Liberal anti-Mormon bigotry on rise

Romney seeks evangelical votes - Chicago Tribune

In a speech at conservative Christian Liberty University - where it is taught that Mormonism is a cult - Romney stressed their common goal of service to God and declared his opposition to gay marriage, a position essential for winning the majority of evangelicals in November.

Mormon and Evangelical bigotry brings the two groups together. Isn't that "special"?

And what in all that you just posted indicates that it's bigotry that brings them together?

36% of evangelicals don't like voting for mormons, 41% of non-religious, 43% of liberals, 32% of moderates, those are all scary numbers. If Romney were a fiscally conservative small gov't type I'd happily vote for him, sad that's not the case but couldn't care less about his religious affiliation.

I have a feeling a lot of it is because of Romney in terms of democrats saying they're anti-mormon. Let's say Barack Obama was replaced by Harry Reid and the 2012 election was Harry Reid vs Mike Huckabee, I'm sure the numbers wouldn't have moved so drastically.

I'm sure you could find even higher percentages of people that don't like voting for Democrats or Republicans. If your stats held water then Romney wouldn't be in the lead. That Romney will win, that's what's "scary" to you. Don't try to mask your feelings with some silly stats brah.

I'm not someone who gives a damn about presidential polls in June, he's not in the lead in anything cuz nothing has started. Both sides have plenty of people who hate mormons purely because of their religion, I think it sucks.

I don't like authoritarian fascists like Romney or Obama, I'll let you kids battle it out and pretend the outcome matters.

Is it liberal developing an anti-mormon attitude

Or is it Liberals with a continueing anti right attitude in which they mask it with an anti-mormon attitude?

If Romney was Catholic, I bet libs will develop an anti-Catholic attitude around election time too.

Good platform for Romney:

If you don't vote for me, you're a bigot.

Was that not implied in Obama's 2008 platform

Don't vote for me, then you are a racist?

Sunk the Clinton campaign pretty nicely, huh?

In short--the Romney campaign has to take into account of anti-mormon attitudes on the right, since Romney need right leaning voters to strongly support him.

Liberals refusing to vote for a Republican? Tell me, do you really think that is news?

Good platform for Romney:

If you don't vote for me, you're a bigot.

No, his experience and all he bold stances the took in Illinois were the reasons.

Like the stance against the Iraq war--considering he had no skin in the making of that decision.

Or how about all the times he voted present, right. It takes real chutzpah to vote present and abstain from voting on the really important stuff.

The more I think about it--the more I wish Hillary ran against McCain. At least the Clintons had experience in turning an economy aroun in four years. How in the hell did Obama win against that?

I know--the pain of the economy was not present during the Democratic primaries. There was a slight depression in the markets, but nothing to alarm the public over.

No, his experience and all he bold stances the took in Illinois were the reasons.

Like the stance against the Iraq war--considering he had no skin in the making of that decision.

Or how about all the times he voted present, right. It takes real chutzpah to vote present and abstain from voting on the really important stuff.

The more I think about it--the more I wish Hillary ran against McCain. At least the Clintons had experience in turning an economy aroun in four years. How in the hell did Obama win against that?

I know--the pain of the economy was not present during the Democratic primaries. There was a slight depression in the markets, but nothing to alarm the public over.

I'm with ya as you said previously, they're just pretending to be more anti-mormon because Romney is a mormon.

If the election were Santorum vs Reid, you'd see big upswings in anti-mormon views among groups that mainly vote republican.

with a mormon presidential candiate more people are looking into the religion.

They then realize it has SECRETS.

people dont trust religions that keep secrets from all other people.

with a mormon presidential candiate more people are looking into the religion.

They then realize it has SECRETS.

people dont trust religions that keep secrets from all other people.

Ooo ooo ooo! Boogie men!

Dude there's like 12 million Mormons. Nobody keeps secrets that well. If they had evil plans to rule the world, you would have heard about it by now. Try not being a kook.

The LDS Mormons are some of the nicest people I've ever met. They are kind giving caring and will literally bend over backwards to help anyone, anywhere.

I'm not religious but I know that of all religions, the LDS's have always shown kindness to those in need.

Forum List

Back