Community Organizers

MartaK

Sep 4, 2008
Wonder how many Community Organizers are on the McCain campaign team? Wonder how they feel being diss'd like that last night?

I am now oraganizing a neighborhood party... So am I a community organizer????

I guess I am now qualified to run for President....SWEET!!!!

I am now oraganizing a neighborhood party... So am I a community organizer????

I guess I am now qualified to run for President....SWEET!!!!

Hey, run for Senate. All you have to do is get your nose brown with the older voters. Kiss babies on the forehead. Play the Campaign game of promises while ignoring questions of a blueprint or roadmap of your general ideas.

Hey, run for Senate. All you have to do is get your nose brown with the older voters. Kiss babies on the forehead. Play the Campaign game of promises while ignoring questions of a blueprint or roadmap of your general ideas.

How true. I think that's why Palin is so refreshing... She hasn't listed specifics yet, but it's nice to hear someone who represents middle America.

How true. I think that's why Palin is so refreshing... She hasn't listed specifics yet, but it's nice to hear someone who represents middle America.

We know how to media thinks of us when try to get power.

The media is scared to death of regular people. That's why they go into journalism. It's their attempt to escape humanity.

I rate this thread an A plus for dishonesty, or outright ignorance of the facts.

Bush's Faith Based Initiative, is based on the concept of community organizing.

Community organizers help farmers, poor people, single mothers, ranchers, and just about every demographic one could think of.

For someone who "represents" middle america it was odd not to hear her say those two words last night huh? :eusa_whistle: :rolleyes:

I don't think the speech was that great but for you Palin fans, I'll take a John McCain ohio ad slogan about Obama and apply it here.

"She can make a great speech, but is she ready to lead?" :doubt:

Last edited:
Here is but one of thousands of job descriptions available via the internet for some of what a Coomunity Organizer is responsible for (and clearly you have never been one or you'd know. It's high-responsibility/low pay, entry level. Typical grunt work for someone entering the arena of public service)
Duties and Responsibilities

Under the supervision of the Project Director-Neighborhood Strategies, the Community Outreach Worker will be responsible for working with existing neighborhood groups, assisting struggling and/or lapsed neighborhood groups to reconvene, and creating new neighborhood groups to address the health risks described above as well as facilitating resolution of other issues identified by the neighborhood groups. Duties include:

1. Working in the Neighborhood Revitalization program to coordinate Core Team activities in target neighborhoods;
2. Facilitating the development of Block Watch programs in cooperation with the Vallejo Police Department;
3. Creating working relationship with existing neighborhood associations in Vallejo when appropriate.
4. Inform clients, representatives, and other organizations about the availability or lack of coverage for uninsured children.
5. Work with the American Lung Association to educate clients on second hand smoke, and smoke-free housing relevant information.
6. Recruit/train parent/community leaders to promote reducing exposure to second hand smoke strategies.

Qualifications

Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, knowledge or experience in the areas of community development. Must have experience working with residents at the neighborhood level. Must demonstrate knowledge of community organizing. Must have experience working on resident-driven activities to improve the quality of life on communities. The following are additional qualifications:

1) Experience bringing residents together to address issues that affect their quality of life;

2) Experience training community members in the areas of leadership, public speaking and advocacy;

3) Knowledge of how local government operates;

4) Knowledge of community policing;

5) Knowledge of the theory and practice of block watch programs;

6) A commitment to improving economic and social conditions of Vallejo residents;

7) Knowledge of alcohol and other drug problems;

8) Familiarity with Vallejo neighborhoods;

9) Strong communication skills;

10) Patience, compassion and flexibility;

11) Own vehicle, with insurance and valid California Drivers License.

Here's another:
Position Responsibilities

• Outreach to tenants in the Rainier Valley including door to door outreach to apartment buildings, presentations to community organizations, mutual aid associations and ethnic associations, and phone calling to tenants who have contacted the Tenants Union.
  • Recruit tenants in the Rainier Valley to become members of the TU and active participants in the Justice in South Seattle Project.
  • Organize leadership development opportunities including trainings on tenants’ rights, economic development, the legislative process and anti-gentrification policy strategies, after receiving training as needed.
  • Provide tenants’ rights counseling on the Tenants Union hotline and walk-in service after receiving extensive training.
  • Complete timesheets, reports and other paperwork as needed in an accurate and timely manner
Required Qualifications

• Commitment to social justice and racial justice
  • Adequate written and verbal communication skills in English
  • Demonstrated experience in grassroots organizing skills including outreach and leadership development.
  • Experience and skills fostering dialogue and connection both within and between diverse race and cultural groups.
  • Commitment to fostering a work environment and organizing campaigns that challenge and undo racist, classist, sexist, homophobic, anti-immigrant and other forms of prejudice and oppression
  • Good personal organization skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize and use time effectively
  • Basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Word and Access, or commitment to learn (training can be provided).
  • Willingness to work some evening and weekend hours
  • Willingness to speak publicly and represent the organization.
Preferred Qualifications

• Bilingual in English and either Spanish, Vietnamese, Somali, Cantonese, Mandarin, Amharic, Tigrinia, Tagalog, or other language spoken by residents of the Rainier Valley
  • Experience participating in grassroots organizing campaigns in a leadership capacity

I rate this thread an A plus for dishonesty, or outright ignorance of the facts.

Community organizers help farmers, poor people, single mothers, ranchers, and just about every demographic one could think of.

Fine--what does that qualify you to do ?

She's no more middle America than you are Santa Claus. What do you really know about her besides what the campaign has allowed you to see? Unless you're from Alaska, or someone with too much time on your hands, you never heard of her before McCain picked her. Suddenly you know all about her and find her qualified to be VP of the most powerful nation on Earth? Wow, I hope you never serve on a jury. You're far too impressionable.

Last edited:
you can't really be that s.........
well, yeh, I guess maybe you can.

So we have a lot of people qualified to run for president.

Our local community organizer is about 65, has about 3 teeth left in her head, a high school education and has lived in this tiny town all her life. She manages an assisted living facility (after a fashion) and a preschool with 5 kids in it. I nominate her for the Democratic Presidential Candidate!

I don't know, she's a troll...but as I think of our community organizer, I'm thinking she's probably had more executive experience than Obama has, as well....because there's actually money and funding involved in the preschool and assisted living facilities.

Has he ever budgeted anything? I know the purchase of his house was a fiasco....

You know... it's nice to know that EVERY MAYOR OF A TOWN WITH A POPULATION OF 9000 is qualified to be VP!

For someone who "represents" middle america it was odd not to hear her say those two words last night huh? :eusa_whistle: :rolleyes:

I don't think the speech was that great but for you Palin fans, I'll take a John McCain ohio ad slogan about Obama and apply it here.

"She can make a great speech, but is she ready to lead?" :doubt:

Almost thought you were talking about Obama. The only person who can actually change this election is a non-Washington elitist. Sen. Obama, Sen. Biden, Sen. McCain. And the below 20% approval rating they bring into this election.

Forum List

Back