Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

r2s278.jpg

You sure know that Klan was founded and established in almost every southern state to resist the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks.

Your little snippets that "prove" Klans attempts to infiltrate Republican party, because they couldn't win anything as Democrats just shows how desperate you are to prove "something", when in reality you got nothing.

klanbake-600x387.jpg

Wow, look at all those white conservatives. Glad they became Republicans.

Name five who did so.

I'll help you with first one, you fill the blanks. Can you?

1. Strom Thurmond

They became Republicans in the ballot box starting in 1964.

Then you sure can provide four more names of those Democrats who became Republicans in the ballot box starting in 1964. Let's see them.

Who won the South in the 1964 presidential election?

For all those people who state the KKK are Republicans now I have to ask who did the Klan thrive under ?
Southern Conservatives. Party affiliation irrelevant.

Irrelevant because they were all Democrats?

Irrelevant because Democrat is the name of a party. Conservative is the name of a set of political beliefs.
Your so called Liberal Democrats haven't changed much since the parties slave owning days they just try to be more subtle about. From Clinton's comments about Obama serving coffee to LBJ's next 200 years words they are still racist. You base folks just don't want to hear about it. So you cling to myths.

For all those people who state the KKK are Republicans now I have to ask who did the Klan thrive under ?

Irrelevant because Democrat is the name of a party. Conservative is the name of a set of political beliefs.
Your so called Liberal Democrats haven't changed much since the parties slave owning days they just try to be more subtle about. From Clinton's comments about Obama serving coffee to LBJ's next 200 years words they are still racist. You base folks just don't want to hear about it. So you cling to myths.

Democrats aren't the ones that want to repeal the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

That would be conservatives like you.

I love revisionist history

First off.... The klan is and always was a Conservative organization. Liberals are not welcome

Secondly.... the second generation klan that emerged in the early 1900 s was comprised of both Democrats in the south and Republicans in the Midwest.

Thirdly..... TODAYS klan is staunchly Republican and Conservative

First off, the klan was started by Democrats.

Second, they were revived in early 1900s again by Democrats (Wilson).

Third, you sure have a proof that Republicans support the klan, do ya?
No, the klan was started by people who happened to be Democrats along with southerners, conservative, Baptist

Because most of that bill is redundant crap that Democrats use to discriminate against the religious by pushing the LBT and whatever the other 50 fucking letters agenda.. Anyway I'm tired of this shit.the kkk is a sorry sad little group far from their Democratic Party glory days.The overwhelming majority of Republicans reject their BS. Own your fucking history Democrat.

Because most of that bill is redundant crap that Democrats use to discriminate against the religious by pushing the LBT and whatever the other 50 fucking letters agenda.. Anyway I'm tired of this shit.the kkk is a sorry sad little group far from their Democratic Party glory days.The overwhelming majority of Republicans reject their BS. Own your fucking history Democrat.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act does not protect those who are gay or lesbian. In fact, it requires that gay serve the Christian not vice versa.

klanbake-600x387.jpg

Wow, look at all those white conservatives. Glad they became Republicans.

Name five who did so.

I'll help you with first one, you fill the blanks. Can you?

1. Strom Thurmond

They became Republicans in the ballot box starting in 1964.

Then you sure can provide four more names of those Democrats who became Republicans in the ballot box starting in 1964. Let's see them.

Who won the South in the 1964 presidential election?

Johnson.

First off.... The klan is and always was a Conservative organization. Liberals are not welcome

Secondly.... the second generation klan that emerged in the early 1900 s was comprised of both Democrats in the south and Republicans in the Midwest.

No, the klan was started by people who happened to be Democrats along with southerners, conservative, Baptist

It just happened they were Democrats, right?

It just happened they were Democrats, right?

Civil rights have always been conservative versus liberal not Democrats versus Republicans. In the US it's mostly been the North versus the South.

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia

The Klan was started by White Christian Southern men- who may have been Democrats- but they certainly were White Christian Southern men.

Funny how the rabid right wing loves to say that the Democratic Party is exactly the same as it was in 1860- but somehow White Christian Southern men have all changed.....

The KKK in the 20th century included both Republicans and Democrats- but starting in 1964, as Martin Luther King Jr. put very well-

From 1964 (not 1924)
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

....... On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

The Republicans haven't changed since 1964- when they nominated for President the Senator who voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

And of course then nominated two more Presidents who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Reagan- and Bush

From 1964 (not 1924)
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

....... On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Forum List

Back