Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

Attachments

• 1fcc4e19763d94dd52052887c9c5f8944ab3187e9878783b0e36d3b1ea816565.jpg
    1fcc4e19763d94dd52052887c9c5f8944ab3187e9878783b0e36d3b1ea816565.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 33
whats to

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

whats to chat about???
they dont believe in anything,,,

Atheism isn't a religion. Being an atheist doesn't require any sort of mental or emotional investment, doesn't require a debate or discussion, there is no text to memorize, no rules to follow. No faith, no belief required. Just a simple fact. Like saying the sun is round, you leave it at that and there is no more to say or think about. The sun is round. Good. Discussion over.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Here's a nice story for ya' -

Once an observant Jew got angry and decided he'll become a heretic/atheist,
but he had not idea what it was or how to do it, and everyone in his village were observant.
One day he heard rumors about this Jew who became a heretic, so he asked around about where he lived, took his stuff and left for the destination.

When he arrived he saw a town full of observant Jews, and tried to find the heretic guy, but he didn't know anything about him, so he went asking around, but no one gave an answer. After spending a full day in searching and no results he decided to go the nearest synagogue for a rest and maybe find some corner to pass the night.

Upon arriving at the synagogue he saw an old man surrounded by books and studying, so he thought this man should certainly know everyone in town and tell him everything he needs.
So he sat in front of the old man, who didn't notice him being concentrated in the books.
Then gathered courage and interrupted him asking "Excuse me, I'm this and that, heard rumors abut this atheist and came looking for him, maybe You know where to find him?". The old man answered "That's me, I'm the heretic, atheist, what do You want?". The guy got excited - "I decided I'm an atheist too, came to learn how to do it. Can You teach me?". The old man asked "Did You learn all the Gmarah and laws?" , the guy answered "No", the old man asked "did You learn Mishnah?", the guys answered "No", the old man asked "did You even learn the 5 books of Moses?", the guy repeated "No".

Old man raised his head, looked at him for the first time, and said straight to his face -
"then go away, and don't bother me before you've learned all these, and don't call yourself an atheist, because you're too stupid to be one".

Capiche?

Last edited:
Atheism isn't a religion. Being an atheist doesn't require any sort of mental or emotional investment, doesn't require a debate or discussion, there is no text to memorize, no rules to follow. No faith, no belief required. Just a simple fact. Like saying the sun is round, you leave it at that and there is no more to say or think about. The sun is round. Good. Discussion over.
A great many atheists were once very religious and are very familiar with the scriptures. I quit religion because of judgemental hypocrites covering up for pedophiles rather than a lack of belief. My loss of faith much came later after watching my mother die a slow, cruel, painful death. It was easier to just give it all up rather than walk around wanting to punch the face of God.

I either believe in a Supreme Being or I want to believe in one. However, the current conduct of some Christians, some Muslims, and some Jews ( don't know about the other faiths) has made the conflict far more difficult and provided a clear incentive to become an atheist. I shy away from using the term "God" in any language do its use by these people to justify their aggression toward others and other bad acts stemming from politics and a desire for earthly power.

I once met a noted Christian author in a receiving line, and told him that he was saving specifically the Christian faith for me through his writings because I was so overwhelmed with all of the bullshit that has been produced by Christians that I was thinking about chucking the whole thing. He basically told me to find that little glimmer of truth in all the bullshit and work with that; that it was there, but I had to search for it. This gave me some inspiration to continue searching.

In the end, I don't think that any faith or denomination represents a total "truth" to the exclusion of all others. I rather think that there is a universal spark in most, if not all human beings, that the religions squelch, that unites all of us and leads us to try to do the right thing; a universal faith that guides us, perhaps under the direction of a Supreme Being/Creator.

I do not believe that any other human being can tell me exactly what my faith should be, as no human being knows. Maybe somebody has a good idea to offer, or maybe not. In the end, it is up to each individual to decide for her- or himself.

Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, ---
Why would you call yourselves 'Christians' if you hold no supernatural beliefs? It seems to me 'messiahs' must be anointed by God. Where does you knowledge come from if not from God? Sounds supernatural to me.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Yeah. You're saying one'd have to have a detailed knowledge of any god in whose existence one did not believe. Conversely, one logically would have to believe in the existence of any god of which one did not have a detailed knowledge.

So, how many of the world's gods do you have enough knowledge of to not believe in their existence? I mean there's the Greek, Roman, Nordic and Hindu pantheons just for starters.

By the same token, you must believe in the existence of an awful lot of gods whose names you do not even know.

Regards
DL

There is no way to be sensible with persons who claim that all the genetics of life wrote itself because nothingness decided to write code

There is no way to be sensible with persons who claim that all the genetics of life wrote itself because nothingness decided to write code
Your comment raised a question for me (sorry if it is off topic), namely how does God operate? When I drop an apple it falls. Is it:
  • God decides to move that apple in that direction
  • God created gravity and it is gravity that moves the apple
  • Neither
  • Both

Your comment raised a question for me (sorry if it is off topic), namely how does God operate? When I drop an apple it falls. Is it:
  • Neither
  • Both

God created the code that created the apple, and God created the code that led to your question. Since I am not God I do not have all the answers, it's funny how you believe you do yet you can't figure out how to pay off your loans

• Neither
  • Both

God created the code that created the apple, and God created the code that led to your question. Since I am not God I do not have all the answers, it's funny how you believe you do yet you can't figure out how to pay off your loans
If you're concerned about my mortgage, thanks but it is being paid off just fine, even ahead of schedule.

If I had all the answers why would I ask the question? Like that one.

You wrote, "God created the code that created the apple", could God's code be evolution?

• Neither
  • Both

If you're concerned about my mortgage, thanks but it is being paid off just fine, even ahead of schedule.

If I had all the answers why would I ask the question? Like that one.

You wrote, "God created the code that created the apple", could God's code be evolution?
Yup. Gods code improves itself and adapts excellently to new environments. So when humans enter a ship to take a voyage of millennia the life on the ship will adapt, then re adapt to the new planet and all begins again.

But not you as you are darwins pond scum

Yawn

Gods code improves itself and adapts excellently to new environments.
Why does this sound exactly like evolution? I guess we're all darwins pond scum then.
Actually if you look at every year corvette you see an example of mechanical evolution. Why would God not create organisms that would better themselves without intervention?

Lol you can not change the past or influence the future from your perspective of ignorance

Actually if you look at every year corvette you see an example of mechanical evolution. Why would God not create organisms that would better themselves without intervention?

Lol you can not change the past or influence the future from your perspective of ignorance
Thanks for the clarification. I originally thought you didn't believe in evolution through now I see you do.

Forum List

Back