Let's get rid of teachers.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I can see having them for young kids but in HS and college we should just give the student the textbooks and tell him when to show up for the tests. Why have a human repeat what's in the book?

Everything i learned in HS and college was thru self-study.

I found classes extremely helpful, especially in college. Learning comes easier when instructed by someone knowledgeable with the material vs reading a book on your own. Also, when in doubt, you can simply ask the prof. a question while in class.

With online textbooks, videos of lessons about most any acedemic topic, and tutorial programs, the old fashion classroom lecture is much less needed.

With online textbooks, videos of lessons about most any acedemic topic, and tutorial programs, the old fashion classroom lecture is much less needed.
I agree that online lessons is an efficient way to learn. However, the classroom still allows one the opportunity to ask questions when unclear on the subject matter.

I can see having them for young kids but in HS and college we should just give the student the textbooks and tell him when to show up for the tests. Why have a human repeat what's in the book?

So you make a call for those who learned like yourself and thus are going to force it on everyone else.

You must be a lock step liberal.

I found classes extremely helpful, especially in college. Learning comes easier when instructed by someone knowledgeable with the material vs reading a book on your own. Also, when in doubt, you can simply ask the prof. a question while in class.

I agree, and what you describe would also apply to "on the job" training like apprenticeships and also certain types of professional training such as learning to be a dentist or a medical doctor.

Good idea. Should go over great in Red States.

I agree, and what you describe would also apply to "on the job" training like apprenticeships and also certain types of professional training such as learning to be a dentist or a medical doctor.

I want to go to a dentist or a doctor that only learned from a book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who sends their kids to public schools to be educated is guilty of child neglect.

Most normal folk don't have 50k per year to send their children to private school. Other normal folk don't have the time to home school as they're working their ass off for the one percent.

You fuckers just want stupid drones.

But they have the money to buy Teslas right?

Anyone who sends their kids to public schools to be educated is guilty of child neglect.

Most normal folk don't have 50k per year to send their children to private school. Other normal folk don't have the time to home school as they're working their ass off for the one percent.

You fuckers just want stupid drones.

Many private schools cost lest per student than public schools. Vouchers? The dems say no!

Republicans shouldn't send their kids to any school except Bible School. That will prepare them quite adequately for future competition in the job market.

Agreed: Highschool Curriculum has become irrelevant to the core issues it was originally intended to address: Training workers for Industrial/Assembly employment.

However, before we turn off the institutional meatgrinder, AKA Highschool, we need to come to terms with the alternative: Full time Employment for people age 14-18. Currently this is illegal, and unless we make it legal, then the best thing to do with this demographic is to continue warehousing them in institutions and teaching them to divide fractions, compose Hikus, and wear condoms.

I agree that online lessons is an efficient way to learn. However, the classroom still allows one the opportunity to ask questions when unclear on the subject matter.

Yeah - having someone answer your questions is nice but does it make financial sense.? Teachers are expensive.

Forum List

Back