Let's address the REAL issue.

I blame Star Wars Episode III. Close to the end of that movie, Anikin walked into the Jedi academy and murdered all the aspiring Jedi in there. It was nothing but children no older than 8 years old, and he killed all the teachers as well. Anikins transformation to Darth Vader was complete.

No...

I blame video games, in particular Call of Duty and all the First Person Shooters out there.

No...

I blame the parents.

No...

I blame society.

No...

I blame religion.

No...

I blame the news

No...

I blame guns.

No...

I blame tv.

I mean this list goes on and on. Nobody blames the person who committed the act. It's always someone or something else's fault.

While there are a range of problems, I think you missed the primary factor entirely. It is disenfranchisement which plagues the US today. These people do not feel they are part of society. Countries with homogeneous populations do not suffer the breadth of kinds of crimes. Too many Americans are unable to feel guilt or remorse for taking lives of their fellow citizens. Instead of "we" it becomes "them". The same thing happens in wartime when invading armies ape and kill innocents they wouldn't in their homelands.

I'm pretty sure I don't agree with that but it is a valid point and it is now added to the list.

I fell like his point falls under yours of mental illness.
Beg to differ. I think it falls under psychopathology. There are many examples of serial killers who protective of family and yet could feel no remorse or guilt for their victims. Now this guy killed his mother and was undoubtedly a raging loon, but I am not suggesting that it is a one-size-fits-all explanation. He, without question, felt completely alienated by society. This, in turn, stopped an internal trigger that stops us which thankfully most of us have when imagining or even contemplating such actions.

The idea that video games lent to this guy's mentality is nonsense. A video game causing violent behavior is more a reflection of the users detachment from reality than the content of the game.

It's just a game, I don't have any issues playing them.

I think you and some other's better wake the hell up...

Violent video games linked to child aggression - CNN.com

Latest Study To Look At Violent Video Games Claims They Make Teenagers More Aggressive

Violent Video Games and Aggressive Behaviors

Violent Video Games Lead to Harmful Brain Changes | TIME.com

Anything taken to an extreme can turn to a negative. And there are just as many studies that show that video game HELP some parts of brain developwment as well as coordination. There are probably billions of children and adults around the world who have played video games. What percentage of those have then commited crimes as a result? Its like banning salt or sugar because some people can't moderate their use.

And teen aggression is a normal part of puberty.

I don't understand the connection. How were any recent rulings even a little bit responsible for any of the shooting of the past few decades?
Not recent rulings, but rulings over the past 30 or more years in America, and especially rulings by activist rogue judges.

Ok, so what is the connection? Which of these mass killers were motivated by judge's decisions?
It is a lead up to, and a slow molding over time, in which built up a specific culture or cult forms of thinking in America, in which couldnot or wouldnot have been created if justice would have been on the side of the good people throughout the last 30 or more years in America.. I remember many rulings where the peoples jaws dropped to the floor over those many years looking back now, and I knew that once these rulings were made there would be consequences by such rulings. How about the revolving door that was known of the justice system back in the ninties, eighties and later seventies that had formed in which people finally had to reform or work to end over time (or) the bad injustice rulings not fitting of the crimes in which took place over and over again in America ? These are all building blocks to a culture that finally had gotten out of control, and that finally led up to what we are seeing as a long drawn out result of right now today in America.

I blame Star Wars Episode III. Close to the end of that movie, Anikin walked into the Jedi academy and murdered all the aspiring Jedi in there. It was nothing but children no older than 8 years old, and he killed all the teachers as well. Anikins transformation to Darth Vader was complete.

No...

I blame video games, in particular Call of Duty and all the First Person Shooters out there.

No...

I blame the parents.

No...

I blame society.

No...

I blame religion.

No...

I blame the news

No...

I blame guns.

No...

I blame tv.

I mean this list goes on and on. Nobody blames the person who committed the act. It's always someone or something else's fault.
You think it's this simple eh, just blame the individual and be done with it, and don't go after what made him tick or find out what went wrong with his programing or the short circuiting of that programing over the years ? Sad.

Mentally ill people use all sorts of weapons to kill. The common denominator is the crazy.

No...

No...

I blame the parents.

No...

I blame society.

No...

I blame religion.

No...

I blame the news

No...

I blame guns.

No...

I blame tv.

You think it's this simple eh, just blame the individual and be done with it, and don't go after what made him tick or find out what went wrong with his programing or the short circuiting of that programing over the years ? Sad.

What went wrong was in his brain. Not on the tv not in newspapers not in a game.

What many are inclined to do is restrict what they consider the triggers FOR ALL rather than seek to help individuals with mental issues.

The idea that video games lent to this guy's mentality is nonsense. A video game causing violent behavior is more a reflection of the users detachment from reality than the content of the game.

It's just a game, I don't have any issues playing them.

I think you and some other's better wake the hell up...

Violent video games linked to child aggression - CNN.com

Latest Study To Look At Violent Video Games Claims They Make Teenagers More Aggressive

Violent Video Games and Aggressive Behaviors

Violent Video Games Lead to Harmful Brain Changes | TIME.com

Anything taken to an extreme can turn to a negative. And there are just as many studies that show that video game HELP some parts of brain developwment as well as coordination. There are probably billions of children and adults around the world who have played video games. What percentage of those have then commited crimes as a result? Its like banning salt or sugar because some people can't moderate their use.

Yes, video games can be good, but it all depends on what the person is using or watching in a video game, in which could give evidence also as to where that persons mind was or stood as a person. It was that the person was either vulnerable in life to things that are bad or either prone to things that are good.( We know the answer to this as a first step)..

An investigation into this perons life now, can give many answers to all of these questions and/or things, and it also can give answers to the broader trail in which he was on or was traveling down, in that maybe there are many others also who are walking down the same trail right now as well. We need to get on the trail, and we need to find out who is walking down this trail, before we can begin to get a handle on this sort of thing. Problem is though, is that their are many who want to cover up the trail quickly afterwards, and to wipe away the tracks as so we don't get a bead on the reasons people go down or what caused them to get upon the trail. Is it money and/or monied interest that keeps the trail going cold or is it a broader agenda that keeps the trail going cold? Is it just a culture that is being protected that keeps the trail running cold once we all get onto it in search of ? Right here we see evidence of those who want to keep the trail cold and dark, but why ?

No...

No...

I blame the parents.

No...

I blame society.

No...

I blame religion.

No...

I blame the news

No...

I blame guns.

No...

I blame tv.

Should we ban alchohol because many get drunk, get in a car and kill someone or do we ban the car or do we blame the person?

Should we ban guns because this guy walked into a school and murdered 20 children or do we blame the person who did it?

Should we ban television because some kids saw a crime and then decided that they wanted to know what it felt like to commit murder or do we blame the kids?

No thing, no person is to blame other than the person who committed the murders.

Yes, video games can be good, but it all depends on what the person is using or watching in a video game, in which could give evidence also as to where that persons mind was or stood as a person. It was that the person was either vulnerable in life to things that are bad or either prone to things that are good.( We know the answer to this as a first step)..

An investigation into this perons life now, can give many answers to all of these questions and/or things, and it also can give answers to the broader trail in which he was on or was traveling down, in that maybe there are many others also who are walking down the same trail right now as well. We need to get on the trail, and we need to find out who is walking down this trail, before we can begin to get a handle on this sort of thing. Problem is though, is that their are many who want to cover up the trail quickly afterwards, and to wipe away the tracks as so we don't get a bead on the reasons people go down or what caused them to get upon the trail. Is it money and/or monied interest that keeps the trail going cold or is it a broader agenda that keeps the trail going cold? Is it just a culture that is being protected that keeps the trail running cold once we all get onto it in search of ? Right here we see evidence of those who want to keep the trail cold and dark, but why ?

What went wrong was in his brain. And the reason the trail has gone cold is because he blew his brains out.

I don't know what else or who else you could blame..

I'm pretty sure I don't agree with that but it is a valid point and it is now added to the list.

Beg to differ. I think it falls under psychopathology. There are many examples of serial killers who protective of family and yet could feel no remorse or guilt for their victims. Now this guy killed his mother and was undoubtedly a raging loon, but I am not suggesting that it is a one-size-fits-all explanation. He, without question, felt completely alienated by society. This, in turn, stopped an internal trigger that stops us which thankfully most of us have when imagining or even contemplating such actions.
Could it be like the pit bull syndrone, where as the owner of the dog either teaches it to kill by many methods or even abuse also can cause a trigger in the dog to go off, or maybe he or she makes it a loving pet that wouldn't hurt a flea, much less anything else in life ?

Ok so now we are at the parent level, did the boy become abused maybe, and if so did the mother do this because of her divorce and rejection or scorn that had become her lost love life with the husband ?

Ok so now we are at divorce rates in this nation, so what is leading to all the divorce in this nation and why ?

Ok so now we are at the reason for so many divorce rates in the nation, so could we take some pressure off of the American family finally, if economis is driving the rates so high ?

Ok so now we are at economics in the nation, and how do we get this in better shape, because it is now that we can't trust our neighbors or much of anything else due to the pressures that are making society buckle under the weight of it all.

It could be just simple as adultery rates in the nation causing the family to fall apart, and if so how do we look at this, and how do we slow adultery down in the nation ? Make adultery against the law maybe, having stiff fines and penaties involved when this sort of thing happens ?

Find the trail and get on it America, these childrens lost lives depends on us doing so.

Could it be like the pit bull syndrone, where as the owner of the dog either teaches it to kill by many methods or even abuse also can cause a trigger in the dog to go off, or maybe he or she makes it a loving pet that wouldn't hurt a flea, much less anything else in life ?

Ok so now we are at the parent level, did the boy become abused maybe, and if so did the mother do this because of her divorce and rejection or scorn that had become her lost love life with the husband ?

Ok so now we are at divorce rates in this nation, so what is leading to all the divorce in this nation and why ?

Ok so now we are at the reason for so many divorce rates in the nation, so could we take some pressure off of the American family finally, if economis is driving the rates so high ?

Ok so now we are at economics in the nation, and how do we get this in better shape, because it is now that we can't trust our neighbors or much of anything else due to the pressures that are making society buckle under the weight of it all.

It could be just simple as adultery rates in the nation causing the family to fall apart, and if so how do we look at this, and how do we slow adultery down in the nation ? Make adultery against the law maybe, having stiff fines and penaties involved when this sort of thing happens ?

Find the trail and get on it America, these childrens lost lives depends on us doing so.

Or the killer was just crazy :eusa_shhh:.

I agree but it's more of an issue of a "violent culture", imo.

You may not agree with those who blame video games, but it's a valid point in this thread. I can't blame video games alone, imo, that's silly.

And Goth? If the last two killers were into the Goth culture, it by no means equates to all Goths are killers.

Violence in society was not just invented with the TV, radio, video games, newspapers, media in communications or computers.
We see that the history of humans is one of violence , murder, oppression and hate.
But what adds fuel to the fire is a society which demands access to guns and weapons in mass.

In this thread we are looking for answers to the "why" and not the "how". You want to make rediculous points about gun control there are a ton of other threads on the subject. Take that rediculous crap there.

You want to speculate why. You have no analytical abilities on this forum to truly deterime why someone went on a killing rampage since you do not know the true motive and why people need to murder en mass.
You only want to again blame the media and certain sections of society, and ignore the fact that some humans kill. I did notice you left out demons, the Devil, mental illness, God or the simple act of the desire to kill.

Last edited:

No...

No...

I blame the parents.

No...

I blame society.

No...

I blame religion.

No...

I blame the news

No...

I blame guns.

No...

I blame tv.

Should we ban alchohol because many get drunk, get in a car and kill someone or do we ban the car or do we blame the person?

Should we ban guns because this guy walked into a school and murdered 20 children or do we blame the person who did it?

Should we ban television because some kids saw a crime and then decided that they wanted to know what it felt like to commit murder or do we blame the kids?

No thing, no person is to blame other than the person who committed the murders.
Could make alcohol more expensive like ciggeretts, and tax it to death, + take out some of the alcohol content by percentages of, where as it would take a person 5 six packs to get a buzz, and then they better be at home or not driving when they get that buzz or else.

There are ways to slow many things down, but monied interest takes precidence over our wills to do the right thing, and this sadly for us and our children in this nation.

The real issue is; Why do these shootings take place?

Possible reasons:

1. Our society in general.
2. Our culture of violence.
3. Our culture of entitlement.
4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
7. Mishandling of the mentally ill.
8. Disenfranchizement.

Where are these lunatics coming from? How many more are out there?

It’s not 3, 4, 5, or 8.

‘Society in general’ is vague, but it is our culture’s acceptance of violence as a legitimate means of conflict resolution which contributes.

The media do play a role, but not likely as you intended; with the 24/7 news cycle, internet, and wireless communications, we hear about more bad news sooner – this creates the perception that things have ‘gotten worse,’ when in reality violence in our society as always been a constant.

The mishandling of the mentally ill, along with our mental health policies Nationwide, is likely the largest contributor – our inability to identify and treat forms of mental illness before someone feels compelled to respond to his mental illness in a violent manner must be resolved.

It will not be cheap or easy to address the issue of mental illness, but it is our only feasible solution at hand with regard to reducing gun violence.

Or the killer was just crazy :eusa_shhh:.
It's not that simple and you know it, so you undoubtedly must be that simple in your mind then....Don't hate me now...

Could make alcohol more expensive like ciggeretts, and tax it to death, + take out some of the alcohol content by percentages of, where as it would take a person 5 six packs to get a buzz, and then they better be at home or not driving when they get that buzz or else.

There are ways to slow many things down, but monied interest takes precidence over our wills to do the right thing, and this sadly for us and our children in this nation.

Money doesn't take precidence our fucking freedoms do.

You've lost it dude..... seek help

Snow storms cause deaths every year. We gonna ban traveling in snow too?

When I said anything taken to an extreme can be a negative.....well this thread is a prime example.

Thanks but I prefer to make my own choices about alcohol, games and every other freedom I choose to indulge in.

The real issue is; Why do these shootings take place?

Possible reasons:

1. Our society in general.
2. Our culture of violence.
3. Our culture of entitlement.
4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
7. Mishandling of the mentally ill.

Where are these lunatics coming from? How many more are out there?

7. are just some of the the known culprits to begin with. There are more, but I think that injustice in America has been the biggest one of all.

When ever a court sides on the wrong side of the issues or upon a single issue, the waves radiate for thousands of miles out across America, and they crush everything in their path, because it empowers evil over good when this happens, and lately (the last 30+ years or better) we have had some of the baddest court decisions and/or decisions made by our leaders that we can hardly ever stomach, much less tolerate. Go back and review court decisions in America, and look what it has empowered now, and look what our government has created now over the years. It could take years to clean all this mess up, and then it might not be done then..:eusa_pray:

Who decides what is the ‘wrong side’ of an issue?

Otherwise, no, this has nothing to do with the problem of gun violence.

We can do better about alcohol abuse in this nation right now..

Of course blame the peson who did it, but also investigate why he did it...

Do you remember as a kid (not sure how old you are), when watching your TV, and watching things like Disney shows or Gilligans Island, The Adams Family, The Monsters, Gomer Pile, Batman, The Green Hornet, One Adam Twelve, Dragnet, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Kerry Grant and many others, and did these show make you want to go out and kill the inncents in life ? No they didnot, because they always lifted up the good guys and had a message that if you do wrong there are consequences, but we are bombarded now with shows and video games that show the good guy being last or being killed by the bad guy's, and kids being exploited having roles where they cuss and use fowel language, women being used as sex objects and exploited to the max, and the message now being more and more one of bad as is found in it all now. We fight against principalities and darkness that has risen up now upon the earth, and is taking advantage of our new found weaknesses.

Bull Crap..

Forum List

Back