CDZ Liberals don't understand how diverse the conservative movement is, and they think we're all the sam

bloom_county_limekiller.jpg

Personally, I think non-conservatives don't think all conservatives are the same. I think instead that the problem is that there is currently a maniac leading the conservative movement and that scares people.

Deporting illegals, bring back manufacturing jobs, and NOT fucking with Russia.

You believe that to be madness?

If so, the problem might not be Trump...
You stand by that? Bring back manufacturing jobs? I could just ask the question and let you embarrass yourself, but I won't. Consider this a "teaching moment".

Manufacturing Jobs Are Never Coming Back

Because in recent years, factories have been coming back, but the jobs haven’t. Because of rising wages in China, the need for shorter supply chains and other factors, a small but growing group of companies are shifting production back to the U.S. But the factories they build here are heavily automated, employing a small fraction of the workers they would have a generation ago.

North Carolina Reports on Local Job Loss from Automation | replacing workers with smart machines | Limits to Growth

------------------

Do you understand? Trump is lying. Those jobs aren't coming back. In fact, many never left. They disappeared because they went to automation. In other words, "robots".

Donald Trump knows those jobs aren't coming back. He is counting on the ignorance of his base. You know Trump is lying. I just proved it to you. But I suspect you will still vote for him because you hope I'm lying. But deep down, you know I'm telling the truth. But from now on, remember, every time Trump says he will bring jobs back, he is lying to you.

No shortage of nut jobs on the right.

We have to somehow purge them from the Republican Party.

Agree. Extremists of all sorts are a blight on mainstream politics and political processes. I don't understand why the two major parties allow those "nutjobs" to plague them rather than forcing them out, denying them their infiltrator role, and making them form parties of their own.

Well, that's not entirely so. I do understand one reason why: it's easier to count those folks votes in advance of elections if they are allowed to remain in the party than it would be if they were forced out of it.

Taking over the local party apparatus is extremely easy. It takes about 20 people. The moderates are at home chilling out on their sofa. The elected officials have to parrot the demands of the people running the party. People think the elected congressmen are idiots. That's pretty ridiculous. Elected officials are just doing their job and making speeches based upon the demands of the nutjobs that took over the Republican party. Moderate people put in a moderate amount of effort. Nutjobs have taken over the party in the past. The Tea Party nuts are just more zealous. They want to make sure the government cuts off all funding except for military retirement benefits and social security. They are ok with paying people not to work just as long as the government isn't paying people not to work. :cuckoo:

It's like telling your wife to stop wasting money on getting her nails done while you are buying a new car and a new boat every month. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: They are more accurately called Reagan Conservatives. Spend like crazy on huge crap, criticize insignificant spending and cut taxes drastically. :cuckoo: Apparently Reagan Conservatives are forbidden from using calculators.

I find it downright weird that conservatives are the first to support things like the latest aircraft carrier, at almost $30 billion , and $300 million per copy of F-35's for the Navy, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 265 military bases on foreign soil, while crying about the "democratic party driven deficit"...

Social spending has been more of the budget than military spending for many years, and the gap is constantly increasing.

Personally, I think non-conservatives don't think all conservatives are the same. I think instead that the problem is that there is currently a maniac leading the conservative movement and that scares people.

You stand by that? Bring back manufacturing jobs? I could just ask the question and let you embarrass yourself, but I won't. Consider this a "teaching moment".

Because in recent years, factories have been coming back, but the jobs haven’t. Because of rising wages in China, the need for shorter supply chains and other factors, a small but growing group of companies are shifting production back to the U.S. But the factories they build here are heavily automated, employing a small fraction of the workers they would have a generation ago.

North Carolina Reports on Local Job Loss from Automation | replacing workers with smart machines | Limits to Growth

------------------

Do you understand? Trump is lying. Those jobs aren't coming back. In fact, many never left. They disappeared because they went to automation. In other words, "robots".

Donald Trump knows those jobs aren't coming back. He is counting on the ignorance of his base. You know Trump is lying. I just proved it to you. But I suspect you will still vote for him because you hope I'm lying. But deep down, you know I'm telling the truth. But from now on, remember, every time Trump says he will bring jobs back, he is lying to you.

Germany has twice the rate of manufacturing employment we do.

That disproves your claim that automation means that we cannot have more manufacturing jobs.

Your arrogance is just you being an asshole.

The GOP is 90% white. Once they get rid of that 10%, THEN they will be all the same.

What does that have to do with anything?
The GOP is 90% white. Once they get rid of that 10%, THEN they will be all the same.

Title of the thread:

Liberals don't understand how diverse the conservative movement is, and they think we're all the sam

The GOP is 90% white. Once they get rid of that 10%, THEN they will be all the same.[

It's self evident.

I personally think it is a non-statement. It's like saying. The reason the water is a problem is because it is so wet.

Title of the thread:

Liberals don't understand how diverse the conservative movement is, and they think we're all the sam

The GOP is 90% white. Once they get rid of that 10%, THEN they will be all the same.[

It's self evident.

I personally think it is a non-statement. It's like saying. The reason the water is a problem is because it is so wet.

THe flaw in the above thinking is the assumption that people are defined by their skin color.

People with the same skin color can have VASTLY different ideas.

White skin could mean George Washington, or it could mean Joseph Stalin, or John F Kennedy, or Adolf Hitler or ect ect ect.

On the other hand, you could fill a bus from the libs on this site, who might represent DOZENS OF skin colors and ethnic groups, and religious groups ect ect ect, and all them would have the SAME opinion on nearly everything.

------------------

That disproves your claim that automation means that we cannot have more manufacturing jobs.

Yea, OK. If you say so.

German Manufacturing Data Point to Sluggish Economy

“Today’s figures don't change the general picture of a stagnant German manufacturing sector,” said Commerzbank economist Ralph Solveen in a note after the release. He said that the numbers point to downside risks to the industrial-production figures that are due to be released Monday.

This is why I post links. You might consider doing the same thing. OK, uh, how did you put it? Oh, azzhole.

------------------

Yea, OK. If you say so.

German Manufacturing Data Point to Sluggish Economy

“Today’s figures don't change the general picture of a stagnant German manufacturing sector,” said Commerzbank economist Ralph Solveen in a note after the release. He said that the numbers point to downside risks to the industrial-production figures that are due to be released Monday.

This is why I post links. You might consider doing the same thing. OK, uh, how did you put it? Oh, azzhole.

NOthing in that excerpt challenges my claim that Germany has twice the level of manufacturing employment as US, thus disproving your claim that we cannot have more manufacturing jobs.

Did you really not see that? Are you really that blind?

Title of the thread:

It's self evident.

THe flaw in the above thinking is the assumption that people are defined by their skin color.

White skin could mean George Washington, or it could mean Joseph Stalin, or John F Kennedy, or Adolf Hitler or ect ect ect.

On the other hand, you could fill a bus from the libs on this site, who might represent DOZENS OF skin colors and ethnic groups, and religious groups ect ect ect, and all them would have the SAME opinion on nearly everything.
No they wouldn't. That's ridiculous bordering on sheer stupidity.

It's difficult getting a consensus in the Democratic Party because all the different leaderships have endless negotiation to end up with a united Front. We aren't anything like white wingers.

No shortage of nut jobs on the right.

Agree. Extremists of all sorts are a blight on mainstream politics and political processes. I don't understand why the two major parties allow those "nutjobs" to plague them rather than forcing them out, denying them their infiltrator role, and making them form parties of their own.

Well, that's not entirely so. I do understand one reason why: it's easier to count those folks votes in advance of elections if they are allowed to remain in the party than it would be if they were forced out of it.

Taking over the local party apparatus is extremely easy. It takes about 20 people. The moderates are at home chilling out on their sofa. The elected officials have to parrot the demands of the people running the party. People think the elected congressmen are idiots. That's pretty ridiculous. Elected officials are just doing their job and making speeches based upon the demands of the nutjobs that took over the Republican party. Moderate people put in a moderate amount of effort. Nutjobs have taken over the party in the past. The Tea Party nuts are just more zealous. They want to make sure the government cuts off all funding except for military retirement benefits and social security. They are ok with paying people not to work just as long as the government isn't paying people not to work. :cuckoo:

It's like telling your wife to stop wasting money on getting her nails done while you are buying a new car and a new boat every month. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: They are more accurately called Reagan Conservatives. Spend like crazy on huge crap, criticize insignificant spending and cut taxes drastically. :cuckoo: Apparently Reagan Conservatives are forbidden from using calculators.

I find it downright weird that conservatives are the first to support things like the latest aircraft carrier, at almost $30 billion , and $300 million per copy of F-35's for the Navy, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 265 military bases on foreign soil, while crying about the "democratic party driven deficit"...

Social spending has been more of the budget than military spending for many years, and the gap is constantly increasing.

I sleep better at night because we have f-35's at $300 million each protecting us from muslims who otherwise might back up a pickup truck to the other side of the Rio Grand and fire a stinger missile, left over from the war in Afghanistan, at El Paso.

I sleep better at night because we have f-35's at $300 million each protecting us from muslims who otherwise might back up a pickup truck to the other side of the Rio Grand and fire a stinger missile, left over from the war in Afghanistan, at El Paso.

Yes, those F-35s make me feel so much safer sitting at the bar at the club or in a hotel lounge. All those 1980s era Stinger missiles fanatics are husbanding in Mexico as they joyfully but oh so cautiously await their chance to strike El Paso.

El_Paso_west_side_snow.jpg

1280px-Rio_Grande_EP_Upper_Valley.jpg

Boy, that'll be one heck of strategic target if ever there were one.

Am I suggesting that I want to see El Paso slammed by a or a barrage of missiles? Of course not. I'm just saying would you please focus your concerns on something that a terrorist worth his salt might see as a target worth hitting. There might be something in El Paso worth hitting, but just El Paso, in a general sense as you put it, isn't it.

P.S.
AFAIK, the Joint Strike Fighter force, along with most stealth aircraft, is housed in the U.S., but I don't know of their being combat-deployed in the U.S. Could they be used to fend off threats? Of course, they could. They could use them to hunt rabbits too, but I don't think they do that with them. Is there any reason to actually give them active duty combat posting for action within the U.S. borders Not one that I'm aware of. Accordingly, that they happen to be housed in U.S. hangers doesn't actually make me feel any safer than if they were deployed in Syria or South Korea.

Last edited:

Yes, those F-35s make me feel so much safer sitting at the bar at the club or in a hotel lounge. All those 1980s era Stinger missiles fanatics are husbanding in Mexico as they joyfully but oh so cautiously await their chance to strike El Paso.

Am I suggesting that I want to see El Paso slammed by a or a barrage of missiles? Of course not. I'm just saying would you please focus your concerns on something that a terrorist worth his salt might see as a target worth hitting. There might be something in El Paso worth hitting, but just El Paso, in a general sense as you put it, isn't it.

P.S.
AFAIK, the Joint Strike Fighter force, along with most stealth aircraft, is housed in the U.S., but I don't know of their being combat-deployed in the U.S. Could they be used to fend off threats? Of course, they could. They could use them to hunt rabbits too, but I don't think they do that with them. Is there any reason to actually give them active duty combat posting for action within the U.S. borders Not one that I'm aware of. Accordingly, that they happen to be housed in U.S. hangers doesn't actually make me feel any safer than if they were deployed in Syria or South Korea.

I'm not sure that I know what your point is, but, you have got to hand it to the Pentagon. Due to our $300,000,000 fighter jets, not one single muslim combat aircraft has made it past the Atlantic coast!

P.S.

I'm not sure that I know what your point is, but, you have got to hand it to the Pentagon. Due to our $300,000,000 fighter jets, not one single muslim combat aircraft has made it past the Atlantic coast!

Yes. I've noticed that no "Muslim" fighter jets have made it past the Atlantic coast. Tell me, when were any approaching the Atlantic coast? Oh, wait, there's no country called "Muslim." Maybe that's why none of "Muslim's" fighter jets have crossed the Atlantic coastline?

Title of the thread:

It's self evident.

No they wouldn't. That's ridiculous bordering on sheer stupidity.

It's difficult getting a consensus in the Democratic Party because all the different leaderships have endless negotiation to end up with a united Front. We aren't anything like white wingers.

You are a liar and a racist.

I like the way you just dissed the majority of your party that is still white.

And you wonder why you ALWAYS lose the White Vote and always will.

Nothing in your post addressed anything in my post.

Forgive me. I wasn't aware that I was here to entertain you!

NP...Now you know. Better late than never.

Nice evasive answer.

So, you made a point trying to imply that Republicans are dishonest when they care more about money spent on social spending than military spending.

As you have been unable to respond to that, my point stands and yours does not.

Social spending has been the budget buster, is the budget buster and will increasingly bust the budget from now on.

THat fact is going to bite US all on the ass sooner or later.

And it is going to hurt.

Well, if given a choice between feeding, clothing, and sheltering our own elderly, disabled, and children, or building $300,000,000 per copy aircraft that we don't need, I would choose the former, but I know that upsets the Right, General Dynamics, Boeing, the military, and the Electric Boat Company, so I guess that we will just go on building 3 hundred million dollar aircraft, which, BTW have a life expectancy of about 15 to 20 years, max.

Forum List

Back