Let’s give our small market boys a hand in the MLB

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
got to be proud of our small market boys.

I said that this year because of the virus having a short season,that for once,the small market teams had as much a chance to get to the World Series as the big market teams.They indeed are doing well at the half way point and sense there is only one more month to go one of these three small market teams has an excellent chance to get to the series,yahoo,!

the white sox,the 18th smallest market At a payroll of $ 51,404,630.00 is in first place in the al central With a 22 and 13 Record which is The third best in the American League.

it gets even better,the oakland A’S the 26th smallest marketwith a payroll of $ 35,520,598.00 is in first place in the al west with a record of 22 and 14 which is as good as anybody in the American league Except for the next team I am about to get to.

the Tampa bay devil Rays have the BEST record in the AL league With 25 wins and 11 losses and are nearly at the bottom as well with a payroll of $28,735,272.00. They are four games ahead of
the number one payroll the Yankees who look to be on a tailspin now as well.they been playing well and are coming on strong,go Rays.

man that would be sooo sweet to see the yanks miss the World Series and the devil,rays go there, I’m crossing my fingers for an Oakland Tampa bay series,the two teams in the top five lowest payrolls,that would be sooooooooo bittersweet.

Things don’t look so good in the NL though with the second highest big spender after the yankees,the dodgers in at number two with the best record in the NL.

Last edited:

I said that this year because of the virus having a short season,that for once,the small market teams had as much a chance to get to the World Series as the big market teams.They indeed are doing well at the half way point and sense there is only one more month to go one of these three small market teams has an excellent chance to get to the series,yahoo,!

the white sox,the 18th smallest market At a payroll of $ 51,404,630.00 is in first place in the al central With a Record Best in the American League.

it gets even better,the oakland A’S the 26th smallest marketwith a payroll of $ 35,520,598.00 is in first place in the al west with a record of 22 and 14 as good as anybody in the American league Except for the next team I am about to get to.

the Tampa bay devil Rays have the BEST record in the AL league With 25 wins and are nearly at the bottom as well with a payroll of $28,735,272.00. They are four games ahead of
the number one payroll the Yankees who look to be on a tailspin now as well.

man that would be sooo sweet to see the yanks miss the World Series and the devil,rays go there, I’m crossing my fingers for an Oakland Tampa bay series,the two teams in the top five lowest payrolls,that would be sooooooooo bittersweet.

Things don’t look so good in the NL though with the second highest big spender after the yankees,the dodgers in at number two with the best record in the NL.
Nice post, thanks.

the white sox,the 18th smallest market At a payroll of $ 51,404,630.00 is in first place in the al central With a Record Best in the American League.

it gets even better,the oakland A’S the 26th smallest marketwith a payroll of $ 35,520,598.00 is in first place in the al west with a record of 22 and 14 as good as anybody in the American league Except for the next team I am about to get to.

the Tampa bay devil Rays have the BEST record in the AL league With 25 wins and are nearly at the bottom as well with a payroll of $28,735,272.00. They are four games ahead of

Nice post, thanks.
Like I said a month in a half ago,This was the only good thing that came out of the virus that every team would finally for the first time in 25 years,have an equal shot to be in the series as the big market teams did.

It’s such a thrill the fact the rays have come on strong lately and the Yankees are in a tailspin., the Rays are 8 and two in their last 10 games where the Yankees are just 3 and 7. Lets just keep our fingers crossed it continues baby.

they and the A,s have been playing really well this year.it looks like there is an excellent chance they could square off in the AL championship.

the white sox,the 18th smallest market At a payroll of $ 51,404,630.00 is in first place in the al central With a 22 and 13 Record which is The third best in the American League.

it gets even better,the oakland A’S the 26th smallest marketwith a payroll of $ 35,520,598.00 is in first place in the al west with a record of 22 and 14 which is as good as anybody in the American league Except for the next team I am about to get to.

the Tampa bay devil Rays have the BEST record in the AL league With 25 wins and 11 losses and are nearly at the bottom as well with a payroll of $28,735,272.00. They are four games ahead of
the number one payroll the Yankees who look to be on a tailspin now as well.they been playing well and are coming on strong,go Rays.

The Rays are unbelievable! Don't they have a speed skater or some shit playing 2nd base?

I'm a Yankees fan, however I went to high school in Fort Wayne with the father of Kevin Keirmaier of the Tampa Bay Rays, so I can handle it if they go - he has missed a couple of All-Star games, because of injuries. I need to check on him this year. I need to check on the Yankees . . .

Nice post, thanks.
Like I said a month in a half ago,This was the only good thing that came out of the virus that every team would finally for the first time in 25 years,have an equal shot to be in the series as the big market teams did.

It’s such a thrill the fact the rays have come on strong lately and the Yankees are in a tailspin., the Rays are 8 and two in their last 10 games where the Yankees are just 3 and 7. Lets just keep our fingers crossed it continues baby.

they and the A,s have been playing really well this year.it looks like there is an excellent chance they could square off in the AL championship.
big deal.....this season will mean absolutely nothing...

Nice post, thanks.

big deal.....this season will mean absolutely nothing...
I know but it still is a nice refreshing change to see the small market teams go into the season for the first time in 25 years or so to be able to have the same chance as the big market teams to win the World Series.its nice to see a baseball season begin when everybody has as much a chance to get there as anybody else in over two decades even if it is a year that doesnt count.

I'm a Yankees fan, however I went to high school in Fort Wayne with the father of Kevin Keirmaier of the Tampa Bay Rays, so I can handle it if they go - he has missed a couple of All-Star games, because of injuries. I need to check on him this year. I need to check on the Yankees . . .
You’ll have to look through your old high school telephone directory book and give mr Keirmaier a call and find out if Kev is okay now.lol sure hope so,got to have him for the stretch run.I had never heard of that player you mentioned before.I bet if you mentioned all the players on that team i would not recognize one name.man that is so much the bomb you know went to school with the dad of a major league player,you have bragging rights. I actually did as well but mine isn’t near as interesting as yours is because I assume Kevin is a regular everyday starter?

That’s where yours is more interesting than mine.the one I know is just a pitcher for the braves,not sure if he is a starter or reliever,but his last name is wentz,he is in the national league so you probably haven’t heard of him,am I wrong?

The Rays are unbelievable! Don't they have a speed skater or some shit playing 2nd base?
You ain’t kidding they are unbelievable.

That’s where yours is more interesting than mine.the one I know is just a pitcher for the braves,not sure if he is a starter or reliever,but his last name is wentz,he is in the national league so you probably haven’t heard of him,am I wrong?
I have not been following at all this year, because I am out of the NY market and I cannot get a good Internet feed on the MLB app, or the app is bad; and so on so forth. So I have not heard of anyone this year. Just happened to catch a YouTube highlight of a pitcher who threw a perfect strike - called a ball.

Anyway, my claim to baseball fame is pretty good. I was listening to a Yankees game, as I did every game from 2010-17, and in 2014 about mid year, Suzan Walman was doing the out of town score board and she mentioned that a rookie, "Kevin Keirmaier for the Rays hit his fourth home run in two weeks," and the play-by-play guy, John Sterling says, "Keirmaier, what a name!" So, I jump off the couch and checked the Internet, and confirmed it all. A week or two later the Rays were in NY and I went to the game. His first at bat at Yankee Stadium went long - I had given-up holding the camera and took a toke since I was up in the smoking section, and then he hit one out right below me in right field! The Rays won the game, and Keirmaeir was the "Star of the Game" on Yankees Radio broadcast.

A couple of years later a hurricane hit Tampa Bay, and the Rays played the Yankees at the Mets' field instead of Tropicana. I went to a game and they featured Keirmaeir on the pregame highlight show - so that was cool. And then I went and got a hot dog and beer and stood out in right field during his second at-bat, and he hit one out again to me. I had a picture from the tv broadcast - I cant find it now.

I have not tried to contact his father - I'm a loser and nobody wants anything to do with me. I lived across the street from him. He was senior when I was a freshman, and he would take a clique of us to the semi-pro hockey games that he liked, and we would smoke cigars.

Last edited:
God here is another example of how the Yankees represent everything that’s wrong with baseball. When the cubs had Orlando’s chapmen who was instrumental in them winning their World Series, I said to myself I have a feeling he will be a Yankees soon,we’ll sure enough he is,I just found that out today,they ALWAYS are able to outspend everybody else for the best talent around. Fuck MLB same as fuck the NFL.

For many years. It is sad that their attendance every year is like Perma COVID.

For many years. It is sad that their attendance every year is like Perma COVID.
What else did the Morons in the NFL expect? This is Florida were talking about after all.the state that has a bunch of transplants many being retirees that had their own team they rooted for most their lives.vegas,a city with transplants as well has road games for all their hockey games for the new pro hockey team they have despite the fact they won a championship out there,will be the same with the raiders.lol

Forum List

Back