Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

See also:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jNulPSqaP1eyysv8ENJWhk0ZSrPgD92VJPL00

Sarah must be a Pentecostal, the whole "speaking in tongues" group. Here's a snip of the AP article, regarding her church.

The Assemblies of God, which claims nearly 3 million members, is one of the biggest Pentecostal groups in the U.S. Unlike most other Christians — including most evangelicals — Pentecostals believe in "baptism in the Holy Spirit." That can manifest itself through speaking in tongues, modern-day prophesy and faith healing. The Assemblies of God teaches that spirit baptism must be accompanied by speaking in tongues. Still, some churchgoers never have the experience.

Rob Boston, a spokesman for Americans United for Separation of Church and State, lamented Palin's comments.

"I miss the days when pastors delivered sermons and politicians delivered political speeches," he said. "The United States is increasingly diverse religiously. The job of a president is to unify all those different people and bring them together around policy goals, not to act as a kind of national pastor and bring people to God."

The section of the church's Web site where videos of past sermons were posted was shut down Wednesday, and a message was posted saying that the site "was never intended to handle the traffic it has received in the last few days."

Last edited:
The job of a president is to unify all those different people and bring them together around policy goals, not to act as a kind of national pastor and bring people to God."

well so far they all are doing a pretty shitty job, wouldnt you say ? Or do you see someone that I don't who is uniting the country ?

God's war:

This train of thought was voiced previously by her pastor, in some of his statements about democrats going to hell. She may have picked the gem up from him, then.

It is disturbing that she has a crazy pastor and has gone forth and continued to say the same sorts of things (we are tasked by God with the Iraq war):

Kalnins has preached that the 9/11 attacks and the invasion of Iraq were part of a "world war" over the Christian faith, one in which Jesus Christ had called upon believers to be willing to sacrifice their lives.

Palin's Church May Have Shaped Controversial Worldview

Bat shit insane.

The anti-science stuff is crazy too. Here is an article with a half dozen different anti-science, anti-environemental positions:

Sarah Palin?s Anti-Science and Anti-Environment Policies Are Worrisome Ancora Imparo

It concludes, and I agree,

Eight years of disregard for science and for the environment is enough; I don’t think I want to see someone like this in high office, certainly not in a position where she could become president. If anyone has any examples of Governor Palin promoting science or the environment, please let me know.

Last edited:
Lol....
She didn't claim that the "Iraq war was God's plan". She said to pray for our leaders so that they send our troops out to do God's plan.

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God."
-Sarah Palin, the video you just watched

well so far they all are doing a pretty shitty job, wouldnt you say ? Or do you see someone that I don't who is uniting the country ?

Ya, we all agree they suck.

Sara sucks the most of the current bunch. She is a nutjob. But she can kill and dress a moose for dinner!

Lol....
She didn't claim that the "Iraq war was God's plan". She said to pray for our leaders so that they send our troops out to do God's plan.

She said it is a task from God.

God gave us the task of Iraq.

Iraq is therefore God's plan, and it is fair to therefore call it God's war.

Sorry if that logic is too complicated.

actually that IS what she said and there IS a link to her saying it elsewhere on these boards. I think it's under "Separation of Church and State." I should know. I posted the video of her saying it!

She said it is a task from God.

God gave us the task of Iraq.

Iraq is therefore God's plan, and it is fair to therefore call it God's war.

Sorry if that logic is too complicated.

In your liberal opinion, I tend to listen what people actually say though.

So what ...

That doesn't change the context one single bit!

Yes it does, she said that she wanted everyone to pray for our leaders that would send them out to do God's plan. Not that the Iraq war was God's plan...

What about all the other bat-shit insane stuff, like praying that God helps out with the gasline.

It's liek praying God helps you get an A on the test, to my way of thinking.

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get the gas line built, so pray for that."

Here's a little more:

Like President Bush, Palin employs the holy spirit to justify her policy positions. If it's something you want, like an oil pipeline, you pray He'll help you get it built. If it's a badly mismanaged war (McCain's words) then it's all part of God's plan, be patient.

Todd Palin was a member of the Alaska independence party. Now, I know that Sarah was not, but I just learned that the AIP wants the constitution re-written to more closely conform with the Bible.

It's just a hell of a lot of stuff that does not belong in the White House.

Lol....

what the hell is the difference? Saying that our leaders sending the troops out is God's plan is the same fucking thing considering she's referring to her SON who is going to IRAQ!

fuck. Can you breath with your head shoved that far up your own ass?

Yes it does, she said that she wanted everyone to pray for our leaders that would send them out to do God's plan. Not that the Iraq war was God's plan...

Slow down ... all that spinning must be making you dizzy ...

Forum List

Back