Liberal Media- NBC's Brian Williams is NOW under fire

Brian Williams, Anchor and Managing Editor, "NBC Nightly News":

Brian Williams is seen by more U.S. television viewers on a daily basis than any other individual. Since taking over as anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News in 2004, he has strengthened the broadcast's position as the most-watched newscast in all of television and has become the most highly decorated evening news anchor of the modern era. He has received eleven Edward R. Murrow Awards, twelve Emmy Awards, the duPont-Columbia University Award, the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism and the industry’s highest honor, the George Foster Peabody Award....

Brian Williams - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams - About Us NBC News

This sure looks like they think he's a News Guy, not a Commentator or Entertainer.

Nah. He's a Face. Whether he's a commentator or entertainer, like Hannity et al mentioned above, would depend on the content. But if he was just a "news guy" they wouldn't need a Face. They'd just plunk down whatever (real) news guy was available. There's a reason they package it as "NBC News With Brian Williams" (or whoever, plug in name). They're selling Illusion. If they were selling straight news they could put text up.
Shit, he's not even important at all.

A nobody.

Whole thing don't mean shit.

A nobody who is paid $10M per year to be MANAGING EDITOR and Anchor of NBC's flagship Nightly News.
What's with the class warfare?

How much is O'Reilly paid each year to tell multiple lies nightly on his show?

And don't tell me Billo isn't a reporter - according to you, it doesn't matter how far back you go to find an example of reporting, and Billo was a reporter for ABC News.

"Managing editor" was covered earlier. Empty suit. I agree with Grape Juice -- "reporter" is honorific. He's hired to be a Face.

That said though, it's still moot since neither of these anecdotes were part of the news. They're personal anecdotes.

Thanks for the additional proof that your ideology is bankrupt.

Am I wrong about it? I have yet to see any story that says it came from the newscast.

He reported on the original incident in 2003. It's noteworthy that he later changed his story and NBC did nothing about it.

I don't know anything about that one; I'm here for Katrina. But I watched it and actually he says the other chopper took a hit -- not his.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here, because this doesn't fit.

Yes, on the news he said it was the other chopper - but then in 2007 he revised his "narrative" and started claiming his was shot.

Is that because he remembered it wrong or because he decided to intentionally lie?

B9HMmFPCAAAcnKP.jpg

For him to be considered credible on his news program
There is no requirement for him to be credible when introducing news reports from reporters. He didn't report it, he didn't write it, it's not his credibility.

He's a traffic cop.

Dan Rather is the only true reporter I can think of to transition to anchor, in the modern era. Peter Jennings was an anchor, then realized he had no gravitas at 26 years old, and requested a transfer to Europe to actually become a reporter. I don't remember Tom Brokaw being a reporter in the field prior to getting the 'Today' show gig.

you mean the guy who tried to lie about GWB and affect the election?

Another leftist gets caught in a lie.... I mean.... mistake.

Brian only though he was on a helicopter that got shot down. Yea, and honest mistake. I thought I was on a plane once that crashed... Turned out not to be so.. Stuff happens. LMAO

I hope this ends that assholes career

-Geaux
-------------

NBC's Brian Williams Admits He Was Never On Helicopter Forced Down In Iraq

NEW YORK -- "NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams said Wednesday that he had not been aboard a helicopter that was struck and forced down in Iraq in 2003, as he has previously claimed.

Williams recanted his original story to Star and Stripes, telling the military paper that he doesn't know "what screwed up in my mind that caused me to conflate one aircraft with another.”

NBC s Brian Williams Admits He Was Never On Helicopter Forced Down In Iraq

These Fox journos are such liars.
No Williams is.

Between Brian Williams and the global warming hoax liberal lies might be the beginning of their undoing.

This is on top of the Dan Rather lies and the NBC lies about George Zimmerman.
The only way liberals rule is by lying. If Obama was truthful about Obamacare, Sarah Palin would have been our Vice President.

Between Brian Williams and the global warming hoax liberal lies might be the beginning of their undoing.

This is on top of the Dan Rather lies and the NBC lies about George Zimmerman.
The only way liberals rule is by lying. If Obama was truthful about Obamacare, Sarah Palin would have been our Vice President.

Or Obama's radical past. Just look at all the kooky radical extremist Czars he has... And that's after we sent many of them by the way of the horse and buggy

-Geaux

Shit, he's not even important at all.

A nobody.

Whole thing don't mean shit.

Michael Moore Facebook

Let's see... So George W. Bush is now an artist and a painter & roots for dear brother "Jeb in 2016;" Dick Cheney now appears on many networks as a grumpy old man pundit; Condi Rice gets to be on the board that picks college football's Final 4... but it's Brian Williams who's to be punished for Iraq? Are u effing kidding me? I mean, an entire country was demolished, trillions were wasted, thousands of our troops were killed & wounded, tens/hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians were killed, and now, FINALLY, someone is paying for Iraq war lies... and it's Brian fucking Williams????? Yes, there is much that can be said about all the network reporters in 2003 who were embedded (i.e., Pentagon-approved) with the troops and getting to "play war" instead of asking the Bush administration the hard questions THAT DID NOT GET ASKED, and yes there is much to say about how all the networks have dumbed down the nightly news and made it unwatchable... BUT - to let the real liars who were responsible for the Iraq War roam free while instead going after Brian Williams for committing the crime of Faux Macho due to his claim of being on the wrong chopper, well, this just begs to be ridiculed and stopped. Sinners (that means you, too, Paper of Record of Judith Miller), put down your stones. Social media mob, put down your noose. Have the guts to go after the big cheese. Let Brian Williams get back to telling us about the next big storm that's going to drop 3" of snow on New York City and the exclusive report on the lost dog who made it home to help its handicap master. (Note: I don't know Brian Williams personally, but I'll say this about him: in the post-9/11 years, he did the nightly news hour on MSNBC/CNBC, and he was one of the few people in TV news who would allow an opposition voice such as mine on the air. I remember thinking this is a man with integrity.)

Brain Williams is being punished for Iraq?

You're out of your mind

Look- The lefties like to cry about guns and war, yet they reap in the $$$$ with their films depicting just that. And now, we have a lefty reporter who felt the void left by being a coward....

So he lied about it. BW felt he needed to lie to cover up his personal failure and remorse in never serving his country.

-Geaux

You're out of your mind

Look- The lefties like to cry about guns and war, yet they reap in the $$$$ with their films depicting just that. And now, we have a lefty reporter who felt the void left by being a coward....

So he lied about it. BW felt he needed to lie to cover up his personal failure and remorse in never serving his country.

-Geaux
Bush lied and hundreds of thousands died....

You're out of your mind

-Geaux

Hundreds of thousands? Really? How about the Democrats in Congress who voted for the war and are on Obama's cabinet?

-Geaux

You're out of your mind

-Geaux

Hundreds of thousands? Really? How about the Democrats in Congress who voted for the war and are on Obama's cabinet?

-Geaux
whose quote is this:

I am the decider

Did Brian Williams lie and mislead ...yes he did

Did those lies affect anything other than his personal situation at NBC...No his lies served to advance his career but did not affect the war itself..

what is the significance of this state of affairs? its significant to Brian Williams and NBC ...if his trust is totally damaged replace him..

Here is lying Paul Ryan misleading the American public in an important and global way...pretending he actually cares for the poor
Paul Ryan "did nothing" at soup kitchen photo-op - CBS News

Did O'Lielly indeed lie about combat duty? Pretty simple question - will you punt?

We know he lied about growing up in Levittown. What else has he lied about?

O'Reilly never said he served in the military. He said he was exposed to combat fire when in South America. The latter may have been a lie, but it isn't one about serving in the military.
Williams didn't claim to serve in the military, either.

That's correct. He just lied about his helicopter being shot.
And because military men have lost their lives in helicopter accidents or shoot downs, Williams's war story is nothing more than Stolen Valor. That's his crime.

^ stolen directly from the DailyKos.

'Nuff said.
Did O'Lielly indeed lie about combat duty? Pretty simple question - will you punt?

O'Reilly never said he served in the military. He said he was exposed to combat fire when in South America. The latter may have been a lie, but it isn't one about serving in the military.

And because military men have lost their lives in helicopter accidents or shoot downs, Williams's war story is nothing more than Stolen Valor. That's his crime.
Its a bad thing he did however it has no significance except to him...sure I agree it is stolen valor ...similar to Reagan claiming he liberated Death camps in Europe...similar to the "stolen compassion" of Paul Ryan...the difference is Brian Williams was trying to be NBC news anchor and the other two wanted to lead our nation...

Its a bad thing he did however it has no significance except to him...sure I agree it is stolen valor ...similar to Reagan claiming he liberated Death camps in Europe...similar to the "stolen compassion" of Paul Ryan...the difference is Brian Williams was trying to be NBC news anchor and the other two wanted to lead our nation...

You're Joe Concerned about who might have run our Nation yet you have no concern for actually who is?

Amazing display of denial

-Geaux

Another wag in another thread wondered out loud, if Williams saw a body floating why didn't they get a shot (camera shot) of it? Which serves as a reminder that Federal officials were muzzling the media on reporting this aspect. For two weeks - by which time the waters had long since receded. CNN had to sue for media to be able to cover body retrieval. They got a TRO on September 11th -- 13 days after the storm.

Which just demonstrates part of the problem in writing history when the news gets censored. Fortunately there are those of us who remember and will not tolerate revisionism.

Everybody who returned to their dwelling found one of these on their house --

04Kat-house-marks.jpg

Many of them can still be seen today, a stark reminder of what the raw reality was.

But yanno what, let's forget about all this and play political touch football.
Wankers.

Forum List

Back