Liar-In-Chief Slams Michigan’s Right-To-Work Law During Fiscal Cliff Speech…

so apparently the right and ability to unionize is terrible, and giving employees the ability to collectively bargain for better wages is also terrible.

can someone on the right explain this to everyone? why wouldnt you want to the ability to negotiate better wages and benefits?

Negotiation is one thing....but to allow the unions to bankrupt companies and states, force people to pay dues or join a union when they don't want to, and/or going on strike in the middle of a school year to get their demands met is beyond all reason. Liberals get all hysterical the second someone mentions putting limits on unions, yet I don't hear the liberals screaming bloody murder when unions bankrupt companies and put thousands out of work......why is it that you guys are so hypocritical????

90% huh? I don't buy that.

8 of 12 states with worst unemployment numbers are right to work states. Pretty compelling.

90% of the best states for business are right to work is pretty compelling.

Actually, could be true. Crappy for the working class because business is screwing them over. That's why Kochs tried to buy the election and succeeded in buying pubpots.

That's such an ODD statement, because I AM working class, a self-employed tradesman, and businessman for some 30 years.

Who is screwing me over are the sloth Julias and Big Gov't... not rich folks, who are my customers.

I don't need a FUCKING union, I excel at my work and just need unions and BIG gov 't to get the fuck out of the way and let America be America!

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:
Jaw-dropping lie alert: Obama tells workers right-to-work laws “take away your rights to bargain for better wages,” in reality it stops workers from being forced to join a union as a condition of employment. Nothing in those laws relates to collective bargaining. So he’s either grossly misinformed or lying his ass off.

video and comments at site
Liar-In-Chief Slams Michigan’s Right-To-Work Law During Fiscal Cliff Speech… | Weasel Zippers

So this is what the Loser in Chief is doing right now. Campaigning in Michigan while we get closer to the Fiscal Cliff. Glad to see this fuckstick has his priorities straight.

Obama is nothing but a shit stirrer and is tearing this country apart

horrible person and President

He has to. The Unions are important to him. If people are free to make their own choices, the unions grow weaker.

You bet.

He spent millions of our tax dollars bailing out the UAW. Of course he fears the RTW States. No union power and money. No big bucks rolling into the DNC.

Gotta laugh. He can come off like he cares about we the people but he only cares about some of we the people. What an asshole he truly is.

What happened to the Democrats motto of, Freedom of Choice?

I guess that only applies to choice's THEY WANT

so apparently the right and ability to unionize is terrible, and giving employees the ability to collectively bargain for better wages is also terrible.

can someone on the right explain this to everyone? why wouldnt you want to the ability to negotiate better wages and benefits?

False sense of self-worth. They are concerned that they will be a more valuable employee than one or more other employees, but will be compensated the same. This is, of course, delusional on their part. They will happily take less as long as they can say that they get more than someone else.

If I'm a conscientious, hard-working union member, why shouldn't I get paid more than the lazy slob working beside me? The contract says we both make the same. Therefore, I have no incentive to continue being conscientious and hard-working. Why should I bust my ass when I can get paid for sitting on my ass like the guy next to me?

Our company has the same union as Hostess did (which makes no sense, we aren't even associated with the food industry!).....they have NOT made things better for the factory workers.

Once a new employee has a 6 months in, they're making the same amount of money as the people that have worked here 20 years, doing the same job. In fact, EVERYONE in the factory make the same per hr. They also bargained for their 35 cents an hr raise each year, and $1150.00 bonus each December 1st.

Guess what? I work in the office, which is non union (I worked in the factory in the union for 6 yrs). When the union people got their 35 cent raise, i got my 75 cent raise. When they got their $1150.00 bonus, we in the office also got the same bonus. I make more an hour than any of the factory workers make....and i don't have to pay anyone to negotiate for me!

I have the very same benefits as the factory people do, and i don't have to pay DUES! The ONLY thing i don't have that they do is a pension. But i have my 401K that the company matches and also every December they put a percentage of my years wages into my 401K to boost it up.

In Lansing today they are expecting thousands of protesters. The police are out in full force....because the unions don't want to give people the CHOICE.

SIGN THAT BILL GOVERNOR SNYDER.....DON'T BACK DOWN!

False sense of self-worth. They are concerned that they will be a more valuable employee than one or more other employees, but will be compensated the same. This is, of course, delusional on their part. They will happily take less as long as they can say that they get more than someone else.

If I'm a conscientious, hard-working union member, why shouldn't I get paid more than the lazy slob working beside me? The contract says we both make the same. Therefore, I have no incentive to continue being conscientious and hard-working. Why should I bust my ass when I can get paid for sitting on my ass like the guy next to me?

Our company has the same union as Hostess did (which makes no sense, we aren't even associated with the food industry!).....they have NOT made things better for the factory workers.

Once a new employee has a 6 months in, they're making the same amount of money as the people that have worked here 20 years, doing the same job. In fact, EVERYONE in the factory make the same per hr. They also bargained for their 35 cents an hr raise each year, and $1150.00 bonus each December 1st.

Guess what? I work in the office, which is non union (I worked in the factory in the union for 6 yrs). When the union people got their 35 cent raise, i got my 75 cent raise. When they got their $1150.00 bonus, we in the office also got the same bonus. I make more an hour than any of the factory workers make....and i don't have to pay anyone to negotiate for me!

I have the very same benefits as the factory people do, and i don't have to pay DUES! The ONLY thing i don't have that they do is a pension. But i have my 401K that the company matches and also every December they put a percentage of my years wages into my 401K to boost it up.

In Lansing today they are expecting thousands of protesters. The police are out in full force....because the unions don't want to give people the CHOICE.

Everyone in the factory makes the same pay per hour? Really?

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:
Jaw-dropping lie alert: Obama tells workers right-to-work laws “take away your rights to bargain for better wages,” in reality it stops workers from being forced to join a union as a condition of employment. Nothing in those laws relates to collective bargaining. So he’s either grossly misinformed or lying his ass off.

Liar-In-Chief Slams Michigan’s Right-To-Work Law During Fiscal Cliff Speech… | Weasel Zippers

Why is he flying around the country making these speeches? Is there something wrong with the Oval Office and the WH Press Room that we don't know about?

Because all he's ever done in life is be an agitator, he has no idea how to lead and get stuff done without inciting hatred in people for some kind of "enemy".

I can't believe people voted for this KIND of hate and division from their President, AGAIN

we'll be lucky to get through this

Last edited:
They have an ad out here in Michigan right now. Sort of a pro worker choice message. They say they support all workers. It is a right to work ad.

The media was playing up the protesters yesterday. There really weren't that many in attendence. I suspect the unions will send some folks in to get arrested and cause a disturbance. The state poilce will be ready this time.

Everyone in the factory makes the same pay per hour? Really?

Yes...the do...ALL production workers in the union make the same. Every one of them, no matter what their job is or how long they've been here, all make the same amount and get the same raises. Which i think is bullshit....but that's what they voted for!

They're busing people in to protest!
How in hell can they do that? People that don't even live here in Michigan will be here starting trouble.
Of course they're all union members, so i know they're just supporting the unions here in Michigan. But that doesn't show the true story. They expect thousands to show up, how many are actually from Michigan? Snyder needs to just SIGN THE BILL!

video at site
Worse President EVER

SNIP:

It's probably about 50/50 on lying or misinformed now as the left loves to say Obama won which he did so Mr President how about you stop with campaign speeches and get back to D.C. and do your job.
He has yet to do his job. America has been waiting since 08.

They're busing people in to protest!
How in hell can they do that? People that don't even live here in Michigan will be here starting trouble.
Of course they're all union members, so i know they're just supporting the unions here in Michigan. But that doesn't show the true story. They expect thousands to show up, how many are actually from Michigan? Snyder needs to just SIGN THE BILL!

Sounds like the protesters are outnumbered. It doesn't take many state troopers to clear the capital grounds. The streets around the capital are narrow. Its pretty easy to stop the busses a great distance away. Snowing this morning too.

Forum List

Back