Lets Hear Your Ideas....

SSDD

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
All you warmers seem to want to do something about climate change but are remarkably short on ideas when you are asked what.

Lets hear your ideas....what do you want to do? Do any of you have any ideas that would actually reduce CO2 without killing millions of poor people across the globe? Or, is killing millions of poor people perhaps, part of the plan?

Lets hear it...whatcha got?

All you warmers seem to want to do something about climate change but are remarkably short on ideas when you are asked what.

Lets hear your ideas....what do you want to do? Do any of you have any ideas that would actually reduce CO2 without killing millions of poor people across the globe? Or, is killing millions of poor people perhaps, part of the plan?

Lets hear it...whatcha got?

I'm actually not a fear-mongering warmist and don't believe the "problem" is a grand as the controllers would have us believe. However, that doesn't mean that I'm opposed to seeking and using cleaner forms of energy as long as they're cost effective and efficient.

I would suggest continuing to use fossil fuels that are mined right here in the USA. While mining and using our own energy sources (and selling it to other countries for a profit) we continue fine tuning some of the alternative systems already in place. I'm not at all a fan of wind energy as it creates a giant eyesore and is dangerous to eagles and other birds. Solar energy isn't a bad idea but generally ineffective on a large scale (for the time being).

How about if we punish gross polluters in other countries instead of punishing our own companies who AREN'T gross polluters?

OK, boys and girls. Let's try this again. Address the OP or don't post. Hit and run flames will be dealt with quickly.

Hit and run flames are all they have. They know perfectly well that any idea they have that would actually make a difference in the total amount of atmospheric CO2 would result in the deaths of millions of poor people. Of course most of those poor people in question are brown so to warmers, they really don't count.

1. Invest 100 billion into fusion. This would be a good idea rather global warming is true or not.
2. Support nuclear and find lower carbon replacement for current oil based goods.
3. Plan ahead for protecting our cities from the realities of sea level rise. We all know there's enough ice to flood most coastal cities that could melt. Have a plan to protect them.
4. Invest more in science in order to understand these charges.

1...We spend trillions on worthless war, but this would be spending it for the benefit of our country.

Last edited:
I'm also interested in the use of Hydrogen fuel cells (or water electrolysis) . I've heard that Hydrogen has been harnessed to a certain degree but the major energy companies don't want the truth out. I don't know how factual that claim is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTEX38bQ-2w]Hygrogen and oxygen from water - YouTube[/ame]

OK, boys and girls. Let's try this again. Address the OP or don't post. Hit and run flames will be dealt with quickly.

Obeying your instructions, I'll address the OP in the same manner SSDD does.

Deniers clearly salivate at the though of slowly torturing every brown person on the planet. They spend their days dreaming up new lampshade patterns to make from human skin, feasting on tasty recipes that use human flesh, and profiting from the gold extracted from the teeth of their victims.

Hence, the way to solve the problem is to have them tried for war crimes.

Look, I tried to steer the conversation away from blanket accusations of genocide, but Westwall jumped in to demand I cease. So I'm complying. I am curious about one thing. Is that an official USMB policy, that blanket accusations of genocide are perfectly acceptable and it's forbidden to criticize them in any way? To me, it seems such accusations should go in the Flame Zone. Is there a rule change that I'm unaware of?

Last edited:
Practice conservation. Limiting carbon emissions is a joke. Only half of America and half of Europe, out of the entire world, give a damn about carbon emissions.

So let's save some forests and if shit ever hits the fan hopefully some scientist will invent a giant solar reflector or something and save us.

MMMmmm, there wouldn't be 7 billion humans beings if it wasn't for capitalism and the medical cures Europeans brought to the world. Sorry, to burse your hatred for western civilization.

Fusion would help everyone, no matter what color they're. The goal at the end of the day should be the improvement of living standards for all and a energy source that limits our carbon emissions while doing it.

Obeying your instructions, I'll address the OP in the same manner SSDD does.

Deniers clearly salivate at the though of slowly torturing every brown person on the planet. They spend their days dreaming up new lampshade patterns to make from human skin, feasting on tasty recipes that use human flesh, and profiting from the gold extracted from the teeth of their victims.

Hence, the way to solve the problem is to have them tried for war crimes.

Look, I tried to steer the conversation away from blanket accusations of genocide, but Westwall jumped in to demand I cease. So I'm complying. I am curious about one thing. Is that an official USMB policy, that blanket accusations of genocide are perfectly acceptable and it's forbidden to criticize them in any way? To me, it seems such accusations should go in the Flame Zone. Is there a rule change that I'm unaware of?

We can certainly defer the Leftist fascination with population control and genocide for later. In fact -- it will probably come up when some wanker mentions sustainable. What the heck is the plan Stan? To reduce the "fever" of the planet???

And the LARGER QUESTION IS -- who is stopping you from doing it? ((Once you identify "it"))
How much money do we owe Tuvalu? The UN is waiting on our check.... Evidently MONEY AND TAXES is gonna reduce the surface temp of the earth..

And the LARGER QUESTION IS -- who is stopping you from doing it? ((Once you identify "it"))
How much money do we owe Tuvalu? The UN is waiting on our check.... Evidently MONEY AND TAXES is gonna reduce the surface temp of the earth..

Tuvalu just like everyone else can buy from us a fusion reactor! Plant their tree's and use capitalism!

Big boost for America's economy! We'd get trillions back for our investment.

Last edited:

So, I can be accused of willfull genocide, but cannot reply. Nice even handed policy. Actually, solar for the poorest countries is a godsend. Most of those nations are where there is ample sunshine, and there is little to no grid in any case.

What to do to address the coming problems. We cannot really address what is already in the atmosphere and ocean, but we can stop putting more there. We already know how to do it, wind, solar, and geothermal are all usable as they are at present. Nuclear is good, very expensive, and must be sited very carefully.

We need more R and D on grid scale batteries, and on batteries capable of powering EV's for at least 300 mi. Geothermal has yet to be exploited to any degree, and would supply power 24/7 as well lithium and rare earth minerals.

MMMmmm, there wouldn't be 7 billion humans beings if it wasn't for capitalism and the medical cures Europeans brought to the world. Sorry, to burse your hatred for western civilization.

Fusion would help everyone, no matter what color they're. The goal at the end of the day should be the improvement of living standards for all and a energy source that limits our carbon emissions while doing it.

Mathew, I like the idea of fusion. But it is still something far in the future. Major problems yet to be solved. And another point, we really need to have more than just point sources for power. Here on the west coast, when the inevitable subduction quake hits, the point sources will be off grid. Only stand alone, such as wind, local, and solar will be available for power locally. I also like the idea of the homeowner being able to be both a consumer and producer of power.

I'm a free market guy myself. Carbon credits.

But being it's about the free market, most deniers won't be able to understand it.

I'm for the free market, common sense, and efficiency. No sense in investing in solar or wind farms when they fail so routinely.

Link? What is the last river that wind poisoned? I can think of two that coal has poisoned in just the last two years. And I am not even speaking about what the mountain top removal mining is doing. And where is the failure of wind? Of solar?

Is this what you call failure;

Wind Energy Facts at a Glance

increase in solar in the US;

http://www.seia.org/news/new-report-us-solar-market-grows-41-has-record-year-2013

WASHINGTON D.C. AND BOSTON, MA – Continuing its explosive growth, the U.S. solar industry had a record-shattering year in 2013. According to GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association’s (SEIA) Solar Market Insight Year in Review 2013, photovoltaic (PV) installations continued to proliferate, increasing 41% over 2012 to reach 4,751 megawatts (MW). In addition, 410 MW of concentrating solar power (CSP) came online. Solar was the second-largest source of new electricity generating capacity in the U.S., exceeded only by natural gas. Additionally, the cost to install solar fell throughout the year, ending the year 15% below the mark set at the end of 2012.
At the end of 2013 there were more than 440,000 operating solar electric systems in the U.S. totaling over 12,000 MW of PV and 918 MW of CSP.

Forum List

Back