Let's hear it for cops

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Blackrook, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Asclepias

Asclepias Work Hard Play Hard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,073
    I dont need a tough guy act. I have guns and years of training. So does my family.

2. Asclepias

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,073
    You mean only if they see I am Black.

3. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,454
    Get over it.

4. Asclepias

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,073
    No. I'll get over it when all the racist cops are euthanized like the feral animals they are.

5. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,454
    I have, on average, a dozen interactions with offenders on a typical workday. When I question a Black person, I'm invariably told, 'You only stopped me because I'm black.'. When I question a Hispanic, the response is, 'You only stopped me because I'm Mexican. When I question a White person, the response is, 'You only stopped me because of how I'm dressed/my tattoos/ my hair/ because I'm a kid/...'. Black officers are told the same thing, as are Asian, Indian, and Hispanic officers. It's the subject of much amusement among us.

It's natural to want to believe you're being singled out by the police because of any reason other than the actual offense you're committing or suspected of committing. But, the plain truth is, I don't have the time or inclination to waste time or create a potential situation for any other reason than to stop an offense.

When you walk away from an incident, you're always want to believe you were singled out for racist reasons. But, in two years of doing this job, I've never met a cop that selects his offense related interaction based on race.

6. Asclepias

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,073
    i disagree. I lived it. Why would a cop stop me because I was walking to school? Why would he call me a nigga during the time he was doing it? It was just harassment. There is no law against walking to school so you need to develop another lie to convince yourself it was my fault because I was doing something illegal..

7. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,454
    Because he received a report of an offense and you fit the description of the offender?

Just the other night I got a report of two black youths attempting to break into cars in a train station car park. My partner and I quickly found the two, a block away, just sitting on a bus bench looking quite innocent.

When I stopped to question them they immediately reacted with huge shouts and accusations of racism from me and my Hispanic partner. I pointed out that we didn't stop them because of their race, but the fact they both were wearing BRIGHT RED HILLFIGER jackets spotted on CCTV by the train station security.

They were the only ones wearing those jackets anywhere near the station and, when searched, were carrying break-in tools. If I saw two White kids wearing the same jackets, I would have stopped them too. People often misidentify race, especially over a CCTV, but they very rarely misidentify bright red clothing. That has a tendency to get noticed.

I'm sure they're still convinced they were only stopped because they were Black and I guarantee it will come up in court. Hopefully before they play the security video from the car park so we get the laugh from the judge.

8. Asclepias

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,073
    Wait...so youre telling me I looked like the suspect every time and every week and calling me a nigga was just a way to get to know me better?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. fncceo

fncceo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,454
    Using racial epithets is never acceptable behavior and I don't excuse it. On the other hand, I get called much worse on a daily basis and it doesn't even ruffle a feather. Kids especially seem to believe that no matter how they mouth off to police the police must respond with 'please' and 'thank you'. Not the case.

Compliance with police orders is mandatory and sometimes using bad language to an uncooperative suspect is more effective than physical force.

I'm pretty sure if you're getting pulled up by the cops several times a week when you're just walking to school minding your own business, you must be the guiltiest looking person on the face of the Earth.

I'm not saying you're being deliberately misleading in your accusations, but ... I suspect you're recollection of events is less than fully accurate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Asclepias

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,073
    Doesnt matter what youre called. Youre the professional not the public. I never mouthed off because I despised and hated the fuckers. How would like some fucking pig pulling you over to his car and putting a gun to your head at the age of 9 and telling you he wanted to blow your ****** brains out? How would you like see people get railroaded because the feral animals planted drugs on them? You can suspect all you want to but denial doesnt do shit for for the facts or my perception of cops.

• Agree Agree x 1