CDZ Let's talk about bump-stocks, banana clips and other gun accessories

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I am a firm believer that we have an inalienable right to defend our lives and liberty by any reasonable means, including the use of firearms. However, I do not believe this right extends to owning weapons and accessories designed to inflict mass casualties. That is why I oppose their manufacture, sale or possession by private individuals. (I also believe that possession of a gun during the commission of a felony should result in an additional 10 year jail sentence.)

The Second Amendment does not protect the private ownership of machine guns, so why should weapons and accessories that mimic them be protected?
I do not see this as a panacea for mass shootings, but I do think there should be some limits on their availability to dangerous and mentally unstable people. Would that constitute an intolerable imposition on the rest of us?

No ones cares about bump stocks the NRA has already been on record supporting their ban....

I am a firm believer that we have an inalienable right to defend our lives and liberty by any reasonable means, including the use of firearms. However, I do not believe this right extends to owning weapons and accessories designed to inflict mass casualties. That is why I oppose their manufacture, sale or possession by private individuals. (I also believe that possession of a gun during the commission of a felony should result in an additional 10 year jail sentence.)

The Second Amendment does not protect the private ownership of machine guns, so why should weapons and accessories that mimic them be protected?
I do not see this as a panacea for mass shootings, but I do think there should be some limits on their availability to dangerous and mentally unstable people. Would that constitute an intolerable imposition on the rest of us?
Great! Another person who feeds from the media.

why do you think it doesnt protect the right to own machine guns?

and bump stocks , i don't care but i would fight the ban as i don't want to GIVE an INCH , based simply on Principle . Magazines , most mags that are called high capacity are simply NORMAL Capacity magazines that the gun was designed to accept for reliable use . Those would be 5, 10 , 20 and 30 round magazines made for the AR15 . ------------------- now there are weird variants like 200 round magazine that are just unreliable and stupid toys which would also make an AR weight about 100 pounds [thereabouts] .

There's a bump stock holding up my pants even now.

No ones cares about bump stocks the NRA has already been on record supporting their ban....
Yet I read in my paper this a.m. that the Maine legislature thinks it is too "complicated" an issue to consider with only three weeks left in the session.
Not even this will be considered.

Banning bumpstocks is a feelz thing. It wont do crap. 95% of america didnt even know what they were until vegas..
You can make them out of a rubber band or a belt even :rolleyes:

Semi automatic weapons do NOT mimic full auto, never have never will. And the size of a magazine has nothing to do with anything.
Explain why there is no difference between reloading every five bullets and reloading every thirty.

Semi automatic weapons do NOT mimic full auto, never have never will. And the size of a magazine has nothing to do with anything.
Explain why there is no difference between reloading every five bullets and reloading every thirty.
Look retard the time it takes to change a magazine is about 1 second. Or less.

and bump stocks , i don't care but i would fight the ban as i don't want to GIVE an INCH , based simply on Principle . Magazines , most mags that are called high capacity are simply NORMAL Capacity magazines that the gun was designed to accept for reliable use . Those would be 5, 10 , 20 and 30 round magazines made for the AR15 . ------------------- now there are weird variants like 200 round magazine that are just unreliable and stupid toys which would also make an AR weight about 100 pounds [thereabouts] .
------------------------------------------ with 20 rounders being the favorite in my unofficial survey . The 30 rounders are too long in some cases for some people . And the 5 rounders are made for hunting and most 10 round mags are mags of a capacity that has been forced on Americans in some areas .

There is a fundamental right to possess firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense.

That right is not absolute, however, and subject to regulations and restrictions by government, including the banning of AR platform rifles, which is consistent with the Second Amendment.

There is a fundamental right to possess firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense.

That right is not absolute, however, and subject to regulations and restrictions by government, including the banning of AR platform rifles, which is consistent with the Second Amendment.

Yes banning rifles for purely cosmetic reasons is Constitutional but that doesn't mean it isn't fucking stupid

Not being able to own and possess semiautomatic rifles with high capacity magazines would defeat the intention of the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back