Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

Has anything changed since then? Oh, yes, they stopped wearing those white sheets.

Not entirely ...

98f35bb1061c501cb35d2689e9f6d466
Such a form fitting creation..

NOTHING should ever fit that form.

Who said it?

"I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years"

A. A Republican
B. A Democrat President famed for his "Civil Rights" Bill

Um, the parties switched and Robert Byrd and LBJ are Conservatives, or something
Ah, yes. They were of a mind with Barry Goldwater.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Can you post any racists quotes by Barry Goldwater?

I am unalterably opposed to discrimination or segregation on the basis of race, color, or creed or on any other basis; not only my words, but more importantly my actions through years have repeatedly demonstrated the sincerity of my feeling in this regard…” -- Barry Goldwater

Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

The picture was taken during the 1924 Democratic Convention.

klanbake-600x387.jpg

It was also known as “Klanbake.”

In Madison Square Garden, New York City, from June 24 to July 9, a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party’s platform.

Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

klanbake-600x387.jpg

Wow, look at all those white conservatives. Glad they became Republicans.

Exactly true. Conservatives and progressives have changed names several times. Look at the the time of the Revolutionary. Conservatives did not want to be independent from England and became spies for King George.

It's unclear what the point of the OP is. Of course Democrats hate that photo.

The real question is Why don't Republicans?mWhere is the condemnation from the OP? Or from other conservatives here?

Conservative are the modern day kkk. Where is their shame?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Um, the parties switched and Robert Byrd and LBJ are Conservatives, or something
Ah, yes. They were of a mind with Barry Goldwater.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Can you post any racists quotes by Barry Goldwater?

I am unalterably opposed to discrimination or segregation on the basis of race, color, or creed or on any other basis; not only my words, but more importantly my actions through years have repeatedly demonstrated the sincerity of my feeling in this regard…” -- Barry Goldwater
He didn't say them in public. All that matters is that Byrd, LBJ, and Goldwater were conservatives.

Or something.

CrusaderFrank is exactly right that the parties switched and that Byrd renounced the KKK. (But wrong about the Tuskegee experiments and I don't get the "or something")

So where are Republican's denouncing the KKK?

Remember how long it took Trump to issue that lukewarm lie that he didn't know David Duke? Where were his fans' outcry against that?

They didn't because they are now the KKK.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Racism will always be a part of progressivism… Fact

I love revisionist history

First off.... The klan is and always was a Conservative organization. Liberals are not welcome

Secondly.... the second generation klan that emerged in the early 1900 s was comprised of both Democrats in the south and Republicans in the Midwest.

Thirdly..... TODAYS klan is staunchly Republican and Conservative

Last edited:
Has anything changed since then? Oh, yes, they stopped wearing those white sheets.

Not entirely ...

98f35bb1061c501cb35d2689e9f6d466
Such a form fitting creation..

NOTHING should ever fit that form.
I mean really,,can you blame Bill for straying into the neighbor's yard with a spread like that pardner?
He was straying long before she looked like that
She was the bacon maker early on....and probably thinks the same as at twenty..

Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

The picture was taken during the 1924 Democratic Convention.

klanbake-600x387.jpg

It was also known as “Klanbake.”

In Madison Square Garden, New York City, from June 24 to July 9, a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party’s platform.

That is the way it was back then. No denying it.

Forum List

Back