Liberal Illogic

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Liberals think they can cure the problem of corrupt hierarchical corporations by folding them into the already immensely corrupt hierarchy of government. Does that make sense?

I swear though... it seems all government operates that way. If they make a law and it turns out to be no good, instead of REMOVING the law, they just pile another law in on top of it.

Makes no sense, but seems to happen every time.

It makes complete sense. Corporations are only interested in profits, our government is only interested in the well being of the people. :rolleyes:

rtwngAvngr said:
Liberals think they can cure the problem of corrupt hierarchical corporations by folding them into the already immensely corrupt hierarchy of government. Does that make sense?

Bush's biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation). He holds the record for most corporate campaign contributions. His administration also holds the U.S. record for appointees who did not liquidate vast holdings in American corporations bidding for government contract. Considering Bush administration ties to Carlyle, Halliburton, Enron, etc., don't you think conservatives have more to do with folding corporations into the hierarchy of the government than liberals do?

Then again, maybe we should let the liberals do the thinking when it comes to money, considering the president drove 2 companies into the ground, sold his stock in a company just before it went under, spent the surplus, presided over the biggest deficit in United States history, etc etc etc.

nakedemperor said:
Bush's biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation). He holds the record for most corporate campaign contributions. His administration also holds the U.S. record for appointees who did not liquidate vast holdings in American corporations bidding for government contract. Considering Bush administration ties to Carlyle, Halliburton, Enron, etc., don't you think conservatives have more to do with folding corporations into the hierarchy of the government than liberals do?

Then again, maybe we should let the liberals do the thinking when it comes to money, considering the president drove 2 companies into the ground, sold his stock in a company just before it went under, spent the surplus, presided over the biggest deficit in United States history, etc etc etc.

Its amazing how despite the fact that all this corruption and illegal corporate activity happened during the Clinton administration its somehow Bush's fault.

• Banned
nakedemperor said:

Bush takes contributions. So do dems. Republicans at least acknowledge the role of business. Dems want the government to take over everything. Do you think the government is less corrupt than business? Tell me honestly.

Pale Rider said:
I swear though... it seems all government operates that way. If they make a law and it turns out to be no good, instead of REMOVING the law, they just pile another law in on top of it.

Makes no sense, but seems to happen every time.

Yes. I can't stand the way Congress writes "laws" that are huge pile of complex language nobody can understand about a hundred different topics, and that tacks on pork besides.

And they do pile up. And there's no way to get rid of them. I think it should be a principle of legislation that EVERY law is automatically sunsetted. And, they do do this sometimes. Independent Prosecutor is a good example. I think this law is now gone. No such thing.

Forum List

Back