Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting “assault rifle” into Alabama hostage st

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting “assault rifle” into Alabama hostage standoff​

Written By: Bob
Feb• 01•13

Jimmy Lee Dykes has no business having firearms. A violent Vietnam vet with PTSD who beat a neighbor’s dog to death, threatened to shoot school children, and did shoot into an occupied vehicle, that Dykes wasn’t already incarcerated is a complete failure of the mental health and criminal justice system in this nation. All that happened before he murdered a school bus drive and took a 5-year-old hostage earlier this week in an on-going standoff.

In reading up on the hostage situation today, however, I caught an edit to the established facts (my bold below).

Here’s the current Associated Press report:

Dykes was known in the neighborhood as a menacing figure who neighbors said once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and an assault rifle.​

Here’s the earlier story:

Dykes was known around the neighborhood as a menacing figure who once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and a shotgun.​

Yes, the Associated Press has been caught red-handed changing “shotgun” to “assault rifle” in their reporting.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Red-handed: Associated Press caught inserting ?assault rifle? into Alabama hostage standoff « Bob Owens

Good catch... Got to massage the story just a bit... Liberals shoot skeet with shotguns at Camp David.

There's even rumors that President obama shoots, though, after seeing him throw a baseball, I doubt he knows which end of a double to put up to his shoulder.

Expect to see this for a while. Assault weapons are the current target. Once they get rid of those, they will choose the next gun to go after and we'll see that one supposedly showing up at every crime scene. They will do this until we get down to hand guns and that will be the last ones they confiscate.

Even if the murder rates went sky high becasue of killings by knives, they will never go after those. Knives are not a threat to a dictator with private armies, who might be armed with all the confiscated assault weapons. The goal here is to ensure that the government will have complete control over an unarmed public who cannot fight back. Right now, it's possible that there could be a revolution because millions are well armed and the people would be a huge force to reckon with. Time for change.

Last edited:
If I hear something I do not like outside at night I go out with a maglite and a .357. that patrolling my yard with an evil firearm and I'm mentally ill?

If I hear something I do not like outside at night I go out with a maglite and a .357. that patrolling my yard with an evil firearm and I'm mentally ill?

One night several years ago when I was living alone in a two-story, four-unit apartment building, I heard a heavy thud through my open bedroom window followed by murmuring and grunting. I raced out the front door wearing only a pair of Levi's cutoffs that had seen many a washing...barefoot, bare chested and nothing in my hands.

Below my bedroom window stood my new downstairs neighbor, a big friend of his and what looked at first to be a washing machine. It was actually a huge window unit air conditioner they were trying to install and had dropped...hence the thud. I told them I ran down thinking I made find a burglar or home invader. My neighbor thanked me for that and then asked what I would have done since their were no weapons around...not even a handful of dirt for the eyes.

I turned around to reveal the Colt .357 Python I had tucked in the backside of the waistband. He thanked me again for being the protective type (I call it having the "Batman syndrome) and we were friends from then on.

Now I miss that gun. When I was in my third marriage, my stepson was devilish and dangerous with firearms and ammo. He would "ring" some of my shotgun shells to get enough powder to make small bombs, shot a hole in the windowsill with his mother's little pissy ass .22 semi......so I gave all of my firearms to my son whom I knew would respect them. Months later while they were on vacation, thieves just about cleaned out their entire house, taking the gun vault with several really nice pieces inside...including that beautiful Python. Makes a man wanna CRY!!!!

Another LSM lie. AP now joins the ranks of NBC/MSNBC & CBS in the pantheon of lying media outlets.

Then, it's too bad Bigfoot doesn't exist, Sassyquatch!

Now, getting back to the thread, why do some people consider a change from a shotgun to an assault rifle to have the meaning they claim? The AP is reporting what they are told and it's paranoid to believe they are changing the story. It's reasonable to believe what they are being told is changing the story and they are just reporting what they are told.

There is a big problem in this country involving crime and the news. Quite often when there is a big story, I notice the news is getting information from unauthorized sources or leaks. The news sometimes reports it as fact and later discovers it doesn't match the authorized facts. Conspiracy people look for ways to exploit the discrepancies when the real problem is people are reporting hearsay misinformation that is quite common in an early investigation of the facts. It's police policy to give out very little information about an ongoing investigation and they do that for many reasons, but one of the reasons is to avoid presenting the facts until they are absolutely sure what the facts are.

We don't have the sources of information on the guns that could be in that bunker. It could be a neighbor was in the bunker and noticed an assault rifle or noticed Dykes had an assault rifle before this incident.

Dykes’ neighbor Michael Creel told the AP that the man, who has been described as a paranoid Navy veteran, showed off the ventilation pipe after installing it about a year ago.

“He was bragging about it,” Creel told the AP. “He said, ‘Come check it out.’”

Source: Sheriff to Alabama hostage-taker: 'I want to thank him for taking care of our boy' - U.S. News

According to the neighbor, a paranoid old man shows off a ventilation shaft to his bunker. We know he killed a bus driver and took a 5 year old kid. I can see a connection between paranoid and a bunker as well as paranoid and firearms, but a ventilation pipe to a bunker isn't going to get you air if someone is coming to get you. Why wouldn't they just plug it up of put something destructive down the pipe? Showing off a ventilation shaft isn't rational, if the person was using the bunker for lewd purposes, like taking a child might imply.

At this point, the behavior of Dykes is speculation. He could have shot the bus driver due to some kind of animosity towards him and just took the child as a hostage for his own protection. The shooting victim was about the same age. The man could just be crazy and his behavior doesn't have a rational basis.

I think it's rather early to speculate about these events and treat such speculation as facts.

It's certainly too early to tell if Dykes has a shotgun, assault rifle or both in that bunker. Many have both and much more, so why can't he?

Sadly the media altering the facts to promote the narrative they want to push is becoming all to common.

I hear you idiots saying that, but it's just talk.

Are you idiots going to leave the site out of the embarrassment of spreading lies if they find an assault rifle in that bunker?

Hell no, you'll be here spreading more lies, because that's all you do on these sites!

Not mentally ill.

I would rethink leaving the relative armed safety of your home to go on armed yard patrol.

There really is little upside if you find something.

Ask George Zimmerman.

Not mentally ill.

I would rethink leaving the relative armed safety of your home to go on armed yard patrol.

Ask George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman wasn't in his yard.

Not mentally ill.

Ask George Zimmerman.

Well I have a shop full of tools and equipment on my property that I need to check on at times. My wife usually accompanies me as well with her 9mm. She's also a better shot then I am.

Last edited:
Sadly the media altering the facts to promote the narrative they want to push is becoming all to common.

Are you idiots going to leave the site out of the embarrassment of spreading lies if they find an assault rifle in that bunker?

Hell no, you'll be here spreading more lies, because that's all you do on these sites!

The neighbor I heard, said "shotgun". The first reports of him patrolling his property used the word "shotgun" But now, we are being led to believe that President obama shoots skeet with a "shotgun", so "shotguns" are suddenly good. (as long as they don't hold 30 rounds)

Story must be changed to evil scary looking BLACK assault weapon.

So what if they find a so called assault rifle. That doesn't mean that he never carried a shotgun. I bet that you don't even know what an assault rifle is, if you did you would know that he could not legally own one without a class 3 license. Fecking left-wing hype.

The neighbor I heard, said "shotgun". The first reports of him patrolling his property used the word "shotgun" But now, we are being led to believe that President obama shoots skeet with a "shotgun", so "shotguns" are suddenly good. (as long as they don't hold 30 rounds)

Story must be changed to evil scary looking BLACK assault weapon.

Yep. He may have been carrying a scary looking bang bang.

Is a shotgun now considered an assault rifle? The only lies being spread are the ones being used to push a gun control agenda. The idiots are the ones that seem fine with handing away their Freedoms so they can pretend to feel safer at night... But the problem is, gun control doesn't control criminal's guns, so the bogeyman will still get you.

Forum List

Back