Liberal Business Owner Says He Will Be Hurt By Minimum Wage Hike

He's open 70 hours a week. At 15 per hour no way is this going to cost him an additional 80k a year.

He could quit and work for Walmart for 17 years and retire very comfortably.

You want a raise, you increase your worth, dear.
You want to hire an American citizen to work for you....you need to pay him or her enough to live a decent American lifestyle. Period. That is part of fulfilling your end of the bargain.
They will always be poor, period.
No matter how much you raise MW all you are doing is dragging down the middle class buying power, not hurting the rich.
Case in point look at Australia, look at my trade industrial maintenance, I dont make much less then them and things cost cheaper where I live

Since the minimum wage has actually fallen for the last 45 years, middle class prosperity in this country should be off charts!!!!

Is it?
So you get it? My wages wont go up to offset the higher prices, no ones will Except some unions whos contracts are tied to the MW its trickle up poor

So apparently minimum wage workers are the only people who shouldn't want a raise.

That's mildly insane.

I can't count on both hands I Quit fucking jobs and they tried to get me back

every small business shuts the doors and declares bankruptcy every time they raise min wage ..

es

See how that works again? You are dealing with me that has skills and wisdom ,companies want me..they always do

I ignore most head Hunters

He's open 70 hours a week. At 15 per hour no way is this going to cost him an additional 80k a year.

So by 2018 there will be no comic book stores left in San Francisco?

I'm guessing that's not true.

So you get it? My wages wont go up to offset the higher prices, no ones will

dude, you are the one so proud of finding a job in a right to work for less state. Don't start bitching now about your pay. That would make you a hypocrite.

You ever notice that it is ON:Y the right wingers on here that bitch about a modest price increase that MAY happen. OR it MAY NOT happen. But it is only the right wingers that are bat shit crazy about increasing prices.
I can only figure that the right wingers on here are failures when it comes to working. The people on the left who have good jobs and good income just aren't as freaked out about an increase in MW.

Anyone else notice this? Is it true that only the left wingers on here are successful in life? Seems to be that way to me.

Hibbs said this: "We’re for a living wage, for a minimum wage, in principle. ."

You want to hire an American citizen to work for you....you need to pay him or her enough to live a decent American lifestyle. Period. That is part of fulfilling your end of the bargain.
No matter how much you raise MW all you are doing is dragging down the middle class buying power, not hurting the rich.
Case in point look at Australia, look at my trade industrial maintenance, I dont make much less then them and things cost cheaper where I live

Since the minimum wage has actually fallen for the last 45 years, middle class prosperity in this country should be off charts!!!!

Is it?
So you get it? My wages wont go up to offset the higher prices, no ones will Except some unions whos contracts are tied to the MW its trickle up poor

So apparently minimum wage workers are the only people who shouldn't want a raise.

That's mildly insane.
So what are you then? A 65 year old woman? A 22 year old little girl with 6 babys on welfare?

In my world I get raises when Companies are plentiful In the local area or I move to them that want and need my skills

if there is no companys I cant make demands, but if I can just push my tool box down the block and get another great job, the last job will say wait a second we will match it

Speak English. For the sake of the baby Jesus, please speak English.

dude, you are the one so proud of finding a job in a right to work for less state. Don't start bitching now about your pay. That would make you a hypocrite.

You ever notice that it is ON:Y the right wingers on here that bitch about a modest price increase that MAY happen. OR it MAY NOT happen. But it is only the right wingers that are bat shit crazy about increasing prices.
I can only figure that the right wingers on here are failures when it comes to working. The people on the left who have good jobs and good income just aren't as freaked out about an increase in MW.

Anyone else notice this? Is it true that only the left wingers on here are successful in life? Seems to be that way to me.

Is it?

That's mildly insane.
So what are you then? A 65 year old woman? A 22 year old little girl with 6 babys on welfare?

In my world I get raises when Companies are plentiful In the local area or I move to them that want and need my skills

if there is no companys I cant make demands, but if I can just push my tool box down the block and get another great job, the last job will say wait a second we will match it

peak English. For the sake of the baby Jesus, please speak English.
Sorry I Don't speak elbonics for you

So please remind me again what are you?

A 65 year old women

Or a 22 year old with 6 kids?

Is it?

That's mildly insane.

Btw, please amuse me what was Profession are you?

Bet you will never tell us:)

You are probably like zeke, unemployed don't know what the big deal about Obama care is as long as you get your monthly check

You are dealing with me that has skills and wisdom ,companies want me..they always do

LMAO. Bear, speak English??? Not hardly. If he (bear) spoke English, think of all the laughs you would miss.

You are dealing with me that has skills and wisdom ,companies want me..they always do

LMAO. Bear, speak English??? Not hardly. If he (bear) spoke English, think of all the laughs you would miss.

We know what you hire would not speak English or be legal, but we would not want to take away your slave labor..

No one has done the math on this guy's claim that the additional cost to this guy's business is going to be $80,000 per year. He's flat out lying.

He's already paying $29,000 per year for one employee for 70 hours a week. The increase would raise his total cost to $54,600 per year, which is an increase of $25,600. And that's after the full increase kicks in, which isn't until a few years down the road.

It strikes me that his whole membership charge is just a way of suckering people in to give him money for nothing.

The story makes no sense. He had only one employee and he claims his costs are going up by $80,000 per year. He'd have to have that employee working 27 hours a day, 365 days a year to see his costs go up by that amount.
The employer not only pays the employee an hourly rate but also pays a matching amount of social security and Medicare taxes for the employee and pays State and Federal unemployment tax. Seems you forgot to calculate these into your equation..nice try though

The story makes no sense. He had only one employee and he claims his costs are going up by $80,000 per year. He'd have to have that employee working 27 hours a day, 365 days a year to see his costs go up by that amount.
The employer not only pays the employee an hourly rate but also pays a matching amount of social security and Medicare taxes for the employee and pays State and Federal unemployment tax. Seems you forgot to calculate these into your equation..nice try though
Nice try yourself! That would be roughly 4k more. A long way from 80k.

He only has to compete with other businesses who have to pay the same wage.
So you don't understand the problem do you stupid? Let me try, the 10 dollar and hour worker has done NOTHING but change the numbers idiot.

The 10 dollar an hour worker IF they still have a job just got SET BACK on wages vs cost. The GOVERNMENT is getting the money you retard.

The worker just gets to hold it for a few minutes. ALL you did was change a number you moron NOT his lifestyle.

A dollar an hour increase in the minimum wage is $40 a week, $160 a month with probably $120 a month takehome.
You never worked for a living, did you?

He only has to compete with other businesses who have to pay the same wage.
So you don't understand the problem do you stupid? Let me try, the 10 dollar and hour worker has done NOTHING but change the numbers idiot.

The 10 dollar an hour worker IF they still have a job just got SET BACK on wages vs cost. The GOVERNMENT is getting the money you retard.

The worker just gets to hold it for a few minutes. ALL you did was change a number you moron NOT his lifestyle.

A dollar an hour increase in the minimum wage is $40 a week, $160 a month with probably $120 a month takehome.
You never worked for a living, did you?

Are you addicted to being an asshole?

You want a raise, you increase your worth, dear.

Is it?

That's mildly insane.
That is not where raises come from

Raises come from demand for your skills, someone else wants your skills, the market for those skills increases the wage. Increase your worth with no demand and your employer just keeps the extra profit

That is what is happening today dear

Forum List

Back