Liberal Colleges and Universities - Why and How Did They Get That Way?

By definition, perhaps. But liberalism in practice is intolerant.

liberal is in fact both tolerant and diverse. It has to be.

Conservative Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian. They are neither tolerant nor diverse. They don't have to be. That is just the plain, unvarnished truth. Sorry if you don't like it.
tell that to Joe Lieberman

and i have a news flash for you

America is mostly white and mostly christian

Joe Lieberman, one dipshit correcting another:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWf7w--TwyU]YouTube - John McCain: Iran training Al-Qaeda, Oh, I mean extremists[/ame]

tell that to Joe Lieberman

and i have a news flash for you

America is mostly white and mostly christian

Yes, but those Americans who are gay, lesbian, atheist, feminist, educated and liberal aren't welcome in the "Party of White". You know it. I know it. Why deny it?
more delusional lies by rdean

Wait a second, are you saying that "gay, lesbian, atheist, feminist, educated and liberals" ARE WELCOME in the Republican Party?

If you view all questions of education by these two razors, it will illuminate the supposed leftist support for education:

"Will the proposed bill have the effect of keeping or adding to more dues paying union members?"

"Will the proposed bill be a handout to some group that may become a new suckler at the teat of the government?" (see Pell grant and student loans in general)

If the answer is no to these questions, then the leftists are not for "that kind of support for education."

Today is a rather unfortunate day to try and make this point. Honestly, choosing the day the Race to the Top winners are announced to argue how Democratic education policy is designed to do the teachers unions' bidding? :eusa_eh:

I suggest you not buy the hype and use my two razors to review these "awards"

Yes, but those Americans who are gay, lesbian, atheist, feminist, educated and liberal aren't welcome in the "Party of White". You know it. I know it. Why deny it?
more delusional lies by rdean

Wait a second, are you saying that "gay, lesbian, atheist, feminist, educated and liberals" ARE WELCOME in the Republican Party?
yes, they are
that leaves YOU out

I would say liberal salaries are making sure millions of kids will never be taught by liberals, only the children of the rich, liberal elite.

rdean, excuses that don't work. I swear to God, he said liberals teach people how to make bread.........

:)

Atheists are welcome? You might want to review that link. Some comments:

And yeah. Going to mass is just SO much more fun than going out and enjoying life. No wonder Christians are always so interesting. (pfft.)

Because it requires no morality:

Atheism leads to hell.

Why do atheists hate the outdoors, and then sparkle when exposed to the sun?

Urrgh, such foul creatures. Why did my father even created you? Repent now and obey my every command, or else oblivion awaits.

Because they are a trick of the devil!

------------------------------

You can bet, it wasn't "liberals" or "Democrats" making these comments.

The Texas Supreme Court ruled that the state GOP does not have to provide exhibit space to a gay Republican group at the party's state convention. The court unanimously overturned a lower court ruling that ordered state Republicans to accommodate the Log Cabin Republicans of Texas at the convention, which opened Thursday and runs through Saturday. Party officials had argued they have the right to determine what can be exhibited at their conventions.

Articles about Log Cabin Republicans - Orlando Sentinel

NEW YORK -- A Republican gay-rights group uses images of former President Reagan and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani in a new ad to counter what it calls "shameful and outrageous" language against same-sex unions in the party's platform.

---------------------------------------------

This is a complaint I've had before. Do Republicans READ their links? I wonder if I should go through the rest of them? No wonder they so rarely post links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atheists are welcome? You might want to review that link. Some comments:

And yeah. Going to mass is just SO much more fun than going out and enjoying life. No wonder Christians are always so interesting. (pfft.)

Because it requires no morality:

Atheism leads to hell.

Why do atheists hate the outdoors, and then sparkle when exposed to the sun?

Urrgh, such foul creatures. Why did my father even created you? Repent now and obey my every command, or else oblivion awaits.

Because they are a trick of the devil!

You can bet, it wasn't "liberals" or "Democrats" making these comments.

The Texas Supreme Court ruled that the state GOP does not have to provide exhibit space to a gay Republican group at the party's state convention. The court unanimously overturned a lower court ruling that ordered state Republicans to accommodate the Log Cabin Republicans of Texas at the convention, which opened Thursday and runs through Saturday. Party officials had argued they have the right to determine what can be exhibited at their conventions.

Articles about Log Cabin Republicans - Orlando Sentinel

NEW YORK -- A Republican gay-rights group uses images of former President Reagan and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani in a new ad to counter what it calls "shameful and outrageous" language against same-sex unions in the party's platform.

---------------------------------------------

This is a complaint I've had before. Do Republicans READ their links? I wonder if I should go through the rest of them? No wonder they so rarely post links.
I don't think YOU read the links.

Any ideas that contradict your own prejudices must be immediately dismissed. And all that proves is you're a bigot.

Broadly speaking, conservatism by definition is traditional; liberalism, tolerant and open to new ideas. Conservatives home-school or send their children to private schools for a reason. (The wealthy do too but that is a class issue.) The reason conservatives dislike college and universities is they are broad minded and broad minded conflicts with narrow traditional ideas. Why no conservative simply says that is because ideally Americans are supposed to be open minded etc. Imagine a strict conservative coming home from college, and now understanding evolution, and believing it is science. The parents may go cuckoo. Or even worse suppose the child comes home agnostic. Ideas have power, conservatives recognize this well, their think tanks spew nonsense constantly, and calling colleges and media "liberal" is one constant charge. Of course they have had to make liberal a bad word too.

"Objectivity cannot be equated with mental blankness; rather, objectivity resides in recognizing your preferences and then subjecting them to especially harsh scrutiny." Stephen Jay Gould

Wow! That's a whole lotta bullshit right there.

My Father was quite receptive to my agnostic period. I hoped he would just set me straight, but he told me that it was up to me and that I needed to figure it out for myself. 20 years later, I understand the wisdom of his perspective. I didn't need to go to college to understand evolution, that was 8th grade Earth Science. Dad agreed also, and added one interesting caveat: "If God wanted to make everything appear as such, he could."

As a conservative, I educate my kids to find out for themselves. I give them my opinion and let them know that it's just my opinion. I strive to give them the tools they need to sort though the bullshit and get the hard facts. As a person with strong faith, I don't think God would expect any less actually.

rdean, are you trying to tell us blacks and Mexicans are not welcome in the Republican Party? Your propaganda knows NO shame, and obviously no bounds.

Please, explain.

Ever notice how it's the racists like rdean always calling everyone else a racist? Appalling........

I definitely feel African Americans are extremely racist unfortunately, just like many liberals. The trigger word you speak of unleashes black racism.

I think rdean's and black racism needs to be challenged.

I think racists suck.

A common cry of many conservatives is that, in general, our institutions of higher learning in this country (colleges, universities, etc.) are "liberal." They teach "liberal concepts," they cater to liberals, all of the professors are liberals, and so forth. Let's assume, for sake of argument, that this is correct - that our colleges and universities are, for the most part, liberal.

What is it about our colleges and universities that makes them liberal, in your opinion and why do you think they became so, as opposed to leaning more toward conservative thought?
It's simple, really.

Liberal: : broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms

Conservative: a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : traditional

Liberalism lends itself to learning, exploring, and understanding. Conservatism lends itself to repeating the past.

Exactly, a liberal has no idea how to fix anything because they are allergic to the accepted practice of work. If a liberal owns it, it will either rot, or they will call a conservative to clean up their mess. And a conservative will, for the good of the many.

;)

Exactly, a liberal has no idea how to fix anything because they are allergic to the accepted practice of work. If a liberal owns it, it will either rot, or they will call a conservative to clean up their mess. And a conservative will, for the good of the many.

;)

So, all repairmen are conservatives? I want to see something that tracks that.

Forum List

Back