Liberals do not understand so much. Deficits and Debt are 2 different animals

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
What’s driving Obama’s unprecedented massive deficits? Spending. Riedl details:
President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
President Bush began a string of expensive finan*cial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
President Bush created a Medicare drug entitle*ment that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new govern*ment health care fund.
President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. Presi*dent Obama would double it.
President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in*creased this spending by 20 percent.
President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.
President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has now been added.
CLARIFICATION: Of course, this Washington Post graphic does not perfectly delineate budget surpluses and deficits by administration. President Bush took office in January 2001, and therefore played a lead role in crafting the FY 2002-2008 budgets. Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for the FY 2009 budget deficit that overlaps their administrations, before President Obama assumes full budgetary responsibility beginning in FY 2010. Overall, President Obama’s budget would add twice as much debt as President Bush over the same number of years.

Up date
BHO did 5 trillion in 4 years
also we were within 162 billion of a balanced budget in 2007

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-YC4AQ&usg=AFQjCNFB1QMunlJI43pI-18qTvT9X1I5rg

2007 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually your average American does not understand the difference between Deficit and Debt, and does not grasp the size of the Numbers we are talking about.

I can't count how many times, during the stimulus debate, I heard some idiot American say with that much money they could just give everyone a million dollars and still have some left over. Never mind they could not have given everyone even a fraction of that amount, the Average person didn't get it, they just thought it was so much money they could.

Another lie the left keeps re telling is that the president does budgets
he can request one
but he cannot crate one
congress does that

Adjusted for inflation, revenues peaked in 2007.

Thanks to the GWB tax policy and <5% UE rates
Great point

As I have stated before
GWB had us at a 50-200 billion dollar deficit as 2007 proved
in general the economy we had-had from the mid 90s

This was caused by no child left behind and medicare D
Both items the Dems in congress supported
Un funded it would probably not got better
But my god it could have been so easily fixed

BHO added 500 billion to that yearly deficit in 2009, so he could blame it on W
This is why we have had no budget sense
Take that with no jobs being created in the private sector, you have a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit

GWB-200 billion
BHO-500 billion
loss revenue with massive job loss not being fixed- 5-700 billion

There you have it

Adjusted for inflation, revenues peaked in 2007.

Thanks to the GWB tax policy and <5% UE rates
Great point

Bush tax policy in its entirety, plus further tax cuts, were in place up until about a month ago.

I agree
That has nothing to do with people borrowing money who could not pay it back from people who had no business loaning it
that wealth bubble (not a housing bubble, it was a wealth bubble that burs-ted) was built to fast
Taxes did nothing to create that in excess and riddle led with fraud

Forum List

Back