Let's get ready to rummmmmmble!

Could you point to what makes you believe this (bolded part)?

What has Stewart Smalley done thus far that can be classified as "good"?

Hasn't done anything horrible as far as I can see. Hasn't been lock and step.

And things like this:

The Washington Independent » Al Franken Reads the 4th Amendment to Justice Department Official

So not being "horrible" (in your eyes, of course) is somehow "good"?

Has he voted on anything contrary to the rest of the party thus far? If not, that would make him just another rubber stamper, wouldn't it?

Could you point to what makes you believe this (bolded part)?

What has Stewart Smalley done thus far that can be classified as "good"?

And things like this:

The Washington Independent » Al Franken Reads the 4th Amendment to Justice Department Official
you do understand that "not doing bad" is not the same as "doing good"

right?

When it comes to politicians, sometimes you just ask them to not fuck things up as much as the last guy

sometimes that's all you can hope for

And things like this:

right?

When it comes to politicians, sometimes you just ask them to not fuck things up as much as the last guy

while true, the claim was he was "doing good"
thats not exactly the same as "not doing bad"

right?

If we're reduced to saying "not fucking up badly" is equivalent to "doing good" then we've hit rock bottom...

If we're reduced to saying "not fucking up badly" is equivalent to "doing good" then we've hit rock bottom...

He hasn't been rubber stamp as far as I know. His first vote was also against Obama I think.

Also, we have hit rock bottom. As long as he isn't: in some federal corruption trial, molesting the pages, spending federal funds for a affair, etc then he's good now a days. :eusa_eh:

He hasn't been rubber stamp as far as I know. His first vote was also against Obama I think.

Also, we have hit rock bottom. As long as he isn't: in some federal corruption trial, molesting the pages, spending federal funds for a affair, etc then he's good now a days. :eusa_eh:
what a sad day we live in

Well as he done anything major that you disagree with that makes him doing a bad job?

Just because the guy was a Liberal comedian doesn't mean he can't be a good Senator.

what a sad day we live in

Of course it is. Politicians aren't what they use to be.

I'd much rather prefer Adlai Stevenson than what the Democratic Party tries to pass off as Liberals now a days.

Edit: JB got banned again? :lol:

I don't know - you're the one who said he was doing good... Find us some stats to back this opinion up...

Sorry, I hold elected officials to higher standards...

I don't know - you're the one who said he was doing good... Find us some stats to back this opinion up...

You seem to not understand. I think he's doing a good job. If you don't think he's doing a good job, back up some stats to back up your opinion. I'm not google. I'm not going to waste my time finding statistics for a man who obviously doesn't like Al Franken being a Senator in the first place.

You seem to not understand. I think he's doing a good job. If you don't think he's doing a good job, back up some stats to back up your opinion. I'm not google. I'm not going to waste my time finding statistics for a man who obviously doesn't like Al Franken being a Senator in the first place.
well, how about you back up yours first

You seem to not understand. I think he's doing a good job. If you don't think he's doing a good job, back up some stats to back up your opinion.
That's not how it works...

You made a claim (statement) that the FrankenClown is doing good... I'm asking you to post something that backs this claim up (in your eyes)... If you don't want to, that's fine, but don't expect us to take your word that he's "doing good"....

Please don't ask me to prove the negative to this... I don't follow the Frankenberry's every movement... If you knew enough to claim he's doing good, then you must know something that I haven't heard...

Do share...

I have, I showed a link and talked about how he hasn't been a rubber stamp.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNs7Zpqo98]YouTube - Franken Talks Down Angry Mob[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zeBNGj0XE&feature=related]YouTube - Franken's First Bill: Service Dogs For Vets[/ame]

In relation to his first bill:

Franken-Isakson Service Dogs For Veterans Act Passes Senate

He had actually showed up a official of the DOJ on the Patriot Act.

http://washingtonindependent.com/60...-4th-amendment-to-justice-department-official

He hasn't done anything negative as far as I can see and has done positive things. I consider that good. So now it's your turn. Judge him as a Senator, not upon his comedy past which you are obviously doing.

Last edited:

It's not a given that he won't change his mind if he has additional information. Those who already like Al Franken are not a challenge - they already agree; but to be able to convince another to change their opinion or even to consider that their opinion is not as solid, might be a rewarding experience for you.

Not being snarky, just hope you consider that.

Of course, as there is little on Franken's experience, this may not be the best case for a trial balloon on that sort of experience for you. ;)

Last edited:
Al Franken also:

Voted to take away ACORN's funding:
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

And of course this vote:

To ensure that the Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change (commonly known as the "White House Climate Change Czar") is not directing actions of departments and agencies funded by this Act.

He voted: Yea

To help preserve America's national parks and other public land treasures by reducing maintenance backlogs that threaten the health and safety of visitors.

He voted: Yea

Other than that, just regular appointing and approving of judges and other fiscal stuff so far. Nothing major as far as I could see.

I have, I showed a link and talked about how he hasn't been a rubber stamp.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNs7Zpqo98"]YouTube - Franken Talks Down Angry Mob[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zeBNGj0XE&feature=related"]YouTube - Franken's First Bill: Service Dogs For Vets[/ame]

In relation to his first bill:

Franken-Isakson Service Dogs For Veterans Act Passes Senate

He had actually showed up a official of the DOJ on the Patriot Act.

He hasn't done anything negative as far as I can see and has done positive things. I consider that good. So now it's your turn. Judge him as a Senator, not upon his comedy past which you are obviously doing.
the first video has a dishonest title, they were NOT an "angry mob" at all, they were quite respectful from what i saw

and the second one actually is a good thing and i would support frankens bill on the dogs for wounded vets

the first video has a dishonest title, they were NOT an "angry mob" at all, they were quite respectful from what i saw

and the second one actually is a good thing and i would support frankens bill on the dogs for wounded vets

:eusa_eh: I didn't make the videos, only post them. Maybe they were angry beforehand? I dunno. They definitely weren't angry compared to others though.

And yes, it was a good bill with bipartisanship.

Forum List

Back