuck up Sharpton's butt hole and his obvious hate for New York's finest.

btw. a successful life isn't judged by money or income in my humble opinion and anyone working to get by in life deserves respect no matter how the upper crust belittles their labors.

Last edited:
Recently, though, California has made serious efforts to reduce its prison population, partially in response to being ordered by federal judges to lessen prison overcrowding after complaints from many inmates about the conditions of prisons. Today, its prison population of 689 people per 100,000 is below the national average. California lowered its prison population by 23 percent between 2006 and 2012, compared to an average nationwide decrease of 1 percent in that time.

One way it did this was by reforming its “three-strikes law,” which consisted of mandating a 25 years-to-life prison sentence for anyone who received three felonies in their lifetime. In 2012, an initiative changed the law so those with three non-violent or non-serious felonies do not automatically serve the minimum they previously would have under the old law. Essentially, if you get caught three times stealing expensive appliances from Sur La Table, you don't end up in prison for the rest of your life.

California's Proposition 47, which was approved in 2014, has helped the state so far release 2,700 inmates whose crimes were changed from felonies to misdemeanors if they were nonviolent drug offenses or property offenses. One major reason the prison population is getting so high is that politicians trying to be tough on crime end up extending sentences for crimes that don't deserve such long sentences, Nazgol Ghandoosh, a research analyst for a criminal justice reform organization The Sentencing Project, told me.

The 4 Biggest Reasons So Many Americans are Behind Bars - attn

The private prison companies have successfully lobbied for open borders & amnesty attracting more criminals to fill their prisons & pockets with our tax dollars.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back