Liberal Media Insensitivity

Sep 28, 2012
West Coast
President Obama got himself in trouble last week for saying that the death of four Americans in Libya "is not optimal."

[The liberal media taking its cue from Obama] were out in force Sunday downplaying the significance of the White House's ever-changing position on the attacks on our consulate in Benghazi last month.

On Sunday, New York Times White House correspondent Helene Cooper said on NBC's Meet the Press, "The death of four Americans, which is why while incredibly tragic, is something that I think is peripheral to what's going on right now."

O]n Meet the Press, Time magazine's Joe Klein told Face the Nation viewers this matter [the Benghazi tragedy] "has been like the October mirage - it really isn't an issue.

"Pat Smith, the mother of one of the Americans that died in the Benghazi raid, responded to the President's callous remarks Friday by saying, "My son is NOT very optimal...he is very dead."

I wonder how she'll feel about Cooper claiming his death is "peripheral" [or Klein saying it's not an "issue."]

By Noel Sheppard, News Busters

Read more: NYT's Helene Cooper: 'Death of Four Americans Is Peripheral To What's Going on Right Now' | NewsBusters.org

Forum List

Back