CDZ Let's talk about bump-stocks, banana clips and other gun accessories

17 were shot , thats one 20 round magazine thats already loaded in the rifle . And with a spare in the back pocket thats 40 rounds . So say he had 4 - 20 rounders . Thats 2 in a pair of cargo pants pockets , one in a back pocket and one in the Rifle for 80 rounds at the ready . ------------------------ BAN Cargo pants , but before you do that realize that it wouldn't be a big load in a pair of blue jeans or loose fitting 'hip hopper' type pants . ------------------------------ i hope that 'diane feinstein' doesn't see this post .

Simply slide them in your belt.......it isn't as if he is running an obstacle course....
I remember the day of Israel's first press conference on the shooting, he said the shooter had "countless magazines" (I think he actually said "clips"). They must have been somewhere--Cruz wasn't wearing them around in Walmart afterward. I'm guessing he had a belt and dropped it prior to leaving the school.

17 were shot , thats one 20 round magazine thats already loaded in the rifle . And with a spare in the back pocket thats 40 rounds . So say he had 4 - 20 rounders . Thats 2 in a pair of cargo pants pockets , one in a back pocket and one in the Rifle for 80 rounds at the ready . ------------------------ BAN Cargo pants , but before you do that realize that it wouldn't be a big load in a pair of blue jeans or loose fitting 'hip hopper' type pants . ------------------------------ i hope that 'diane feinstein' doesn't see this post .

Simply slide them in your belt.......it isn't as if he is running an obstacle course....
I remember the day of Israel's first press conference on the shooting, he said the shooter had "countless magazines" (I think he actually said "clips"). They must have been somewhere--Cruz wasn't wearing them around in Walmart afterward. I'm guessing he had a belt and dropped it prior to leaving the school.
-------------------------------------------------------- i think that 'israel' has been saying lots of things hasn't he ?? He may have said the word COUNTLESS because that word is more dramatic than him saying that the murderer had 3 loaded magazines in his pockets and one in the gun for a total of 80 rounds . Course i don't know but all the murderer needed was 17 rounds OldLady .

maybe its just me but i don't care how many magazines the murderer had as i see worrying about that silly detail as being silly . Murderer only needed 'one 20 round magazine' to kill the kids .

During Infantry AIT and OCS, I was trained in firing every weapon in the Army inventory from a 5.56 mm M16 to a 106 mm Recoilless Rifle, so i am dismayed by the hysterical responses and faux expertise posted in this CDZ thread. As far as automatic weapons are concerned, their principal advantage is not their rate of fire, but their ammunition capacity. That is why the M16(AR15) came with an expanded 20 round magazine. This was designed as an offensive military weapons, not for self defense. (The M1911 Colt .50 caliber pistol was designed for the latter.)

Being a gun aficionado, I have also fired Uzi, Schmeisser, Ithaca and Thompson submachine guns at firing ranges, but their private ownership is strictly regulated by the AFT. SUMMARY OF STATE AND FEDERAL MACHINE GUN LAWS From what I have observed, the desire to own military-derived weapons stems more from their macho image than from legitimate hunting or self defense purposes. If it takes you 20 shots to bring down a deer, you shouldn't be hunting. (My bolt-action 30.06 worked just fine.)

Do any of you favor any restrictions on the private ownership of these weapons? Please be civil in your responses.

The 2nd has nothing to do with hunting.

-------------------------------------------------------- i think that 'israel' has been saying lots of things hasn't he ?? He may have said the word COUNTLESS because that word is more dramatic than him saying that the murderer had 3 loaded magazines in his pockets and one in the gun for a total of 80 rounds . Course i don't know but all the murderer needed was 17 rounds OldLady .
The coach took eight bullets. The victims (dead and alive) that I've heard details about had all taken three bullets or more. Try reality.

The coach took eight bullets. The victims (dead and alive) that I've heard details about had all taken three bullets or more. Try reality.
------------------------------------------------------ well go ahead , worry about how many magazines the murderer had , thats ok but it is unimportant to me OldLady

------------------------------------------------------ well go ahead , worry about how many magazines the murderer had , thats ok but it is unimportant to me OldLady
Of course it's unimportant to you, after making numerous silly ignorant posts about the number he needed.
I was just curious where a mass shooter keeps all those magazines.

its unimportant , murderer had enough to do the murders . Besides that if you are really just curious about this silly detail then do some googling on vests designed to carry AR Mags , Or checkout the info showing a magazine bearing vest already posted by another poster OldLady .

just check out post number 42 to see a method of how the murderer could have carried his real or imagined supply of magazines . Also remember that a 300 pound male football coach that takes 8 rounds does not represent the usually littler , smaller kids OldLady .

Of course it's unimportant to you, after making numerous silly ignorant posts about the number he needed.
I was just curious where a mass shooter keeps all those magazines.

His purse?

aw , he had the ammo to do his murderous work so doesn't matter to me how much he had or how many magazines he had as its a silly side issue as far as i am concerned .

This thread is a perfect example of how the media is definitely succeeding in doing its job. How is it even possible to be half ass on the second amendment? you want us to have guns but only up to a certain type and then after that only the government, who clearly only has our best interests at heart at all times; can have the hardcore shit. You people are crazier than any single lone gun nut because there's millions of you and you're going to damage this country worse than any whack job could shooting up a school or a country concert

Imagine if they tried that with newspapers and news shows.....they can only report happy stories after they are approved by the government by journalists who have to pass a government test and get a government license to report government approved news.....

During Infantry AIT and OCS, I was trained in firing every weapon in the Army inventory from a 5.56 mm M16 to a 106 mm Recoilless Rifle, so i am dismayed by the hysterical responses and faux expertise posted in this CDZ thread. As far as automatic weapons are concerned, their principal advantage is not their rate of fire, but their ammunition capacity. That is why the M16(AR15) came with an expanded 20 round magazine. This was designed as an offensive military weapons, not for self defense. (The M1911 Colt .50 caliber pistol was designed for the latter.)

Being a gun aficionado, I have also fired Uzi, Schmeisser, Ithaca and Thompson submachine guns at firing ranges, but their private ownership is strictly regulated by the AFT. SUMMARY OF STATE AND FEDERAL MACHINE GUN LAWS From what I have observed, the desire to own military-derived weapons stems more from their macho image than from legitimate hunting or self defense purposes. If it takes you 20 shots to bring down a deer, you shouldn't be hunting. (My bolt-action 30.06 worked just fine.)

Do any of you favor any restrictions on the private ownership of these weapons? Please be civil in your responses.

From what I have observed, the desire to own military-derived weapons stems more from their macho image than from legitimate hunting or self defense purposes.

So.....military derived weapons should not be owned by civilians? That was the entire purpose of the 2nd Amendment...to begin with. Then, according to your belief, pump action shotguns, bolt action rifles, revolvers, lever action rifles....those are military derived weapons that should not be owned by civilians?

There are 8 million AR-15s in private hands....there are millions more semi auto rifles with different features......and a handful of the in any given year are used for crime.....

Unless there is a major societal problem...which there isn't.....there is no Constitutional way the government can prohibit ownership of these weapons...

Knives are used to murder more people every single year than rifles of any type.....clubs and empty hands murder more people than all rifles as well....

What interests me is the fixation you and others have on rifles that harm no one, are not used by their owners to commit any crimes? You would think you would focus your time and energy trying to keep actual gun criminals in jail, where they can't harm people, rather than fixating on weapons that are harmless in the hands of over 8 million people...

As many experts on firearms will testify.....the AR-15 and all the other semi auto rifles are great self defense rifles.....for many reasons. That you don't like them is fine, I have no issue with that....but if you support banning them or confiscating them, then you have no idea what you are doing....and no Right to do it as well.

and isn't it true that MOST all the military guns originally came from the private sector '2aguy' ??

The Right to Bear Arms (i.e. the 2nd Amendment) was seen by our Founding Fathers as the last check against tyranny. They knew that the best line of defense against a standing army was an armed populace.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."

- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

"If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."

- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

A little history lesson: The Federalist Papers were arguments in favor of a U.S. Constitution that did not include ANY Amendments, which were later added by the States as a condition of their ratification. Furthermore, these Amendments only applied to the Federal Government, not to the States (who reserved the right to maintain militias against federal or foreign invasion).

Forum List

Back