Liberal Media- NBC's Brian Williams is NOW under fire

Now then...
... what about that Advocate post?

Which Advocate, the mythical New Orleans Advocate????

Yup, that one, as all three of the OPs called it in their rush to judgment without vetting their own stuff. The one that actually did falsify its news. The comparison I drew (again) in post 373. The elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about. That thing.

The crickets continue... :eusa_shhh: ssh, don't wake up the little darlings.

I've been asking for some explanation on this throughout the thread. Cricket City. Here for example.

Actually I like the way I laid it out in (what is now since the grand institutional conflation of topics that have nothing in common) 162:

The fascinating aspect to me is that even though I completely debunked the premise of this thread in post 2 (and a similar one before this was created), a bunch of posters came in here and continued to flog this story as if it was a done deal, or even a "newscast" (far as I know neither of these statements were put out on a newscast, amirite?)...

But none of that mattered, the prime directive here seems to be to perpetuate the myth -- from the same mouths that purport to demand the "truth". They're actually wilfullly perpetuating a story that has already been demonstrated to be based on a lie, and which the original source has already backed away from -- in order to perpetuate the myth that they're calling "truth".

It just doesn't get more ironical than that. Doublethink has arrived. It lives, it breathes, and it's growing. Accepted practice already here at USMB, the Ministry of Truth. Top speed.

And as noted if the myth is starved of its oxygen and gasping for air the thing to do is not acknowledge the starvation -- it's change the subject! Because vive le myth! :eusa_dance:

That's WAY more important than Brian Williams or NBC or even Katrina. When the proles are willing to accept mythology over the factual, that is a complete mindfuck.
shakehead.gif

Crickets and hypocrites. :dunno:

Another wag in another thread wondered out loud, if Williams saw a body floating why didn't they get a shot (camera shot) of it? Which serves as a reminder that Federal officials were muzzling the media on reporting this aspect. For two weeks - by which time the waters had long since receded. CNN had to sue for media to be able to cover body retrieval. They got a TRO on September 11th -- 13 days after the storm.

Which just demonstrates part of the problem in writing history when the news gets censored. Fortunately there are those of us who remember and will not tolerate revisionism.

Everybody who returned to their dwelling found one of these on their house --

04Kat-house-marks.jpg

Many of them can still be seen today, a stark reminder of what the raw reality was.

But yanno what, let's forget about all this and play political touch football.
Wankers.

Williams stated he was in the French quarters when he saw a body float by. It was a total lie unless a body can float in two inches of water.

Another wag in another thread wondered out loud, if Williams saw a body floating why didn't they get a shot (camera shot) of it? Which serves as a reminder that Federal officials were muzzling the media on reporting this aspect. For two weeks - by which time the waters had long since receded. CNN had to sue for media to be able to cover body retrieval. They got a TRO on September 11th -- 13 days after the storm.

Which just demonstrates part of the problem in writing history when the news gets censored. Fortunately there are those of us who remember and will not tolerate revisionism.

04Kat-house-marks.jpg

Many of them can still be seen today, a stark reminder of what the raw reality was.

Wankers.

Williams stated he was in the French quarters when he saw a body float by. It was a total lie unless a body can float in two inches of water.

You are a fucking idiot. Read the damn thread. Go see the pictures I posted all over it.
Go see these and these.

"Two inches of water" my fucking ASS. Go fuck yourself. Hard.

And by the way MORON it's "French Quarter" not "quarters". It's an entire section of the city, not a dormitory --- ya ignorant wankjob. What time does the clue store open?

This look like "two inches", moron? That's a shot from the same hotel Williams was in.

showimg.asp

That hotel had to close for over a year to repair flood damage. Does "two inches" do that, moron? That look like "two inches"? Your blind dates must be thrilled.

Fucking IDIOT :fu:

Last edited:
The most amazing thing to me is that anyone is surprised that he lied. Newsmen are no more than actors. Their reporting of the news is done in a manner to get ratings. Accuracy is ALWAYS a second thought. If anyone on this board been personally involved in a news event they will report to you that there were exaggerations and lies throughout the reporting of it by the media. Viewers must be aware of this when hearing the news and apply common sense.

The most amazing thing to me is that anyone is surprised that he lied. Newsmen are no more than actors. Their reporting of the news is done in a manner to get ratings. Accuracy is ALWAYS a second thought. If anyone on this board been personally involved in a news event they will report to you that there were exaggerations and lies throughout the reporting of it by the media. Viewers must be aware of this when hearing the news and apply common sense.

Thank you, that's exactly what they are. And actors are known to embellish. News anchors are usually hams. All that practiced gravitas posing in the mirror -- goes to one's head. It's supposed to. That's your job - to be a "personality". If it doesn't go to your head you're not doing what they hired you for.

04Kat-house-marks.jpg

Wankers.

You are a fucking idiot. Read the damn thread. Go see the pictures I posted all over it.
Go see these and these.

And by the way MORON it's "French Quarter" not "quarters". It's an entire section of the city, not a dormitory --- ya ignorant wankjob. What time does the clue store open?

This look like "two inches", moron? That's a shot from the same hotel Williams was in.

showimg.asp

That hotel had to close for over a year to repair flood damage. Does "two inches" do that, moron? That look like "two inches"? Your blind dates must be thrilled.

Two inches of water.

Where's the picture of the floating body?

Are you telling me a news crew wouldn't have taken a photo of a floating body?

Looks to me like you are the idiot.

NBC News anchor Brian Williams comments about dead bodies Hurricane Katrina starting to gain attention draw scrutiny News The New Orleans Advocate mdash New Orleans Louisiana

But the French Quarter, the original high ground of New Orleans, was not impacted by the floodwaters that overwhelmed the vast majority of the city.

Notice the picture moron!! He's standing on Canal Street at the corner of Canal and Barrone, right in front of the Walgreens.

Last edited:

04Kat-house-marks.jpg

Wankers.

Go see these and these.

showimg.asp

Two inches of water.

NBC News anchor Brian Williams comments about dead bodies Hurricane Katrina starting to gain attention draw scrutiny News The New Orleans Advocate mdash New Orleans Louisiana

But the French Quarter, the original high ground of New Orleans, was not impacted by the floodwaters that overwhelmed the vast majority of the city.

Notice the picture moron!! He's standing on Canal Street at the corner of Canal and Barrone, right in front of the Walgreens.

Fucking moron - that's the same story that's been discredited throughout this merged thread. All three of them. The same story that backed away from it even before it was posted here, yet it got posted anyway. The same story where I got THAT PHOTO DIRECTLY ABOVE which IS the French Quarter. And btw there's no such thing as the "New Orleans Advocate". It calls itself that but it's in Baton Rouge. We did that too. Guess you didn't notice where it says "Original story" at the heading of the one you want to believe --- after it says "
New details: Katrina photos show water did surround Ritz-Carlton, where NBC anchor Brian Williams stayed

"New details" that I pointed out WAY back in this thread everybody in New Orleans has known for TEN YEARS. Because that's how old these photos are.

Fucking DUH.

The Walgreens, you mean the Walgreen's at Canal and Baronne, across the street from the hotel? The one at 900 Canal across from the Ritz at 921? THIS WALGREEN'S??

nNolaflood.JPG

THIS Canal Street?
flooded_street_no_katrina.jpg

Canal+Street+Flood1.jpg
photo-canal-street-flood-re.jpg

"Don't go out there-- it's two inches!"

But you're willing to argue with history. Go figure.

To paraphrase an old saw, morons who can't be bothered to read the thread are condemned to repeat it.
And dig themselves deeper and deeper in shit. I am continuously stupefied that there are those so swimming in the soup of partisan hackery that they're willing to make themselves look like this much of an idiot. Not a course I'd choose, but that's me.

"High ground". In New Orleans. What a fucking self-inflated doofus.

Last edited:

04Kat-house-marks.jpg

Wankers.

Go see these and these.

showimg.asp

Two inches of water.

Fucking moron - that's the same story that's been discredited throughout this merged thread. All three of them. The same story that backed away from it even before it was posted here, yet it got posted anyway. The same story where I got THAT PHOTO DIRECTLY ABOVE which IS the French Quarter. And btw there's no such thing as the "New Orleans Advocate". It calls itself that but it's in Baton Rouge. We did that too. Guess you didn't notice where it says "Original story" at the heading of the one you want to believe --- after it says "
New details: Katrina photos show water did surround Ritz-Carlton, where NBC anchor Brian Williams stayed

"New details" that I pointed out WAY back in this thread everybody in New Orleans has known for TEN YEARS. Because that's how old these photos are.

Fucking DUH.

The Walgreens, you mean the Walgreen's at Canal and Baronne, across the street from the hotel? The one at 900 Canal across from the Ritz at 921? THIS WALGREEN'S??

nNolaflood.JPG

THIS Canal Street?

Canal+Street+Flood1.jpg

To paraphrase an old saw, morons who can't be bothered to read the thread are condemned to repeat it.
And dig themselves deeper and deeper in shit. I am continuously stupefied that there are those so swimming in the soup of partisan hackery that they're willing to make themselves look like this much of an idiot. Not a course I'd choose, but that's me.

Ankle deep water. pfft

04Kat-house-marks.jpg

Wankers.

Go see these and these.

showimg.asp

Two inches of water.

Fucking DUH.

nNolaflood.JPG

THIS Canal Street?

Canal+Street+Flood1.jpg

Ankle deep water. pfft

Where are ankles located on your planet, retard?

What kind of boats run in ankle-deep water, DUMBASS??

showimg.asp

I got that from the Advocate's walkback page. It's right outside the Ritz Carlton.

YOUR OWN LINK.

dumbass.gif

:fu:

Go see these and these.

showimg.asp

Two inches of water.

Fucking DUH.

nNolaflood.JPG

THIS Canal Street?

Canal+Street+Flood1.jpg

Ankle deep water. pfft

showimg.asp

I got that from the Advocate's walkback page. It's right outside the Ritz Carlton.

YOUR OWN LINK.

dumbass.gif

Where's the floating body?

Go see these and these.

showimg.asp

Two inches of water.

Fucking DUH.

nNolaflood.JPG

THIS Canal Street?

Canal+Street+Flood1.jpg

Ankle deep water. pfft

showimg.asp

YOUR OWN LINK.

dumbass.gif

Where's the floating body?

Check your ass.
It seems to be where everything else comes from.

Its a bad thing he did however it has no significance except to him...sure I agree it is stolen valor ...similar to Reagan claiming he liberated Death camps in Europe...similar to the "stolen compassion" of Paul Ryan...the difference is Brian Williams was trying to be NBC news anchor and the other two wanted to lead our nation...

"it made me sick," says the navigator of the helicopter that was downed from the attack. He went on to say that Williams's helicopter didn't arrive at the scene for another 30 minutes.

Williams is toast. Butter him.

Other than Hoss_Fly and maybe a few others, I'm probably the only one around who's seen an RPG fired (several times) and the resulting damage (only a few times). The discrepancy being that after 100m the projectile's accuracy starts degrading....at 200m it becomes an unguided projectile and may head in most any direction...and this is assuming the intended target is stationary. So the chances of an RPG hitting a bird in flight, even one as large as a Chinook, is highly unlikely...

The pic I saw of the damage on that particular Chinook looked more like a heavy caliber machine gun round than an RPG. There is also mention of a door-gunner on that Chinook which I never saw in my time because the Chinook is not an attack craft. If there was a door-gunner, he would probably have taken out any enemy cadre close enough to have fired an RPG in the first place.
Its a bad thing he did however it has no significance except to him...sure I agree it is stolen valor ...similar to Reagan claiming he liberated Death camps in Europe...similar to the "stolen compassion" of Paul Ryan...the difference is Brian Williams was trying to be NBC news anchor and the other two wanted to lead our nation...

"it made me sick," says the navigator of the helicopter that was downed from the attack. He went on to say that Williams's helicopter didn't arrive at the scene for another 30 minutes.

Margarine would be more appropriate.

Pogo sez:

showimg.asp

I say:

Look at the outboard on that flat bottom boat. Its touching the cement and sitting at nearly at 80 degrees. You can't float in that. even a boat. Give it up. Williams lied and nobody died where he was

Last edited:
Other than Hoss_Fly and maybe a few others, I'm probably the only one around who's seen an RPG fired (several times) and the resulting damage (only a few times). The discrepancy being that after 100m the projectile's accuracy starts degrading....at 200m it becomes an unguided projectile and may head in most any direction...and this is assuming the intended target is stationary. So the chances of an RPG hitting a bird in flight, even one as large as a Chinook, is highly unlikely...

The pic I saw of the damage on that particular Chinook looked more like a heavy caliber machine gun round than an RPG. There is also mention of a door-gunner on that Chinook which I never saw in my time because the Chinook is not an attack craft. If there was a door-gunner, he would probably have taken out any enemy cadre close enough to have fired an RPG in the first place.

Margarine would be more appropriate.

I can't believe it's Not Buttah!

[QUOTE="Roadrunner, post: 10722749, member: 43730]
[QUOTE="AvgGuyIA, post: 10722734, member: 22468]

Williams is toast. Butter him.[/QUOTE]
Margarine would be more appropriate.[/QUOTE]
I love wit! lol

Pogo sez:

showimg.asp

I say:

Look at the outboard on that flat bottom boat. Its touching the cement and sitting at nearly at 80 degrees. You can't float in that. even a boat. Give it up. Williams lied and nobody died where he was

How'd the boat get there, dumbass?

Oopsie.

For him to be considered credible on his news program
There is no requirement for him to be credible when introducing news reports from reporters. He didn't report it, he didn't write it, it's not his credibility.

He's a traffic cop.

Dan Rather is the only true reporter I can think of to transition to anchor, in the modern era. Peter Jennings was an anchor, then realized he had no gravitas at 26 years old, and requested a transfer to Europe to actually become a reporter. I don't remember Tom Brokaw being a reporter in the field prior to getting the 'Today' show gig.

you mean the guy who tried to lie about GWB and affect the election?
He didn't lie. Everything he presented was true, no matter which documents he ended up using.

Brain Williams is being punished for Iraq?

You're out of your mind

Look- The lefties like to cry about guns and war, yet they reap in the $$$$ with their films depicting just that. And now, we have a lefty reporter who felt the void left by being a coward....

So he lied about it. BW felt he needed to lie to cover up his personal failure and remorse in never serving his country.

-Geaux
Bush lied and hundreds of thousands died....

Hundreds of thousands? Really? How about the Democrats in Congress who voted for the war and are on Obama's cabinet?

-Geaux
They didn't vote for war, dumbass.

Forum List

Back