Let's address the REAL issue.

One trend I have noticed is that a lot of the killers are the ones who got picked on in school.

That's because there is something wrong with them to begin with. There would be a lot less picking on if there wasn't so much emphasis on mainstreaming the mentally deficient.

They just showed a picture of the killer. He was wearing a baby blue polo shirt. Hardly goth attire

And so it begins. In my opinion, a major part of the problem. The media attention.

Is the media's purpose something other than covering news?

I think we can reasonably assume that the choice to go out with guns blazing and in the most horrific way possible is being fed to these people by the media. To them their life is un-livable and the lives of others are forfeit. They see the media coverage and think that that is the way they want to go out. THEN, they think, THEY will be remembered. THEY will be noticed. Their name will be on the lips of people all over the world, and people will know their face.

There would be no way to prove it I think, but I'd bet that if we refused to publish their names, refused to show their faces on the TV or in print, simply referring to them as "The Killer", it would take away a major motivation. You can still talk about the tragedy, about the victims, and about what is wrong with people, and not feed into the motives and ambition of the next killer.

Last edited:
And so it begins. In my opinion, a major part of the problem. The media attention.

I think we can reasonably assume that the choice to go out with guns blazing and in the most horrific way possible is being fed to these people by the media. To them their life is un-livable and the lives of others are forfeit. They see the media coverage and think that that is the way they want to go out. THEN, they think, THEY will be remembered. THEY will be noticed. Their name will be on the lips of people all over the world, and people will know their face.

I get what you're saying, but like the video game angle, it all comes down to the perpetrators detachment from reality. The media cannot be expected to ignore major news out of worry that someone else might get a bad idea from it.

I get what you're saying, but like the video game angle, it all comes down to the perpetrators detachment from reality. The media cannot be expected to ignore major news out of worry that someone else might get a bad idea from it.

Report the story but don't show the face or make the name public.

Video games are nothing more than today's scapegoat just like music was for my generation.

Someone that on edge could lose it simply by dropping his ice cream cone. Stay focused on reality people

The real issue is; Why do these shootings take place?

Possible reasons:

1. Our society in general.
2. Our culture of violence.
3. Our culture of entitlement.
4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
7. Mishandling of the mentally ill.

Where are these lunatics coming from? How many more are out there?
While there are a range of problems, I think you missed the primary factor entirely. It is disenfranchisement which plagues the US today. These people do not feel they are part of society. Countries with homogeneous populations do not suffer the breadth of kinds of crimes. Too many Americans are unable to feel guilt or remorse for taking lives of their fellow citizens. Instead of "we" it becomes "them". The same thing happens in wartime when invading armies ape and kill innocents they wouldn't in their homelands.

Video games are nothing more than today's scapegoat just like music was for my generation.

Someone that on edge could lose it simply by dropping his ice cream cone. Stay focused on reality people

No one in this thread is blaming video games exclusively.

I know but its been spouted all over tv. It just amazes me how sometimes there just is no answer as to why yet many feel forced to find a scapegoat.
Some people are just crazy and beyond that there is nothing else to blame.

Rather than trying to micro manage our lives we just need to take the best precautions we can.

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.

While there are a range of problems, I think you missed the primary factor entirely. It is disenfranchisement which plagues the US today. These people do not feel they are part of society. Countries with homogeneous populations do not suffer the breadth of kinds of crimes. Too many Americans are unable to feel guilt or remorse for taking lives of their fellow citizens. Instead of "we" it becomes "them". The same thing happens in wartime when invading armies ape and kill innocents they wouldn't in their homelands.

I'm pretty sure I don't agree with that but it is a valid point and it is now added to the list.

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.

I'm pretty sure I don't agree with that but it is a valid point and it is now added to the list.

I fell like his point falls under yours of mental illness.

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.

7. are just some of the the known culprits to begin with. There are more, but I think that injustice in America has been the biggest one of all.

When ever a court sides on the wrong side of the issues or upon a single issue, the waves radiate for thousands of miles out across America, and they crush everything in their path, because it empowers evil over good when this happens, and lately (the last 30+ years or better) we have had some of the baddest court decisions and/or decisions made by our leaders that we can hardly ever stomach, much less tolerate. Go back and review court decisions in America, and look what it has empowered now, and look what our government has created now over the years. It could take years to clean all this mess up, and then it might not be done then..:eusa_pray:

Last edited:

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.

7. are the known culprits to begin with. There are more, but I think that injustice in America has been the biggest one of all.

When ever a court sides on the wrong side of the issues or upon a single issue, the waves radiate for thousands of miles out across America, and they crush everything in their path, because it empowers evil over good when this happens, and lately (the last 30+ years or better) we have had some of the badest court decisions and/or decisions made by our leaders that we can hardly stomach, much less tolerate. Go back and review court decisions in America, and look what it has empowered now, and look what our government has created now over the years. It could take years to clean all this mess up, and then it might not be done then..:eusa_pray:

I don't understand the connection. How were any recent rulings even a little bit responsible for any of the shooting of the past few decades?

The idea that video games lent to this guy's mentality is nonsense. A video game causing violent behavior is more a reflection of the users detachment from reality than the content of the game.

It's just a game, I don't have any issues playing them.

I think you and some other's better wake the hell up...

Violent video games linked to child aggression - CNN.com

Latest Study To Look At Violent Video Games Claims They Make Teenagers More Aggressive

Violent Video Games and Aggressive Behaviors

Violent Video Games Lead to Harmful Brain Changes | TIME.com

"Goth and games" have nothing to do with murder. I really get tired of the argument about video games. Before them we all shot each other with play guns face to face during playtime.

Its a stupid argument and it detracts from the real issues these killers exploit

I agree but it's more of an issue of a "violent culture", imo.

You may not agree with those who blame video games, but it's a valid point in this thread. I can't blame video games alone, imo, that's silly.

And Goth? If the last two killers were into the Goth culture, it by no means equates to all Goths are killers.

Violence in society was not just invented with the TV, radio, video games, newspapers, media in communications or computers.
We see that the history of humans is one of violence , murder, oppression and hate.
But what adds fuel to the fire is a society which demands access to guns and weapons in mass.

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.

7. are the known culprits to begin with. There are more, but I think that injustice in America has been the biggest one of all.

When ever a court sides on the wrong side of the issues or upon a single issue, the waves radiate for thousands of miles out across America, and they crush everything in their path, because it empowers evil over good when this happens, and lately (the last 30+ years or better) we have had some of the badest court decisions and/or decisions made by our leaders that we can hardly stomach, much less tolerate. Go back and review court decisions in America, and look what it has empowered now, and look what our government has created now over the years. It could take years to clean all this mess up, and then it might not be done then..:eusa_pray:

I don't understand the connection. How were any recent rulings even a little bit responsible for any of the shooting of the past few decades?
Not recent rulings, but rulings over the past 30 or more years in America, and especially rulings by activist rogue judges.

"Goth and games" have nothing to do with murder. I really get tired of the argument about video games. Before them we all shot each other with play guns face to face during playtime.

Its a stupid argument and it detracts from the real issues these killers exploit

You may not agree with those who blame video games, but it's a valid point in this thread. I can't blame video games alone, imo, that's silly.

And Goth? If the last two killers were into the Goth culture, it by no means equates to all Goths are killers.

Violence in society was not just invented with the TV, radio, video games, newspapers, media in communications or computers.
We see that the history of humans is one of violence , murder, oppression and hate.
But what adds fuel to the fire is a society which demands access to guns and weapons in mass.

In this thread we are looking for answers to the "why" and not the "how". You want to make rediculous points about gun control there are a ton of other threads on the subject. Take that rediculous crap there.

The idea that video games lent to this guy's mentality is nonsense. A video game causing violent behavior is more a reflection of the users detachment from reality than the content of the game.

It's just a game, I don't have any issues playing them.

I think you and some other's better wake the hell up...

Violent video games linked to child aggression - CNN.com

Latest Study To Look At Violent Video Games Claims They Make Teenagers More Aggressive

Violent Video Games and Aggressive Behaviors

Violent Video Games Lead to Harmful Brain Changes | TIME.com
Yes, and this is just a part of the puzzel we need to put together and lay out on the table...

Not recent rulings, but rulings over the past 30 or more years in America, and especially rulings by activist rogue judges.

Ok, so what is the connection? Which of these mass killers were motivated by judge's decisions?

In this thread we are looking for answers to the "why" and not the "how". You want to make rediculous points about gun control there are a ton of other threads on the subject. Take that rediculous crap there.
I agree..

Forum List

Back