Liberal anti-Mormon bigotry on rise

Bigotry means deciding without knowing the facts.

I know the facts, and dislike and distrust morms.

Does that count?

Last edited:

I know the facts and dislike and distrust morms.

Does that count?

No. You think you know the facts. There is a major difference.

As for the article, the more the left attacks Mormons, the worse their prospects will be this year.

36% of evangelicals don't like voting for mormons, 41% of non-religious, 43% of liberals, 32% of moderates, those are all scary numbers. If Romney were a fiscally conservative small gov't type I'd happily vote for him, sad that's not the case but couldn't care less about his religious affiliation.

I have a feeling a lot of it is because of Romney in terms of democrats saying they're anti-mormon. Let's say Barack Obama was replaced by Harry Reid and the 2012 election was Harry Reid vs Mike Huckabee, I'm sure the numbers wouldn't have moved so drastically.

Religious bigotry is part of the American Narrative, unfortunately, and the libs are as bad but not as bad as the right wing evangelicals and Pentecostals when it comes to Mormonism. Just google and find out.

facepalm.jpg

Any denial of Obamamanians about Mormon bigotry though need only read JoeB and others here from the left of center.

Democrats hate Mormons, Catholics, Jews, Baptists,

All we need is for democrats to be more vocal about it, get the word out.

katzndogz is going loopy again. Dems court Mormons, Catholics, Jews, Baptists, and all American voters. The Pubs do the same thing.

The far lefties like JoeB and the far righties like Katzndogz are the haters.

Romney seeks evangelical votes - Chicago Tribune

In a speech at conservative Christian Liberty University - where it is taught that Mormonism is a cult - Romney stressed their common goal of service to God and declared his opposition to gay marriage, a position essential for winning the majority of evangelicals in November.

Mormon and Evangelical bigotry brings the two groups together. Isn't that "special"?

I know the facts and dislike and distrust morms.

Does that count?

No. You think you know the facts. There is a major difference.

As for the article, the more the left attacks Mormons, the worse their prospects will be this year.

Dislike of all members of a particular faith is prejudice, pure & simple; I know some very conservative Protestants that distrust LDS also however. I hope Romney's nomination lessens that bias. Reid is also LDS, I have heard none of the few truly liberal friends I have express anything but respect for him.

katzndogz is going loopy again. Dems court Mormons, Catholics, Jews, Baptists, and all American voters. The Pubs do the same thing.

The far lefties like JoeB and the far righties like Katzndogz are the haters.

Yeah, I see that all the time.

36% of evangelicals don't like voting for mormons, 41% of non-religious, 43% of liberals, 32% of moderates, those are all scary numbers. If Romney were a fiscally conservative small gov't type I'd happily vote for him, sad that's not the case but couldn't care less about his religious affiliation.

I have a feeling a lot of it is because of Romney in terms of democrats saying they're anti-mormon. Let's say Barack Obama was replaced by Harry Reid and the 2012 election was Harry Reid vs Mike Huckabee, I'm sure the numbers wouldn't have moved so drastically.

I'm sure you could find even higher percentages of people that don't like voting for Democrats or Republicans. If your stats held water then Romney wouldn't be in the lead. That Romney will win, that's what's "scary" to you. Don't try to mask your feelings with some silly stats brah.

Forum List

Back