Let's All Get Stoned!

Any equipment operators on any kind of drug whether it be prescription or not are a huge cost factor for the employer. I say that from the perspective of a former employer plus a former owner of heavy equipment. Even a little pot slows down the responsiveness of the operator. A machine breakdown can cost thousands to fix for just a little boo-boo on the part of the operator. Son damn near got ran over out on a job where a few of his crew members were potheads that had the truck driver backing up without first looking to see where everyone else on the crew was located; he was pretty miffed about it too as he barely had time to get out of the way of being ran over. After that he refused to work with anyone who smoked pot on those type construction jobs with operating equipment. In a factory or a warehouse costs also run up from damages when a simple forklift operation goes awry. Dump a load or run into something and it can cost the employer thousands in an instant.
Unlike, "insurance scams" and "cutting corners to reduce costs".
You can hire potheads if you are an employer but personally I have seen too many screw ups to have that desire. Things like a million dollar project with the concrete grades in total opposition to the blue prints because the screwed-up construction boys were too f'up and read the blue prints in total opposition to what they were. Son makes a good living fixing what other contractors f'up now because of the incompetence throughout in his field of expertise. Insurance doesn't pay for those screw-ups, either the purchaser or the contractors pays.

In the case of a doctor being 'high' and screwing up, the patient pays the price. The doctors liability insurance company is responsible for their screw-ups but that doesn't mean the patient will necessarily be able to recover anything. It should be up to that insurance company to retrieve losses from those docs that they may have had to make payouts for the docs being druggies damaging patients but that is not the case as the docs just get their licenses pulled. Generally the patients that were screwed over are stuck with the results of the docs who were endangering their lives and the docs may get a slap on the wrist if even that.

Make marijuana legal and you reduce these positive tests by more than half. Marijuana is harmless and non addictive, and no one has yet to die from an overdose. The genie is out of the bottle, and regressive redneck control freaks like Atty. General and Grand Wizard Jeff Sessions cannot change this fact.

OP Note:

"Marijuana is harmless and non addictive"

Both have been scientifically proven to be false.
harmless and non addictive??? How can wasting your life in a stoned haze be harmless?
Do you wish that on your children?

It's no different than alcohol.
Some will abuse it to the point it takes over their lives.
Personally I dont smoke everyday nor do I drink everyday.
A lot of people do use every day though and they seem to think that they are perfectly okay to do it and still get a paycheck while stoned.

Any equipment operators on any kind of drug whether it be prescription or not are a huge cost factor for the employer. I say that from the perspective of a former employer plus a former owner of heavy equipment. Even a little pot slows down the responsiveness of the operator. A machine breakdown can cost thousands to fix for just a little boo-boo on the part of the operator. Son damn near got ran over out on a job where a few of his crew members were potheads that had the truck driver backing up without first looking to see where everyone else on the crew was located; he was pretty miffed about it too as he barely had time to get out of the way of being ran over. After that he refused to work with anyone who smoked pot on those type construction jobs with operating equipment. In a factory or a warehouse costs also run up from damages when a simple forklift operation goes awry. Dump a load or run into something and it can cost the employer thousands in an instant.
You can hire potheads if you are an employer but personally I have seen too many screw ups to have that desire. Things like a million dollar project with the concrete grades in total opposition to the blue prints because the screwed-up construction boys were too f'up and read the blue prints in total opposition to what they were. Son makes a good living fixing what other contractors f'up now because of the incompetence throughout in his field of expertise. Insurance doesn't pay for those screw-ups, either the purchaser or the contractors pays.

In the case of a doctor being 'high' and screwing up, the patient pays the price. The doctors liability insurance company is responsible for their screw-ups but that doesn't mean the patient will necessarily be able to recover anything. It should be up to that insurance company to retrieve losses from those docs that they may have had to make payouts for the docs being druggies damaging patients but that is not the case as the docs just get their licenses pulled. Generally the patients that were screwed over are stuck with the results of the docs who were endangering their lives and the docs may get a slap on the wrist if even that.

Make marijuana legal and you reduce these positive tests by more than half. Marijuana is harmless and non addictive, and no one has yet to die from an overdose. The genie is out of the bottle, and regressive redneck control freaks like Atty. General and Grand Wizard Jeff Sessions cannot change this fact.

OP Note:

harmless and non addictive??? How can wasting your life in a stoned haze be harmless?

A lot of people do use every day though and they seem to think that they are perfectly okay to do it and still get a paycheck while stoned.

Pot is no different than alcohol....you dont use either while at work.

OP Note:

So, from your perspective, alcohol should be illegal as well, right?

OP Note:

In your mind?

I wouldn't want a drunk on a job either. If you want to have recreational anything you do that on your own time period, not while you are selling your time and talents to someone else.

OP Note:

Agreed getting high while getting paid by someone else should be off limits in any situation. I do not necessarily agree with you about pot and alcohol being exactly the same thing. Whether that is due to drug dealers added things to pot or not I don't know. I do know someone that has had their own plants for over forty years that smokes what they grow. It hasn't affected them in the same manner as those I have known that have bought and used street drugs. Just a guess but there must be a difference in homegrown verses what is sold on the street.

OP Note:

Agreed getting high while getting paid by someone else should be off limits in any situation. I do not necessarily agree with you about pot and alcohol being exactly the same thing. Whether that is due to drug dealers added things to pot or not I don't know. I do know someone that has had their own plants for over forty years that smokes what they grow. It hasn't affected them in the same manner as those I have known that have bought and used street drugs. Just a guess but there must be a difference in homegrown verses what is sold on the street.

Lacing weed is one of the biggest myths out there.
While it may happen in rare circumstances I myself have never encountered it in my 35 years.
Your buddies weed was just weaker because he didnt know what he was doing.

It all boils down to being an adult when it comes to recreational drinking or smoking.
You dont do either before work or if you plan on driving.

What happen to liberty and personal freedom mr. loserterian? Oh'yesss, you only attack the poor while sucking the rich mans dick.

This loses the rich man some money...Can't have that.

loser liberals waste their lives stoned, and weaken our country. It is far better to be have Republican religious values and to work hard at your job, family, and society.
So we'll get stoned on Jesus's blood..

OP Note:

Just not as addicting as pussy when you're 20...

OP Note:

I don't recommend anyone get stoned while working....Except the boss, he really doesn't do much of any physical labor....

While it may happen in rare circumstances I myself have never encountered it in my 35 years.

It all boils down to being an adult when it comes to recreational drinking or smoking.
You never smoked or drank while driving?

In my youth yeah.
Hell,back then they'd just tell you to go home and sober up.

In my youth yeah.
Hell,back then they'd just tell you to go home and sober up.
Some would make you pour out what you had...

In your mind?
I don't know what you mean by that. All of the arguments you've made here, and then some, can be made against alcohol. I'm just curious if you're also advocating for making that illegal. Would you if it were feasible?
No I wouldn't make alcohol illegal nor would I suggest becoming an abuser of it either. People need to have freedom to make their own choices. They should be well informed on the choices they make and there does need to be measures to help prevent abuse when it is a problem or an issue. <I think that is where a part of the problem may be information and misinformation is spewed all over the place on drugs and alcohol both. It seems to me like people I have observed over the years seek to hide or try to overcome issues whether real or perceived that they can't deal with by numbing their minds generally. It all should be regulated and taxed if commercial sold. If someone is making their own wine or growing a plant for their private own use that should be off limits to the law.

That adult thing though is beyond some peeps so something has to be determined as to where to draw the lines. I recall a young boy about seven when I was a teen whose parents were dopers. Sharp boy and he wanted so badly to have a regular home life. What can we do to help children like that without becoming to intrusive? I'd let him hang around with me while I was taking care of my animals but can't tell you what happened to him after I moved. I think this is an area where communities should have their churches and youth groups get involved to help these children for they won't be totally lost in that abyss their parents went into.

Let's be honest....

The way the rich and the top 10% fucker the workers...It makes more sense to get stoned.

Probably better then being none stoned and voting for the party that fucks the worker constantly in the ass(republicans).

OP Note:

lol. too late. i already saw, "Bright Lights, Big City".

Let's be honest....

The way the rich and the top 10% fucker the workers...It makes more sense to get stoned.

Probably better then being none stoned and voting for the party that fucks the worker constantly in the ass(republicans).

Funny..my bosses over the years never fucked me.
But then I actually worked to become an asset and didnt whine like a little bitch.

OP Note:

lol. too late. i already saw, "Bright Lights, Big City".
Sorry, I don't live in fantasy land and have not seen your "Bright Lights, Big City" so have no clue what you are attempting to convey.

Forum List

Back