Lets assume

Lets assume the Republicans were willing to go for new taxes.

Now Liberals provide for us your list of acceptable cuts and acceptable tax increases.

How about we start by cutting your military retirement benefits in half?

No?

That wouldn't be fair, would it?

After all, you deserve those benefits, right?

They aren't benefits, you idiot. They were in his contract. Yeesh, read up, so ya don't get beat up, AGAIN.

Well isn't that EXACTLY what I said?

That he deserved the benefits?

But they ARE benefits no less than social security is a benefit.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

Now is this retired military guy prepared to SHARE sacrifice like he demands that everybody BUT HIM do?

No he is not prepared to do that, is he?

ARe the boy7s in uniform prepared to take pay decreases like they want everybody else to do?

No they are not, are they?

Contracted benefits?

Social security is a contracted benfit, too.

Everybody want everybody ELSE to sacrifice.

You haven't noticed this?

Last edited:
Remove the regressive income cap on Social Security contributions and expose all forms of income to it. Problem solved.

But also cut all oil subsidies, ag subsidies, reduce defense spending, raise the SS and Medicare retirement age by one year, and tie all COLA's in federal payments except SS to a chained CPI.

Last edited:
For Example: if you retired at twenty years of service on the final Pay retirement system, you received 50% of your final months pay as your pension, and that percentage increases by 2.5% for each additional year of service.

The Military Retirement System - Military Benefits - Military.com

So you can retire at 37 with 50% pay (adjusted for inflation to boot), free to inexpensive medical care, cheap stuff from the PX and still have another career using the education you received in the military.

This adds up to a shitload of money at taxpayer expense.

I think RGS should volunteer to refuse his bennies.

For Example: if you retired at twenty years of service on the final Pay retirement system, you received 50% of your final months pay as your pension, and that percentage increases by 2.5% for each additional year of service.

So you can retire at 37 with 50% pay (adjusted for inflation to boot), free to inexpensive medical care, cheap stuff from the PX and still have another career using the education you received in the military.

It is interesting that the RW doesn't go after these "bloated government workers". Why are the promised benefits of public employees always up for grabs for these RWers whenever a state or county has financial problems, but not military members when the Feds are in trouble?

It is interesting that the RW doesn't go after these "bloated government workers". Why are the promised benefits of public employees always up for grabs for these RWers whenever a state or county has financial problems, but not military members when the Feds are in trouble?

Bingo!

75% at 47 if you make e-9 and do 30...

Can someone remind me if the military has to pay directly into their retirement or is that the tax payers burden?

Wharr is Scott Walker?

No?

They aren't benefits, you idiot. They were in his contract. Yeesh, read up, so ya don't get beat up, AGAIN.

Well isn't that EXACTLY what I said?

That he deserved the benefits?

But they ARE benefits no less than social security is a benefit.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

Now is this retired military guy prepared to SHARE sacrifice like he demands that everybody BUT HIM do?

No he is not prepared to do that, is he?

ARe the boy7s in uniform prepared to take pay decreases like they want everybody else to do?

No they are not, are they?

Contracted benefits?

Social security is a contracted benfit, too.

Everybody want everybody ELSE to sacrifice.

You haven't noticed this?

KA-POW!!!!

kapow.jpg

Can someone remind me if the military has to pay directly into their retirement or is that the tax payers burden?

Wharr is Scott Walker?

Other than in the taxes they pay, no.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing a deduction for that on my LES

I still have most of my LESs...I could go look, but I have to get ready for work (at my other "bloated government job where not only do I contribute, but we keep being asked to contribute more...not the managers though...they still get all their benefits with NO COST SHARE...oh yeah, and let's not forget those mandatory furlough days)

Reading comprehension was never your strong suit....

Never said I was unwilling to consider cuts....I said that was unwilling to discuss them with hyper-partisan toolboxes like yourself. See the difference? I know you dont!

And I repeat keep playing your games just like your heroes in the Senate that refuse to do their job. Just keep proving my point. Thanks again.

This is why you are a partisan idiot. You seem to think that the Senate is under some kind of obligation to just rubber stamp the House. Sorry but it doesn't work that way.

The deal is in talks right now. The Senate isn't doing anything until Obama and the GOP come to an accord.

Moron.

You gotta wonder about people that constantly bray on about "the majority of the American people.." then switch to minority rule when they want to ram their agenda through.

2010 was about Republicans convincing Seniors that the Health Care plan threatened Medicare and the Democrats were going to put up death panels. That's how they won. By lying through their teeth.

Close every base overseas.
End every war.
Eliminate the VA entirely.
Fire 3/4 of the military.
The remaining 1/4 take a 50% pay cut.
Cut all retired military pay by 75%.

Fucking Bush.......

You notice it all revolves around the central responsibility of the federal govt (national defense) and those who EARN their living providing that service... and nothing about the freeloaders, entitlement junkies, redundant agencies, absurd subsidies, etc...

Shows a lot about this idiot poster

Close every base overseas.
End every war.
Eliminate the VA entirely.
Fire 3/4 of the military.
The remaining 1/4 take a 50% pay cut.
Cut all retired military pay by 75%.

Fucking Bush.......

You notice it all revolves around the central responsibility of the federal govt (national defense) and those who EARN their living providing that service... and nothing about the freeloaders, entitlement junkies, redundant agencies, absurd subsidies, etc...

Shows a lot about this idiot poster

Dude, gullible is on the ceiling.

And you are calling me an idiot.

Too funny.

Lets assume the Republicans were willing to go for new taxes.

Now Liberals provide for us your list of acceptable cuts and acceptable tax increases.

No?

More than people who don't do a damn thing and get entitlements from the govt... Sorry, but soldiers take less pay to gain the benefits they MAY get if they stay 20 years in one of the toughest jobs around...

You're yet another one who will scream about military pay and benefits, but we don't see you screaming about welfare, entitlement junkies, etc..

typical though

:lol:

Soldiers take less pay?

Base pay

Tax free BAS and BAH

Get married? Here's more money.

Have a kid? Here's some more money.

Oh, another kid? Here's some more.

Last edited:
And a nice retirement (while you are still young) funded by the tax payers at no additional cost to you.

Forum List

Back