Let's talk a little bit about Reality Winner.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
The subject of double standards has been broached endlessly by defenders of all things Don, suggesting he is being targeted unfairly for his violations of law regarding classified docs. A subject, BTW, he spent quite a lot of time talking about during the 2016 campaign in reference to the matter of Hillary's server. Saying repeatedly we can't have a prez who treats classified info carelessly. Hmmmmmm.

When given the opportunity, Don's DoJ certainly did take mishandling classified docs, or in this case one document, very seriously.

Reality Winner says she's 'blown away' by details in indictment against Trump

Reality Winner, the former intelligence contractor imprisoned for leaking a top secret report on Russian hacking, said Friday that she was "blown away" by the level of detail in the unsealed indictment against Donald Trump.

Winner became the first person to be prosecuted and then sentenced under the Trump administration for defying the Espionage Act by leaking classified information. Now Trump faces 31 counts of willful retention of national defense information — in violation of the Espionage Act — as well as other counts related to making false statements and conspiring to obstruct justice.

"This is probably one of the most egregious and cut-and-dry cases," Winner, 31, said in a phone interview with NBC News of the allegations that Trump held onto sensitive government documents and attempted to mislead investigators.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...blown-away-details-indictment-trump-rcna88612

She got more than 5 years for revealing a doc on the subject of Russia having successfully hacked in to a number of state's voting data bases. A sore subject for Don.

Russians penetrated U.S. voter systems, top U.S. official says

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...trated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

5 years, one document. No witness tampering, no refusal to comply with a subpoena, no lying to the DoJ, no conspiracy to conceal the possession of docs. 5 years. Now there's a double standard.

I'm not a Trump supporter at all and he has been unfairly targeted when you take into consideration the others that have abused their classified material standings and haven't been held accountable.

That does NOT mean he hasn't broken the law and shouldn't be prosecuted though. He should be, it's just that I support the others being prosecuted also.

I'm not a Trump supporter at all and he has been unfairly targeted when you take into consideration the others that have abused their classified material standings and haven't been held accountable.
That does NOT mean he hasn't broken the law and shouldn't be prosecuted though. He should be, it's just that I support the others being prosecuted also.
Trump had every opportunity to hand back the classified material without penalty.
That the stupid fuck CHOSE to defy the LAW shows that he is unworthy to be the president.

Trump had every opportunity to hand back the classified material without penalty.

Breaking the law doesn't work that way.

If I rob a bank, get caught and give the money back I am still prosecuted.

That the stupid fuck CHOSE to defy the LAW shows that he is unworthy to be the president.

I don't disagree that he is unworthy but I'm not feeling real secure with a president loading classified information in his garage either.

The cases of the other people involved in matters surrounding the mishandling of classified docs are simply not comparable to Trump's on multiple levels. In reality, under AG Garland, two Trump-appointed prosecutors are already investigating Biden’s handling of classified documents and the financial dealings of his son, Hunter.

Breaking the law doesn't work that way.
If I rob a bank, get caught and give the money back I am still prosecuted.

I don't disagree that he is unworthy but I'm not feeling real secure with a president loading classified information in his garage either.
1. Trump's lawyers worked out a legal deal with NARA and the DOJ, much like Pence and Biden, but Trump said no.
2. You are not the ex-president under the PRA, are you?

I guess we must all ignore the Presidential Records Act & the various cases that have proven the President has ultimate authority on document classifications.
If the President declares something declassified, that is exactly what it is.
The rest is just semantics & power struggles over authority.

BTW- A classified document is not the same as a document with classified markings

The subject of double standards has been broached endlessly by defenders of all things Don, suggesting he is being targeted unfairly for his violations of law regarding classified docs. A subject, BTW, he spent quite a lot of time talking about during the 2016 campaign in reference to the matter of Hillary's server. Saying repeatedly we can't have a prez who treats classified info carelessly. Hmmmmmm.

When given the opportunity, Don's DoJ certainly did take mishandling classified docs, or in this case one document, very seriously.

Reality Winner says she's 'blown away' by details in indictment against Trump

Reality Winner, the former intelligence contractor imprisoned for leaking a top secret report on Russian hacking, said Friday that she was "blown away" by the level of detail in the unsealed indictment against Donald Trump.

Winner became the first person to be prosecuted and then sentenced under the Trump administration for defying the Espionage Act by leaking classified information. Now Trump faces 31 counts of willful retention of national defense information — in violation of the Espionage Act — as well as other counts related to making false statements and conspiring to obstruct justice.

"This is probably one of the most egregious and cut-and-dry cases," Winner, 31, said in a phone interview with NBC News of the allegations that Trump held onto sensitive government documents and attempted to mislead investigators.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...blown-away-details-indictment-trump-rcna88612

She got more than 5 years for revealing a doc on the subject of Russia having successfully hacked in to a number of state's voting data bases. A sore subject for Don.

Russians penetrated U.S. voter systems, top U.S. official says

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...trated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

5 years, one document. No witness tampering, no refusal to comply with a subpoena, no lying to the DoJ, no conspiracy to conceal the possession of docs. 5 years. Now there's a double standard.

Thanks for callingoout hypocrites.

There’s your “two tiered justice system”

Can't say that yet. So far, all we have is that Donald has been indicted. For comparisons to Reality Winner to infer a two tiered system we first would need Donald to be convicted AND sentenced so we could compare those sentences.

Of course, I expect it to happen. IF he gets convicted, I'm pretty sure Judge Cannon would sentence him to basically nothing.

1. Trump's lawyers worked out a legal deal with NARA and the DOJ, much like Pence and Biden, but Trump said no.
2. You are not the ex-president under the PRA, are you?

No, no slap on the wrist deals. People are prosecuted for far less.

Can't say that yet. So far, all we have is that Donald has been indicted. For comparisons to Reality Winner to infer a two tiered system we first would need Donald to be convicted AND sentenced so we could compare those sentences.

Of course, I expect it to happen. IF he gets convicted, I'm pretty sure Judge Cannon would sentence him to basically nothing.
The double standard I brought up is in regards to the way Trump thinks about the mishandling of classified docs when someone else does it and when he does it.

The double standard I brought up is in regards to the way Trump thinks about the mishandling of classified docs when someone else does it and when he does it.

Ok. But I was responding to Lesh claiming it's a two tiered justice system, not to you.

Ok. But I was responding to Lesh claiming it's a two tiered justice system, not to you.
If Trump isn’t sentenced to years in prison (not house arrest) then I’m right.

The fact that Trump wasn’t cuffed and perp walked and had a mug shot taken while Realty was also supports my claim

Name, one other person who has refused to cooperate with the federal government, and refused to return the classified documents.

That alone makes trumps crimes unique.

If Trump isn’t sentenced to years in prison (not house arrest) then I’m right.

The fact that Trump wasn’t cuffed and perp walked and had a mug shot taken while Realty was also supports my claim
There's going to be enormous pressure on Cannon to keep Don out of jail.

Name, one other person who has refused to cooperate with the federal government, and refused to return the classified documents.

That alone makes trumps crimes unique.

I did say they were prosecutable did I not?

Unique doesn't mean other actions are not crimes also.

I am also anti-Trump, but actually Trump broke no law.
When president, he was totally above and explicitly exempt from any classified doc law.
So then he could legally give copies of any classified doc, to anyone he wanted, including himself, forever.

Forum List

Back