Liberals Destroying Business (Uber and Lyft)

Well they should succeed in driving businesses right out of California.

Uber and Lyft are country wide and I'm sure those in Cali could work in any state.

Talk about brainless boobs. That's the leaders in Cali.

uber/lyft created a way to skirt laws taxis must follow. sooner or later that was going to be addressed.

uber/lyft created a way to skirt laws taxis must follow. sooner or later that was going to be addressed.

Once again, the liberal kooks in Ca work to destroy a company and/or raise prices for consumers of Lyft and Uber.

California Labor Bill, Near Passage, Is Blow to Uber and Lyft
Those ride share companies have been sidestepping the regulations taxi companies must follow. You had to know that sooner or later they'd close that loophole. CA may be the first, but the other states will follow pretty quickly.

Those "laws % regulations" are there to protect the unions and criminals who run those businesses.
Look at all the BULLSHIT medallion scandals.
And make no mistake the yellow cab company is corrupt as the sun is yellow and they rule their drivers with an iron fist.

Fuck the cab industry. And yes, I drove a yellow cab while in college.

Once again, the liberal kooks in Ca work to destroy a company and/or raise prices for consumers of Lyft and Uber.

Those ride share companies have been sidestepping the regulations taxi companies must follow. You had to know that sooner or later they'd close that loophole. CA may be the first, but the other states will follow pretty quickly.

Those "laws % regulations" are there to protect the unions and criminals who run those businesses.
And make no mistake the yellow cab company is corrupt as the sun is yellow and they rule their drivers with an iron fist.

all i'm really saying is if uber/lyft can do it, then even it up and de-regulate the cab industry. i am certainly no fan of riding in a cab. when i do i feel like i'm taking my life into my own hands at times.

Independent contractors

is not a way to 'skirt' around anything.
ask microsoft how temp help / indie contractors worked out long term. or just ask me. i was there full time and got to watch it all while fixing Windows for Workgroups and Windows 95 escalations.

Jobs that hardly pay anything.

I use Lyft from time to time and the drivers tell me that after paying for their gas they make around 25 an hour.

Probably better pay than you could ever manage.

all i'm really saying is if uber/lyft can do it, then even it up and de-regulate the cab industry. i am certainly no fan of riding in a cab. when i do i feel like i'm taking my life into my own hands at times.
The union will never allow deregulation because they would lose their power. That regulation ensures their monopoly.

The union will never allow deregulation because they would lose their power. That regulation ensures their monopoly.
then maybe i do have more to understand around this. i'll dig some later today.

Yes, and they deliver a better product. Like I said, I use Lyft from time to time and they are great. I know within a couple minutes when they will pick me up, and they are nice folks with CLEAN cars.

I use Lyft from time to time and the drivers tell me that after paying for their gas they make around 25 an hour.

Nice try:
When accounting for the ride-sharing company’s commissions and fees, vehicle expenses and a modest health insurance package, Uber drivers end up earning just $9.21 in hourly wages, according to a new study from the Economic Policy Institute, a left-leaning nonprofit think tank based in Washington, D.C.

This is how much Uber drivers really make

then maybe i do have more to understand around this. i'll dig some later today.

One example...

Uber, Yellow Cab drivers need unity to fight bosses | | The African Journal Online

City hall imposes a ‘cap’
On Aug. 14, Mayor Bill de Blasio signed legislation to stop issuing licenses for e-hail cars for a year. In the meantime, city planners will “study” whether a “cap” on e-hail cars should be permanent. Many drivers, including those working for Uber, support the new law, hoping it will put a lid on sharpening competition.

In signing the law, de Blasio accused Uber’s owners of carrying out “a very cynical plan to over-saturate this city,” saying their motivation is “corporate greed.”

But the mayor was silent on the exploitation of cab drivers by the Yellow Cab and garage bosses, who aim to claw back market share and shore up their profits. Since 2013, Yellow Cab bosses have been de Blasio’s patrons to the tune of more than a half million dollars in campaign contributions.

Democrat de Blasio, like mayors from both the bosses’ parties before him, presides over city government to defend the prerogatives of the employing class, the capitalists. For liberals like him, regulation such as the cap is a way to hog-tie workers and stifle resistance to exploitation by the capitalist rulers.

De Blasio says his push to limit e-hail cars will help drivers in face of competition. But that’s not the aim of the cap. Bosses want “their” workers to fear competition from other workers. It’s a weapon to keep wages down — and, above all, to keep resistance down. The mayor’s real aim is to “cap” momentum toward industry-wide unionization of cab, e-hail and livery drivers.

Nice try:
When accounting for the ride-sharing company’s commissions and fees, vehicle expenses and a modest health insurance package, Uber drivers end up earning just $9.21 in hourly wages, according to a new study from the Economic Policy Institute, a left-leaning nonprofit think tank based in Washington, D.C.

That all depends on the market location.

Nice try:

Yeah, uber sucks. That's why I don't use them. Try checking out Lyft. They treat their drivers much better

Nice try:

That all depends on the market location.
They make very little everywhere.

Nice try:

Yeah, uber sucks. That's why I don't use them. Try checking out Lyft. They treat their drivers much better

After paying all expenses, and after the app takes its cut, drivers for a service like Uber and Lyft average between $8.55 and $11.77 per hour. A midrange private sector worker earns $32.06 in that same time. Readers should note that many outlets continue to cite a study from MIT suggesting that drivers earn less than $4 per hour. This study was withdrawn for inaccuracies.

How Much Do Uber and Lyft Drivers Make in 2018?

Forum List

Back