Let's play a game! It's called, who's the REAL racist.

Oh I remember Carter very well. You keep pretending you are the only person who remembers. I remember the fuel ration stamps, the high interest rates, and the terrible condition of our military like it was yesterday.

You leftist are something else.
You remember the fuel ration stamps under Carter?
ROFLFWAO!!!!!!
What a fucking poseur. You must be what, 15? 16?

I see you are a brainless fuck with nothing to add. Noted.
LOL!! I just pwned you, asshole. You posted you remembered something that can't possibly be true.
Bet you remember when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor too.
http://www.nytimes.com/1979/05/10/a...uld-be-set-24-states-would-get-more.html?_r=0

Like I said. I remember it. Apparently you don't remember but in New York City it was a fact.

You just got owned you arrogant fuck.

Oh I remember Carter very well. You keep pretending you are the only person who remembers. I remember the fuel ration stamps, the high interest rates, and the terrible condition of our military like it was yesterday.

In New York City, the "gas rationing" during the 1970s crisis was by license plate number (odds one day, evens the next), not "fuel ration stamps".

The federal government did print "fuel ration stamps", for the proposed federal fuel rationing that never passed, but they were never used. They were destroyed in 1984.

Rationing Coupons Shredded

So many libs have no brains. So not only did the rationing stamps get printed and posted in the newspapers and rationing did occur but somehow I am wrong for saying that I remember the fuel rationing stamps. They were posted in every paper. They were a big deal. We hadn't had gas rationing since WWII. The government cancelled the stamps because it would require additional fuel on the part of the post office just to distribute them. Odd-even was the substitute solution.

What part of I remember gas rationing stamps related to the Carter Administration is a problem for you dumb fucking liberals. They were the original plan.

You asshats are too young or too dumb to remember but that it not my fault.

LOL!! I just pwned you, asshole. You posted you remembered something that can't possibly be true.
http://www.nytimes.com/1979/05/10/a...uld-be-set-24-states-would-get-more.html?_r=0

Like I said. I remember it. Apparently you don't remember but in New York City it was a fact.

I grew up in NYC (Riverdale), you stupid shit. The article describes a plan that was never implemented.
Now go slink back under your rock, you stupid bitch poseur.

I grew up there also fuck head in the Bronx. The plan was implemented in that even-odd was put into practice after the public was faced with WWII style rationing and had a shit fit over it. I posted both articles but you have to be able to read them.

Go suck a dick you dumb fuck. It was part of history. Deny it all you like but people were really scared about what the government was going to do.
Asshole. You said you remembered fuel ration stamps under Carter. But there were no fuel ration stamps under Carter. This is simply fact.
You grew up in Intercourse, PA in the 2000s. I'd lay money.

You must be the dumbest Jew in this hemisphere. The fucking article is posted showing the fucking stamps. Fuel rationing occurred under a different program mostly because it was cheaper than distributing ration card. Odd-even of $5 to $10 a customer with lines over an hour long is still rationing you moron.

See I remember the full chain of events and you are just a lib scumbag who denies reality.
You are clearly unbalanced. You remember things you yourself admit never happened.

ROFLFWAO!!!!!!

In New York City, the "gas rationing" during the 1970s crisis was by license plate number (odds one day, evens the next), not "fuel ration stamps".

The federal government did print "fuel ration stamps", for the proposed federal fuel rationing that never passed, but they were never used. They were destroyed in 1984.

So many libs have no brains. So not only did the rationing stamps get printed and posted in the newspapers and rationing did occur but somehow I am wrong for saying that I remember the fuel rationing stamps. They were posted in every paper. They were a big deal. We hadn't had gas rationing since WWII. The government cancelled the stamps because it would require additional fuel on the part of the post office just to distribute them. Odd-even was the substitute solution.

What part of I remember gas rationing stamps related to the Carter Administration is a problem for you dumb fucking liberals. They were the original plan.

You got caught in a lie and now are desperatel;y trying to backpedal. I love the prospect of seeing a fake poseur get his ass handed to him from right and left.
There were no fuel ration stamps under Carter. Ergo you could not possibly remember them.

I grew up in NYC (Riverdale), you stupid shit. The article describes a plan that was never implemented.

I grew up there also fuck head in the Bronx. The plan was implemented in that even-odd was put into practice after the public was faced with WWII style rationing and had a shit fit over it. I posted both articles but you have to be able to read them.

Go suck a dick you dumb fuck. It was part of history. Deny it all you like but people were really scared about what the government was going to do.
Asshole. You said you remembered fuel ration stamps under Carter. But there were no fuel ration stamps under Carter. This is simply fact.

You must be the dumbest Jew in this hemisphere. The fucking article is posted showing the fucking stamps. Fuel rationing occurred under a different program mostly because it was cheaper than distributing ration card. Odd-even of $5 to $10 a customer with lines over an hour long is still rationing you moron.

See I remember the full chain of events and you are just a lib scumbag who denies reality.
You are clearly unbalanced. You remember things you yourself admit never happened.

Really dumbass. It didn't happen. Grow up you stupid fuck. It was in the news paper. Just because you can't read don't blame me.

I'm done with you. I can't stand dumbasses who want to pretend that history didn't occur.

Really dumbass. It didn't happen. Grow up you stupid fuck. It was in the news paper. Just because you can't read don't blame me.

I'm done with you. I can't stand dumbasses who want to pretend that history didn't occur.
You remember gas ration stamps that never materialized. Wow.
I remember Humphrey's victory speech when he won the 1968 election too.

You got caught in a lie and now are desperatel;y trying to backpedal. I love the prospect of seeing a fake poseur get his ass handed to him from right and left.
There were no fuel ration stamps under Carter. Ergo you could not possibly remember them.

There were you keep denying reality you stupid fuck. Read the paper fuckhead. No only did they print the ration stamps, they held onto them for 5 years before destroying them. They also instituted odd-even rationing.

I love it when some know it all fuck forgets a part of history and then had to pretend like it isn't a real thing because they are too much of a scumbag to say that they didn't remember that happened.

Go away you moron. Try some ginkgo for your memory. You need it.

They were printed in large quantity and put into the paper and weren't distributed because it was going to cost too much fuel. Odd-even was instituted. I remember the whole event. Keep pretending like Carter didn't have the fucking things printed. It wasn't like it was just a sample that was printed.

Took them 5 years before these were destroyed and their destruction made the news also

Sucks to be a stupid fucking lib who can't remember shit.

Stupidest Jew from New York ever.

There were you keep denying reality you stupid fuck. Read the paper fuckhead. No only did they print the ration stamps, they held onto them for 5 years before destroying them. They also instituted odd-even rationing.

I love it when some know it all fuck forgets a part of history and then had to pretend like it isn't a real thing because they are too much of a scumbag to say that they didn't remember that happened.

Just keep digging.
There were no ration cards issued. Ergo you could not remember them. You might remember odd-even gas days, as my wife and I do (she in NJ, me in NY) but you cannot remember something that never happened.

They were printed in large quantity and put into the paper and weren't distributed because it was going to cost too much fuel. Odd-even was instituted. I remember the whole event. Keep pretending like Carter didn't have the fucking things printed. It wasn't like it was just a sample that was printed.

Took them 5 years before these were destroyed and their destruction made the news also

So you remember ration cards that were never issued and never used and destroyed without anyone in the public seeing them. Wow.
Yeah I remember Muskie's acceptance speech for the Democrats where he promised nothing but "blood, sweat and tears."

So you remember ration cards that were never issued and never used and destroyed without anyone in the public seeing them. Wow.
Yeah I remember Muskie's acceptance speech for the Democrats where he promised nothing but "blood, sweat and tears."

Yes. I remember them. Just like I remember the Star Wars Initiative and the Old pictures of the flying car.

All real shit.

You just choose to pretend like the rationing that did occur didn't begin with a government program that made the public aware of the coming ration cards.

Next you will tell me that S&H Green Stamps didn't exist.

You have to pretend that reality doesn't exist because you can't accept that you just didn't fucking know about something that someone else did.

You are a pathetic asshat.

Just keep digging.
There were no ration cards issued. Ergo you could not remember them. You might remember odd-even gas days, as my wife and I do (she in NJ, me in NY) but you cannot remember something that never happened.

I remember seeing newspapers that announce that Dewey beat Truman. That didn't happen either but it did make the newspapers and caused a stir.

You'll say it never happened but it too is a part of real history.

You are acting like the issue of rationing fuel wasn't a big deal and that these stamps never existed but we both know you are wrong.

Humphrey would have made a good President

ROFLFWAO!!!!!!

What part of:

The Energy Department is shredding 4.8 billion gasoline rationing coupons that were printed but never used in the Arab oil embargo a decade ago, a Government spokesman said today.

…do you not understand.

The capacity of most on the right to continue lying – even when confronted with the truth – is truly remarkable.

“They were printed in large quantity and put into the paper and weren't distributed…”

lol

A backpedaling flip-flop worthy of Trump himself.

What part of:

The Energy Department is shredding 4.8 billion gasoline rationing coupons that were printed but never used in the Arab oil embargo a decade ago, a Government spokesman said today.

…do you not understand.

The capacity of most on the right to continue lying – even when confronted with the truth – is truly remarkable.

You libs are some real asshats to pretend that these things were not a big deal. Carter screwed over the Shaw and the first thing that the Revolutionary Government of Iran did is mess with OPEC production.

The result was a scare that hit the public and the first big part of this was these ration coupons for not only gasoline but for heating oil which caused a panic in our country.

You fools are either too political or too young to remember this. But keep up your bullshit because you only prove how much of a political hack you are to deny this event and downplay the significance of the mistakes that Carter made and their long term effect on our country and the world. We are still paying for his mistakes today.

Gas, energy crisis plans readied
by Robert Young 1 Feb 28, 1979
energy crisis

plans readied

Gas,

By Robert Young

Chicg- TribunO Pr-ss Srvice

WASHINGTON-Thc Energy Depart- mest made public Tuesday three man- cenergy-saving plans and an emergency gasoline rationing plan Pres- ident Carter is asking Congress to ap- prove.

The contingency plan to ration gaso- line as a last resort in a critical oil shortage did not specify a motor-fuel allotment.

An Energy Department spokesman de- nied a report that the limit would be 14 gallons a week for passenger cars.

When the orignal draft of the coupon plan was made public last summer, En- ergy Secretary James Schlesinger esti mated that a typical passenger car would be allowed as much as 14 gallons a week, down to 5 gallons or even less, depending upon the severity and dura- tion of the emergency.

THE GOVERNMENT-dictated energy conservation measures would close gaso- line stations on weekends, require own- ers of most nonresidential buildings to cut down heating and air-conditioning, and prohibit illuminated advertising signs and window displays.

The Energy Department disclosed the basic features of its gasoline rationing plan last June and has been under pres- sure from Congress since the Iranian oil cutoff two months ago to submit the plan and other mandatory measures for use in an emergency. The President will the ration plan and the other three plans to Congress on Thursday for ap- proval as required by the 1975 energy law.

President Carter said at a press con- Tuesday he hopes he does not have to impose gasoline rationing or introduce the mandatory en: :gy con- servation measures.

Carter, referring to increases in oil prices and the loss of Iranian oil said, "Inflationary pressures [on the U.S. do exceed what wce expected." Ile described the oil price and supply situation as "serious but not critical."

'IIIE GASOLINE rationing plan would allow the Energy Department to mail ration checks redeemable for coupons to each of the nation s 120 million motor vehicle owners.

The Energy Depariment would calcu- late r:;tion based upon annual average fuel consumption for each class of. . ah passenger cars would re- ceive the same allotment, regardless of fuel efficiency.

Priority rations would be given for essential public services such as police and fire protection and ambulances.

Farmers would receive extra gasoline for machinery.

The ration checks issued by the Ener- gy Department would be cashed for cou- pons at banks and savings and loan in- stitutions. Motorists would present the coupons at filling stations to buy gaso- line, which would be under price con- trol. -

A MAJOR feature of the plan, how- ever, would be the "white market" for buying and selling coupons.

Car owners would be free to trade their coupons, give them away, or sell them to others, at any price.

The United States last rationed gaso- line in the early 1940s during World War I. During the 1973-74 Arab oil embargo, the government prepared for rationing to the extent of printing 5 billion cou- pons, a three-month supply.

The weekend gasoline restriction, made public Tuesday, is aimed at cut- ting down nonessential driving by pro- the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel during specified hours-at the maxi- mum. from Friday noon to Sunday mid- night.

Back
Feb. 28, 1979
energy crisis
plans readied

Gas,

By Robert Young

Chicg- TribunO Pr-ss Srvice

WASHINGTON-Thc Energy Depart- mest made public Tuesday three man- cenergy-saving plans and an emergency gasoline rationing plan Pres- ident Carter is asking Congress to ap- prove.

The contingency plan to ration gaso- line as a last resort in a critical oil shortage did not specify a motor-fuel allotment.

An Energy Department spokesman de- nied a report that the limit would be 14 gallons a week for passenger cars.

When the orignal draft of the coupon plan was made public last summer, En- ergy Secretary James Schlesinger esti mated that a typical passenger car would be allowed as much as 14 gallons a week, down to 5 gallons or even less, depending upon the severity and dura- tion of the emergency.

THE GOVERNMENT-dictated energy conservation measures would close gaso- line stations on weekends, require own- ers of most nonresidential buildings to cut down heating and air-conditioning, and prohibit illuminated advertising signs and window displays.

The Energy Department disclosed the basic features of its gasoline rationing plan last June and has been under pres- sure from Congress since the Iranian oil cutoff two months ago to submit the plan and other mandatory measures for use in an emergency. The President will the ration plan and the other three plans to Congress on Thursday for ap- proval as required by the 1975 energy law.

President Carter said at a press con- Tuesday he hopes he does not have to impose gasoline rationing or introduce the mandatory en: :gy con- servation measures.

Carter, referring to increases in oil prices and the loss of Iranian oil said, "Inflationary pressures [on the U.S. do exceed what wce expected." Ile described the oil price and supply situation as "serious but not critical."

'IIIE GASOLINE rationing plan would allow the Energy Department to mail ration checks redeemable for coupons to each of the nation s 120 million motor vehicle owners.

The Energy Depariment would calcu- late r:;tion based upon annual average fuel consumption for each class of. . ah passenger cars would re- ceive the same allotment, regardless of fuel efficiency.

Priority rations would be given for essential public services such as police and fire protection and ambulances.

Farmers would receive extra gasoline for machinery.

The ration checks issued by the Ener- gy Department would be cashed for cou- pons at banks and savings and loan in- stitutions. Motorists would present the coupons at filling stations to buy gaso- line, which would be under price con- trol. -

A MAJOR feature of the plan, how- ever, would be the "white market" for buying and selling coupons.

Car owners would be free to trade their coupons, give them away, or sell them to others, at any price.

The United States last rationed gaso- line in the early 1940s during World War I. During the 1973-74 Arab oil embargo, the government prepared for rationing to the extent of printing 5 billion cou- pons, a three-month supply.

The weekend gasoline restriction, made public Tuesday, is aimed at cut- ting down nonessential driving by pro- the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel during specified hours-at the maxi- mum. from Friday noon to Sunday mid- night.

BETA

Forum List

Back