Liberal Business Owner Says He Will Be Hurt By Minimum Wage Hike

He only has to compete with other businesses...

and they all will go down the shitter together. :up:

......... :up_yours:

Since less than 5% of American workers make minimum wage, and since most businesses paying that wage will be able to handle an increase, as they always have,

maybe we're better off without the tiny percentage who can't handle it, and 'go down the shitter'.

You want to hire an American citizen to work for you....you need to pay him or her enough to live a decent American lifestyle. Period. That is part of fulfilling your end of the bargain.
They will always be poor, period.
No matter how much you raise MW all you are doing is dragging down the middle class buying power, not hurting the rich.
Case in point look at Australia, look at my trade industrial maintenance, I dont make much less then them and things cost cheaper where I live

Since the minimum wage has actually fallen for the last 45 years, middle class prosperity in this country should be off charts!!!!

Is it?
So you get it? My wages wont go up to offset the higher prices, no ones will Except some unions whos contracts are tied to the MW its trickle up poor

Now.....for all you geniuses.....tell me how any of that is Wal Marts fault.........
That is no longer the point. We have to look at reality.

Through political correctness and the constant lowering of standards and expectations, we have essentially created an underclass of people who, while almost completely unskilled, have been filled with an artificial "self esteem" that makes them expect more and more for no added value: Confident Idiots American Students Growing More Confident Less Capable. These people exist, and there's not a damn thing we can do about that.

This, on top of the traditional amount of people who simply don't have the capacity to fend for themselves without some public assistance.

There is only one private place to turn for these people, and that's American business. Not because it's the responsibility of American business to put food on the table of these people, but because it's either that or public assistance and even more dependence on government.

It is what it is: A choice between two bad options.

That's what "you didn't build that, someone ELSE made that happen" is all about: Business, we need your money.

We've already passed the tipping point, now we just have to deal with it.

Sorry, we claw our way back...and you don't do that by scapegoating innocent people....businesses aren't the problem...government is....so if we have people who can't provide for themselves than we take care of them until we fix the democrat controlled education system and get those who can support themselves educated and trained....

putting the problem off on innocent businesses only perpetuates the problem......which is what democrats want.....

If you want businesses to have free rein without government oversight and regulation,

you end up back in the hell that was the Industrial Revolution of the 19th century.

I'm beginning to believe that most conservatives think that would be a good thing...

What makes you think that?

90301_600.jpg

He only has to compete with other businesses...

and they all will go down the shitter together. :up:

......... :up_yours:

Since less than 5% of American workers make minimum wage, and since most businesses paying that wage will be able to handle an increase, as they always have,

maybe we're better off without the tiny percentage who can't handle it, and 'go down the shitter'.
yea, we know liberals are anti small Business, are anti competition are against jobs, we see it in these posts and they want fucking GE and Walmart to own everything

They say if a business Can not pay a living wage, they should go out of Business and no one knows what the fuck that means on a national MW Because if you lived good at $12 bucks An hour in South Carolina you would need to make $35 bucks An hour in New York city, to live the same Fucking way.

So you get it? My wages wont go up to offset the higher prices, no ones will

dude, you are the one so proud of finding a job in a right to work for less state. Don't start bitching now about your pay. That would make you a hypocrite.

You ever notice that it is ON:Y the right wingers on here that bitch about a modest price increase that MAY happen. OR it MAY NOT happen. But it is only the right wingers that are bat shit crazy about increasing prices.
I can only figure that the right wingers on here are failures when it comes to working. The people on the left who have good jobs and good income just aren't as freaked out about an increase in MW.

Anyone else notice this? Is it true that only the left wingers on here are successful in life? Seems to be that way to me.

They say if a business Can not pay a living wage,

Is there any chance that you know the difference between a "minimum wage job" and a "living wage job"?
Any chance at all?

Here is a clue. A minimum wage job is not a living wage. Maybe two minimum wage jobs together can provide a living wage. But not one MW job by itself. It might provide subsistence (a MW job) but you won't be doing any real living where you get to enjoy some of the nicer things on MW.

dude, you are the one so proud of finding a job in a right to work for less state. Don't start bitching now about your pay. That would make you a hypocrite.

You ever notice that it is ON:Y the right wingers on here that bitch about a modest price increase that MAY happen. OR it MAY NOT happen. But it is only the right wingers that are bat shit crazy about increasing prices.
I can only figure that the right wingers on here are failures when it comes to working. The people on the left who have good jobs and good income just aren't as freaked out about an increase in MW.

Anyone else notice this? Is it true that only the left wingers on here are successful in life? Seems to be that way to me.

Hibbs said this: "We’re for a living wage, for a minimum wage, in principle. ."

Where am I bitching butt hurt fool? Again dumb ass I live on a lake and make 75 grand a year fag and my smokes are $1.19 a pack

My concerns again who buy into the liberal propaganda like the OPs link, like gruber lies on Obama care, god damn you are a fool

You want to hire an American citizen to work for you....you need to pay him or her enough to live a decent American lifestyle. Period. That is part of fulfilling your end of the bargain.
No matter how much you raise MW all you are doing is dragging down the middle class buying power, not hurting the rich.
Case in point look at Australia, look at my trade industrial maintenance, I dont make much less then them and things cost cheaper where I live

Since the minimum wage has actually fallen for the last 45 years, middle class prosperity in this country should be off charts!!!!

Is it?
So you get it? My wages wont go up to offset the higher prices, no ones will Except some unions whos contracts are tied to the MW its trickle up poor

The only thing you and have in common in this thread is that neither of us know what you're talking about in that post.

Where am I bitching butt hurt fool?

See those bolded words that you wrote? That was YOU bitching that IF someones else's wages went up, that yours wouldn't..Because you work in a right to work for less state and don't benefit from union contracts.

You know you should be making a lot more than you do now, right? You being the main man of the facility, who all the engineers and such come to. They are laughing their asses off at the amount of work they get out of you for the pay they give you. You think an engineer in your plant only makes 75k? And you know 10x what he does? LMAO.

So I guess you're prepared to ignore the mathematical impossibility which shows that a man employing one worker is going to see his costs rise by $80,000 per year.

They say if a business Can not pay a living wage, they should go out of Business and no one knows what the fuck that means on a national MW Because if you lived good at $12 bucks An hour in South Carolina you would need to make $35 bucks An hour in New York city, to live the same Fucking way.
Where are low income workers in NYC supposed to live without the taxpayer providing a subsidy?

I love this response from JPeron, at the end of the abc article-

Turning profitable business into charity cases, reliant on crowd sourcing, is a recipe for long term disaster—but then so was the $15 per hour minimum wage and that didn't stop voters. The problem is that everyone imagines they will get the new wage and "the other guy" will be the one who loses his job. Fools.

There is one basic thing to consider: you can force business to pay $15 per hour, but you can't make the employee worth $15 an hour. In those cases, bye bye employee. In addition, while you can force the employer to pay $15 per hour, you can't make consumers pay the higher prices, all you do is destroy small businesses and send more customers to build up an Amazon monopoly, Amazon who'll make sure their warehouses located so as to pay the lowest wage they can.

He has more than one location.
And warehouse workers.
So I guess you're prepared to ignore the mathematical impossibility which shows that a man employing one worker is going to see his costs rise by $80,000 per year.

Is it?

So apparently minimum wage workers are the only people who shouldn't want a raise.

That's mildly insane.

Hibbs said this: "We’re for a living wage, for a minimum wage, in principle. ."

Is it?

So apparently minimum wage workers are the only people who shouldn't want a raise.

That's mildly insane.
So what are you then? A 65 year old woman? A 22 year old little girl with 6 babys on welfare?

In my world I get raises when Companies are plentiful In the local area or I move to them that want and need my skills

if there is no companys I cant make demands, but if I can just push my tool box down the block and get another great job, the last job will say wait a second we will match it

Forum List

Back