Let's play a game! It's called, who's the REAL racist.

Too bad almost everything else he did was total shit. His legacy will be the Americans who bled and died in a foreign country while he made arbitrary rules of engagement instead of winning. Vietnam and a failed war on poverty that increased poverty are not his finest moments.
War on poverty did what was intended
Ease the suffering of the poor and provide educational and jobs training

Better check your stats. There are more people below the poverty line now than every. More people unemployed than every. More people needing assistance than ever. That money didn't go toward ending poverty. It went to increasing the number of people who are dependent on government.
More people below the poverty level?

Blame the job creators not the government

Really. No wonder you are such a stooge. Clinton's NAFTA and his granting of permanent favored nation status to China had nothing to do with it. His dismantling of banking regulations has nothing to do with the economic problems of the last decade. Bush's wars had nothing to do with it. Obama's mandatory health care doesn't have a negative effect. The NWO that has been the progressive movement of the political elites in both parties since Bush Sr hasn't helped money flow out of America and into foreign investments mostly in the attempt to pull lower level service jobs and manufacturing jobs away from the USA while at the same time our government does nothing to increase tariffs on the cost of business to slow the bleeding.

What about too big to fail? Businesses that are vital to the political class and the wealthy are protected from failure at the cost of the working class.

Pull your head out. The war on poverty was a great slogan that never decreased poverty at all. The government has done everything it can to prop up multinational corporations at the expense of small businesses. They have stolen the American Dream of Education, Family, Home Ownership, and running your own small business. They replaced it with large tuition loans, broken families, rent, and shitty lower paying jobs.
NAFTA is a conservative bogey man
It has minimal affect on jobs

War on poverty did what it was supposed to do. What it didn't do is anticipate that employers would stop paying a wage people could live off

Blame the capitalists not the government

Who the hell left the bag of idiots open on this website? So many morons, so little time.

You are such a waste of space.

What a liberal hack you are. The Civil Rights Act of both 1957 and 1960 were pushed in Congress by Republicans and LBJ and the democrats fought against it. Try a history book. You might learn the truth.

The conservative Democrats fought against all of the Civil Rights Acts.

Because they were conservatives.

No, because they were racist Democrats. Nice try at a projection of your party's lack of values onto others. You really haven't got a clue what conservatism is because you are so entrenched in party rhetoric that you just fight out of ignorance.

Why did southern Democrats call themselves conservatives if they weren't conservative?

Why did southern conservative Democrats join with conservative Republicans to form the Conservative Coalition if they weren't conservatives?

Conservative coalition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your ignorance of history is sadly comical.

The real question is, if they were conservative, instead of just calling them conservatives, why would they be democrats? So let's just focus on what we know to be true, they were democrats.

Do you think Zell Miller is no different than Elizabeth Warren? They're both Democrats.

Now you are getting it. Two idiots, both Democrats. See the pattern forming.

No, because they were racist Democrats. Nice try at a projection of your party's lack of values onto others. You really haven't got a clue what conservatism is because you are so entrenched in party rhetoric that you just fight out of ignorance.

Why did southern Democrats call themselves conservatives if they weren't conservative?

Why did southern conservative Democrats join with conservative Republicans to form the Conservative Coalition if they weren't conservatives?

The real question is, if they were conservative, instead of just calling them conservatives, why would they be democrats? So let's just focus on what we know to be true, they were democrats.

Do you think Zell Miller is no different than Elizabeth Warren? They're both Democrats.

I had to put her on ignore for spamming, and kept her there because she continued to spam me while on ignore, so I only see her questions when someone quotes her.

But she's seriously asking if don't you think Zell Miller, who wrote "A National Party No More" about the Democrat Party is the same as Elizabeth Warren to demonstrate Democrats are different? The guy who wrote a book that the Democrats aren't what they were when he joined the party? That's classic.

BTW, it was a great book if you haven't read it

I'll have them niggas voting democrat for the next hundred years.
They're super predators.

VS

No Muslims allowed till we get to the bottom of what's going on.
I'll deport the illegals & build a wall.

Which set of statements constitutes racism?

Was LBJ a racist?

Yes, but that could be written about the majority of America in 1964.

Trump is an asshole and you are looking at his words but can you explain why his business has been sued multiple times by the Justice Department for Discrimination?

Zell Miller is a conservative Democrat who was a segregationist in the 60's and endorsed John McCain in 2008.

Something more you had no clue about.

I had to put her on ignore for spamming, and kept her there because she continued to spam me while on ignore, so I only see her questions when someone quotes her.

But she's seriously asking if don't you think Zell Miller, who wrote "A National Party No More" about the Democrat Party is the same as Elizabeth Warren to demonstrate Democrats are different? The guy who wrote a book that the Democrats aren't what they were when he joined the party? That's classic.

He put me on ignore because I whipped his ass in so many debates he couldn't take it anymore.

Zell has at least some moderate tendencies that lead him to be more human. Warren is total bullshit. I just laugh at Zell because of his ass sucking back during Carter. You couldn't back a bigger idiot than Carter until the last two buffoons.

Nobody needs a politically slanted biography or movie as it is not the truth. His record while in Congress is all you need. It is fact without your liberal revisionist slant.

Keep defending your racist democrats and their political tricks that re-enslaved the blacks.

Johnson was a man born in Texas in the beginning of the 20th century. O f course he used the word n1gger. Everyone from that period and place used the word.
But Johnson started his career teaching poor Mexicans in school and had an affinity for groups who suffered from discrimination.
Your arguments are facile and without substance.

My favorite story about LBJ(and I think I have this right) was about when he was a teacher- and found out that the janitor was illiterate, and either came early or stayed late every day to teach this minority janitor how to read and write.

LBJ was no saint. But he considered the passage of 1964 Civil Rights Act his finest accomplishment.

Then you should support the Trump family as Trump's son Eric has given about 28 million to a children's hospital to take care of sick children. That's a lot more than any Clinton has ever done.

I think if Eric Trump did that, he is to be commended.

But he is not LBJ, and Eric Trump didn't pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act., nor did Donald Trump.

No, it was the Republicans who finally got enough pressure on the Democrats to do it. This was the third attempt and it was Dr Martin Luther King who put enough social pressure on the Democrats to force their hand.

lol, what a rewrite of history.

Zell has at least some moderate tendencies that lead him to be more human. Warren is total bullshit. I just laugh at Zell because of his ass sucking back during Carter. You couldn't back a bigger idiot than Carter until the last two buffoons.

Zell Miller worked for Lester Maddox in the sixties, had a conservative voting record in Congress, and showed his true colors when he endorsed John McCain.

Zell Miller is one of the most honorable men to have been in public life. At the time Carter was the smart choice. Of course since you werent born then you'd have no idea.

Zell clearly said he isn't really a Democrat anymore at the end of his career.

My first experience with him was that I moved to Georgia during his last campaign for Governor. My brother lived in Georgia at the time and said he's not your typical Dem, I'll like him. Then in the primaries he sounded like Sanders running against the liberal Democrat machine. Even before I asked, my brother brought up WTF, he knows I'm wondering why I said that. Then once he got the Democrat nomination he moved back to center right and won re-election.

That is politics

Zell Miller is a conservative Democrat who was a segregationist in the 60's and endorsed John McCain in 2008.

Something more you had no clue about.

I know exactly who Zell Miller is you asshat. He also backed Jimmy Carter.

Zell Miller is one of the most honorable men to have been in public life. At the time Carter was the smart choice. Of course since you werent born then you'd have no idea.

Oh I remember Carter very well. You keep pretending you are the only person who remembers. I remember the fuel ration stamps, the high interest rates, and the terrible condition of our military like it was yesterday.

You leftist are something else.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Oh I remember Carter very well. You keep pretending you are the only person who remembers. I remember the fuel ration stamps, the high interest rates, and the terrible condition of our military like it was yesterday.

You leftist are something else.

Carter could deliver one hellava malaise speech. Of course, he should be thanked. That speech helped usher in the best president of my lifetime.

Zell clearly said he isn't really a Democrat anymore at the end of his career.

My first experience with him was that I moved to Georgia during his last campaign for Governor. My brother lived in Georgia at the time and said he's not your typical Dem, I'll like him. Then in the primaries he sounded like Sanders running against the liberal Democrat machine. Even before I asked, my brother brought up WTF, he knows I'm wondering why I said that. Then once he got the Democrat nomination he moved back to center right and won re-election.

That is politics

Zell was better than most Dems but he should never have backed Carter just because they were both from Georgia. He did it because Carter was considered an outsider but Carter's governorship in Georgia was a travesty. Zell knew this but back Carter because Zell's overriding stance was always one of anti-government instead of small and smart government.

My favorite story about LBJ(and I think I have this right) was about when he was a teacher- and found out that the janitor was illiterate, and either came early or stayed late every day to teach this minority janitor how to read and write.

LBJ was no saint. But he considered the passage of 1964 Civil Rights Act his finest accomplishment.

Then you should support the Trump family as Trump's son Eric has given about 28 million to a children's hospital to take care of sick children. That's a lot more than any Clinton has ever done.

I think if Eric Trump did that, he is to be commended.

But he is not LBJ, and Eric Trump didn't pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act., nor did Donald Trump.

No, it was the Republicans who finally got enough pressure on the Democrats to do it. This was the third attempt and it was Dr Martin Luther King who put enough social pressure on the Democrats to force their hand.
You clearly know nothing about this.
Republicans didnt care about civil rights for blacks because most Republicans represented states with few blacks.

What a liberal hack you are. The Civil Rights Act of both 1957 and 1960 were pushed in Congress by Republicans and LBJ and the democrats fought against it. Try a history book. You might learn the truth.

Which prominent Republican voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act?

Barry Goldwater- the 1964 Republican Presidential candidate.

What did Martin Luther King Jr. say about the Republican candidate who voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act?

upload_2016-5-27_8-53-52.png

LBJ was the single person most responsible for the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and considered the signing of the Act his greatest achievement.

No but he was instrumental in getting the Dems to vote for it. Dr Martin Luther King was the single most instrumental man.

LBJ publicly pressured Congress to pass the legislation proposed by Kennedy.

Which resulted in a majority of both Democrats and Republicans voting for it.

And then he signed the bill

July 2, 1964

—President Johnson, upon signing the Civil Rights Act- stating:

"This Civil Rights Act is a challenge to all of us to go to work in our communities and our states, in our homes and in our hearts, to eliminate the last vestiges of injustice in our beloved country. So tonight I urge every public official, every religious leader, every business and professional man, every working man, every housewife — I urge every American — to join in this effort to bring justice and hope to all our people, and to bring peace to our land.

"My fellow citizens, we have come now to a time of testing. We must not fail. Let us close the springs of racial poison. Let us pray for wise and understanding hearts. Let us lay aside irrelevant differences and make our nation whole. Let us hasten that day when our unmeasured strength and our unbounded spirit will be free to do the great works ordained for this nation by the just and wise God who is the father of us all."

Caro: The reason it’s questioned is that for no less than 20 years in Congress, from 1937 to 1957, Johnson’s record was on the side of the South. He not only voted with the South on civil rights, but he was a southern strategist, but in 1957, he changes and pushes through the first civil rights bill since Reconstruction. He always had this true, deep compassion to help poor people and particularly poor people of color, but even stronger than the compassion was his ambition. But when the two aligned, when compassion and ambition finally are pointing in the same direction, then Lyndon Johnson becomes a force for racial justice, unequalled certainly since Lincoln.

Similarly, White House spokesman Eric Schultz answered our request for information with emailed excerpts from Means of Ascent, the second volume of Caro’s books on Johnson.

The introduction to the book says that as Johnson became president in 1963, some civil rights leaders were not convinced of Johnson’s good faith, due to his voting record. "He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill – against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote. "Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

We found that excerpt in the book as well as these vignettes:

--In 1947, after President Harry S Truman sent Congress proposals against lynching and segregation in interstate transportation, Johnson called the proposed civil rights program a "farce and a sham--an effort to set up a police state in the guise of liberty."

--In his 1948 speech in Austin kicking off his Senate campaign, Johnson declared he was against Truman’s attempt to end the poll tax because, Johnson said, "it is the province of the state to run its own elections." Johnson also was against proposals against lynching "because the federal government," Johnson said, "has no more business enacting a law against one form of murder than against another."

Next, we asked an expert in the offices of the U.S. Senate to check on Johnson’s votes on civil rights measures as a lawmaker. By email, Betty Koed, an associate historian for the Senate, said that according to information compiled by the Senate Library, in "the rare cases when" such "bills came to a roll call vote, it appears that" Johnson "consistently voted against" them or voted to stop consideration.
Thanks for proving my point.
You are dismissed.

Go fuck yourself you liberal hack. You are a moron who has to ignore history to feel good about yourself.

Your point is that you are a moron who only knows liberal talking points instead of facts.

You are a miserable scumbag.

LOL....typical right wing nut job.

When confronted with the facts he flips out and goes directly to personal attacks.

Zell Miller and my Granddad were friends (GD was from SC and they spent time together). If we had 100 Zells in Congress, we wouldn’t have 1/2 the problems we have today. He could be as bitter politically as anyone but at the end of the day, he wanted to get things done.

Forum List

Back